• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Favorite villager of each species?

ayeeprill

The Hash Slinging Slasher
Bells
Switch
7817-6240-7509
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
We have a thread right now for favorite villager of each personality, overall favorite, and least favorite.

But what's your favorite villager of each animal species?

Mine are:

Alligator: Drago. Honorable mention to Gayle.
Anteater: Antonio.
Bear: Never been a huge bear fan, but I really like the look of Megan!
Bird: Piper, Robin, and Midge are all pretty cute, but I don't have any clear favorite. (Shoutout to Twirp from ACGC)
Bull: Another species I'm not a huge fan of, but I guess I'd have to say Stu.
Cat: Kiki is my favorite of all the villagers, so she obviously gets a nod here. Honorable mentions to Tangy, Felicity, and Kitty.
Chicken: Becky has a really nice color palette, so I'll say her. I did enjoy Egbert when I had him in New Leaf, however.
Cow: Currently, my favorite would have to be Norma. (Shoutouts to Bessie and Belle, who have been missing since ACGC)
Cub: Cheri. Honorable mentions to Stitches and June.
Deer: Diana. Honorable mentions to Bruce and Deirdre
Dog: I adore golden retrievers, so of course Goldie's my girl. Honorable mentions to Maddie, Biskit, Cookie, Daisy, and Bea.
Duck: Bill, Molly, and Ketchup are all pretty cool. I don't know if there's a clear favorite here.
Eagle: Apollo. Honorable mentions to Frank, Buzz, and Celia
Elephant: Tia. Honorable mention to Big Top.
Frog: Ribbot. Honorable mentions to Puddles and Jeremiah.
Goat: Nan. Honorable mentions to Pashmina, Velma (yes I like Velma), and Sherb
Gorilla: Nintendo really does the gorillas dirty. Violet is the winner here, because she has a nice color palette.
Hamster: Hamlet. Honorable mention to Soleil.
Hippo: Bertha. Honorable mention to Biff after they changed his coloring to red.
Horse: Annalise. Honorable mentions to Cleo, Papi, and Julian.
Kangaroo: I guess Marcie or Mathilda, though none of them rank super highly.
Koala: My favorite would actually be my ACGC islander, Faith, but she has yet to return. Honorable mentions to Alice, Melba, Ozzie, and Gonzo. However, I do like them all (except Canberra).
Lion: Elvis.
Monkey: Nana. Honorable mentions to Shari and Champ
Mouse: Dora. Honorable mentions to Broccolo, Bettina, and Bree.
Octopus: Octavian.
Ostrich: Blanche. Honorable mentions to Julia, Flora, Phoebe, Cranston, Gladys, and Sprocket. The ostriches are my favorite species overall.
Penguin: Cube. Honorable mentions to Sprinkle, Aurora, Roald, Puck, and Wade
Pig: Maggie. Honorable mentions to Gala, Agnes, and Hugh
Rabbit: Bunnie. Honorable mentions to Pippy, O'Hare, Carmen and Dotty
Rhino: Merengue. Honorable mentions to Hornsby. Bonus shoutout to Petunia from Animal Forest e+, who I hope returns someday.
Sheep: Stella. Honorable mentions to Eunice and Willow
Squirrel: Blaire. Honorable mentions to Sylvana, Filbert, Poppy, and Mint
Tiger: Bianca. Honorable mentions to Tybalt and Bangle
Wolf: Skye. Honorable mentions to Kyle, Audie, Dobie, and Vivian

What about you guys?

Alligator: Alfonso
Anteater: Anabelle
Bear: Pinky
Bird: Midge
Bull: Angus
Cat: Olivia
Chicken: Ava
Cow: Patty
Cub: Cheri
Deer: Deirdre
Dog: Daisy
Duck: Molly
Eagle: Apollo
Elephant: Ellie
Frog: Lily
Goat: Pashmina
Gorilla: Peewee
Hamster: Flurry
Hippo: Biff
Horse: Savannah
Kangaroo: Carrie
Koala: Melba
Lion: Rex
Monkey: Shari
Mouse: Bree
Octopus: Marina
Ostrich: Blanche
Penguin: Sprinkle
Pig: Agnes
Rabbit: Coco
Rhino: Merengue
Sheep: Etoile
Squirrel: Poppy
Tiger: Bangle
Wolf: Audie

Alligator: Sly
Bird: Robin
Bull: Rodeo
Cat:Mitzi
Chicken: Plucky
Cow: Naomi
Cub: Maple
Deer: Fauna
Dog:Shep
Eagle: Avery
Elephant: Tia
Gorilla: Boone
Hamster: Clay
Hippo: Bertha
Horse: Colton
Kangaroo: Kitt
Koala: Alice
Lion: Elvis
Monkey: Simon
Mouse: Penelope
Octopus: Zucker
Pig: Peggy
Rabbit: Ruby
Sheep: Vesta
Squirrel: Marshal
Tiger: Leonardo
Wolf: Wolfgang

This took a while...

Alligator: Gayle
Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Megan
Bird: Piper
Bull: Vic
Cat: Ankha
Chicken: Becky
Cow: Norma
Cub: Stitches
Deer: Diana
Dog: Goldie
Eagle: Celia
Goat: Sherb
Gorilla: Louie
Hamster: Hamlet
Horse: Reneigh
Lion: Rex
Ostrich: Julia
Penguin: Roald
Pig: Lucy
Rabbit: Bunnie
Sheep: Willow
Tiger: Bianca
Wolf: Whitney

this is cute i never thought about my favorite in each species before! i'll give it a shot :eek:

Alligator: gayle!
Anteater: Annalisa
Bear: Teddy <3 also love groucho, grizzly & pinky
Bird: twiggy
Bull: Stu
Cat: lolly, also bob, rosie, & kiki
Chicken: benedict
Cub: this is hard asf UHHHH Stitches! also LOVE SO MUCH Pudge, Chester, Maple, & bluebear
Deer: Zell
Dog: Lucky! shout out to biskit, bea, portia, marcel, & walker (i swear im a cat person)
Duck: molly
Elephant: Ellie! also Dizzy & Tia
Frog: Ribbot or Raddle
Gorilla: Cesar (i dont like them either but he looks best)
Horse: Peaches <3 shout out to Clyde
Kangaroo: Marcie & Kitt
Lion: Bud (cause lmao)
Monkey: Nana! shout out to champ hes so cute
Mouse: Dora & Chadder
Ostrich: Sprocket !
Penguin: Cube
Pig: Gala
Rhino: Hornsby
Sheep: Dom & Vesta
Squirrel: Poppy! also really love peanut, mint, filbert & marshal
Wolf: Lobo or Dobie

Alligator: Alfonso
Anteater: Lulu
Bear: Teddy
Bird: Jacques
Cat: Raymond
Chicken: none Benedict
Cub: Marty
Deer: Beau
Dog: Butch
Frog: Cousteau
Goat: Sven
Hippo: none Bubbles (because I've seen her 19 times so far in New Horizons and I feel like we're pretend best friends even though I've never invited her)
Horse: Savannah
Kangaroo: Walt
Koala: Gonzo
Lion: Leopold
Monkey: Simon
Mouse: Penny
Ostrich: Phoebe
Penguin: Roald
Pig: Pancetti
Rabbit: Genji
Sheel: Étoile
Tiger: Rolf
Wolf: Audie

Alligator: Del. Honorable Mentions to: Alfonso and Gayle. (Rip Pirokon)
Anteater: Cyrano. Honorable Mentions to: Antonio, Anabelle and Annalisa. (Rip Nosegay)
Bear: Pinky. Honorable Mentions to: Curt, Groucho, Tutu, Teddy and Ike.
Bird: Jacques. Honorable Mentions to: Midge, Piper, Robin, Jay and Sparro. (Rip Otis, Flash, Ace, Madame Rosa and Joe)
Bull: Stu. Honorable Mentions to: Rodeo.
Cat: Mitzi. Honorable Mentions to: Punchy, Rosie, Olivia, Tom, Tangy and Raymond. (Rip Pierre)
Chicken: Ken. Honorable Mentions to: Knox and Plucky. (Rip Leigh and Rhoda)
Cow: Patty. (Rip Bessie and Belle)
Cub: Bluebear. Honorable Mentions to: Pekoe, Poncho, Kody and Olive. (Rip Aisle, Poko and probably Marty, which might also be gone)
Deer: Bam. Honorable Mentions to: Pretty much every other Deer, except Deirdre.
Dog: Cherry. Honorable Mentions to: every other Dog. (Rip Champagne, Masa and Megumi)
Duck: Drake. Honorable Mentions to: Scoot, Molly, Bill. (Rip Fruity)
Eagle: Apollo. Honorable Mentions to: Every other Eagle. (Rip Quetzal)
Elephant: Cyd. Honorable Mentions to: Margie and Tucker.
Frog: Jeremiah. Honorable Mentions to: Drift, Puddles, Camofrog, Ribbot, Lily, Raddle and Tad.
Goat: Kidd. Honorable Mentions to: Sherb, Pashmina, Chevre and Nan. (Rip Sven and Iggy)
Gorilla: Hans. Honorable Mentions to: Pewee, Louie and Boone.
Hamster: Hamlet. Honorable Mentions to: Flurry, Hamphrey, Clay and Soleil. (Rip Holden)
Hippo: Biff. (Rip Rollo)
Horse: Roscoe. Honorable Mentions to: Savannah, Colton, Elmer, Reneigh, Papi.
Kangaroo: Rooney. Honorable Mentions to: Walt and Mathilda.
Koala: Yuka. Honorable Mentions to: Sydney, Eugene, Gonzo, Lyman, Melba and Ozzie. (Rip Faith)
Lion: Lionel. Honorable Mentions to: Leopold, Leonardo and Bud. (Rip Aziz and Jubei)
Monkey: Monty. Honorable Mentions to: Nana, Deli and Simon. (Rip Champ)
Mouse: Rod. Honorable Mentions to: Bree, Chadder, Dora, Samson and Rizzo. (Rip Carmen, Flossie and Penny)
Octopus: Marina. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest.
Ostrich: Flora. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest. (Rip Rio)
Penguin: Sprinkle. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest. (Rip Analogue)
Pig: Agnes. Honorable Mentions to: Gala, Hugh, Boris, Kevin. (Rip Hambo, Pigleg and Sue E.)
Rabbit: Dotty. Honorable Mentions to: Bunny, O‘Hare, Ruby, Genji, Snake, Claude and Gaston.
Rhino: Merengue. Honorable Mentions to: Hornsby, Tank and Spike. (Rip Petunia)
Sheep: Willow. Honorable Mentions to: Pietro, Muffy, Eunice, Vesta. (Rip Woolio)
Squirrel: Static. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest. (Rip Kit)
Tiger: Rolf. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest.
Wolf: Wolfgang. Honorable Mentions to: The Rest. (Rip Tarou)

Highlighted means Favorite.
The Rest means every other villager of this species is fine. Otherwise I might mention it.
Rip is pretty much every old GameCube Villager or Sanrio Villager I would not mind if they would be brought back. I know that most of those were Jocks, but they had great designs. Also some Villagers would fill up the missing Personality’s of some Species.

And I know the GameCube Frogs (Sunny and Emerald) had cute Designs, but those are just too boring for me to care. They are just simple Green Frogs.

Last edited:
wow okay hold on gotta do research

I genuinely applaud anyone who actually reads this whole thing. However, if you do, I promise you will not regret it

Alligator: Drago. Come on, he's a dragon. Honorable mention goes to Alli for being one extra letter away from my name
Anteater: Antonio, he's so basic that he's cute. Honorable mention goes to Olaf for looking like he could sue me for all my assets at any time for any reason
Bear: Curt. Who hurt him? Honorable mention goes to Teddy for being an actual teddy bear.
Bird: Piper. Honorable mention to Jay and Midge for being great in past towns.
Bull: Angus for being a whole pun. No honorable mentions.
Cat: Are you going to make me choose? Really? Fine. Tom. I love him with all of my heart. However, some honorable mentions are Bob for basically being me, Tangy for dealing with me in CF, and Felyne for just kinda existing
Chicken: Goose. Need I say more? Honorable mention to Egbert bc he gets bullied a lot and doesn't deserve it
Cow: Belle for being the only good looking cow. No honorable mentions
Cub: Vladimir, I just, he's just, so ironic. Honorable mention goes to Barold because he gets hate on a lot but I think he's just so ugly he's cute. I guess that's what growing up with a pug will make you think.
Deer: I've accidentally fallen in love with Fauna. Honorable mention goes to Erik for originally being my fave deer.
Dog: Cookie for being the first character my child self fell in love with. Found her in GC, had and cried when I lost her in CF, forced her in NL, and finally forced her in NH. She makes me feel nostalgic. Honorable mention goes to Lucky because how can you not like him
Duck: Bill, he's perfect. Honorable mentions go to Ketchup for recently making me love her design and Pompom for being one of my best friends in CF.
Eagle: Pierce. He's perfect. My ultimate favorite character. No one can top him. I love him. Honorable mention to Apollo I guess, just because he's a bald eagle who's birthday is July 4th
Elephant: Tucker, he's PREHISTORIC for gods sake. Honorable mention to Paolo for being so confident in himself.
Frog: Prince. He looks so stupid and I had him in my CF (it might've been WW too) town. Honorable mentions are landed on Henry, Raddle, and Tad. Don't ask.
Goat: Sven for looking like he's trying so desperately to find love again, he needs to be brought back. Honorable mention goes to Iggy for also needing to be brought back
Gorilla: Cesar just for looking so stupid in the best way. No honorable mention
Hamster: Flurry because she reminds me of my winter whites :/ honorable mention to Clay, no explanation needed
Hippo: Biff for always being two words away from beating someone up. No honorable mentions.
Horse: Julian; c'mon he's a unicorn. Honorable mentions go to Roscoe cause he's an eboy and Savannah for being my next door neighbor in CF and just vibing with me
Kangaroo: Kitt because I too have bags the size of baseballs. Honorable mention goes to Mathilda for being so dang angry, her child is becoming a Karen
Koala: Eugene for being the coolest kid on the block. Honorable mention goes to Gonzo for being so angry all the time
Lion: Elvis, he's a KING. Bow down to the king. Honorable mention goes to Lionel for looking like one of Elvis' butlers.
Monkey: Deli, he looks like a fun dude. No honorable mentions.
Mouse: Chadder. Idk why. Honorable mentions go to Bree for being cute and Bella for being an egirl before it was cool
Octopus: Octavian because I feel like I can relate to him on so many levels. Honorable mention goes to Marina because she had a house on the beach in CF and it was the cutest thing ever
Ostrich: Cranston, he was one of my starting villagers in NL. Honorable mention goes to Sprocket for being a better version of Ribbot.
Penguin: Roald, he looks like he's got two brain cells bouncing around in his head like the windows thing. Honorable mention to Aurora for looking like she's got about 5 brain cells
Pig: Rasher. He deserves more love. Honorable mention to Lucy for having the cutest house in NH
Rabbit: O'Hare, he's ~foreign~ ;) honorable mentions go to Coco (for every reason in the world) and Gaston (who looks like a dad who had one too many drinks)
Rhino: Hornsby... he looks so soft. Honorable mention goes to Spike for being scary but also golden??
Sheep: Again, please don't make me choose. They're all perfect. Well, it's Dom now for a plethora of reasons. But honorable mentions reside with Muffy, Curlos, and Willow because they are all perfect
Squirrel: Static. He holds such a special place in my heart. Honorable mention goes to Agent S for also being in my heart
Tiger: Rolf. Him and Rowan (honorable mention) have snuck themselves in both GC and WW, and Rolf even was in CF too.
Wolf: Oh god please don't make me choose. Ugh. Well, Dobie. I got his amiibo and fell in love instantly. Honorable mentions go to Whitney for being perfect, Vivian for taking Whitney's place in my NL town when I accidentally lost her, and Chief because just look at him

Alligator: I don’t really like any of them, but Alfonso is pretty cool.
Anteater: This species is so forgettable that I forgot to include them at first. None are appealing, but Annalisa is okay.
Bird: Midge
Bull: Rodeo. He’s not the greatest looking, but he was one of my first ever villagers so we have some history.
Cat: Raymond. Yeah, I’m basic. I love smug villagers and he has the exact same heterochromia in the exact order as my best friend IRL, so he’s pretty special.
Chicken: Plucky looks so cool and unique!
Cow: I don’t like any of them, but Norma is probably the most tolerable for me.
Cub: Maple looks like an absolute sweetheart.
Deer: Erik! Cutest villager ever!
Dog: Goldie will forever hold a special place in my heart. My first moveaway from my first AC game, it tore me to pieces because I loved her so much. Over 10 years later, she’s still special.
Duck: Molly is adorable.
Elephant: Ellie looks so sweet!
Goat: Sherb is so cute!
Gorilla: My least favorite species. But I guess I’ll have to go with Hans because of his unique colors and yeti design.
Hamster: Flurry is so cute, I just wanna pinch her little cheeks!
Horse: Julian, he’s a beautiful unicorn!
Kangaroo: Marcie
Koala: Ozzie is a cutie pie.
Lion: Not a fan of any, but Leopold looks the nicest.
Mouse: Chadder
Octopus: Zucker, his freckled little face and eyes are adorable, and his theme is unique.
Ostrich: Julia is the prettiest imo.
Penguin: Aurora, I love her cute baby penguin colors.
Pig: Agnes looks pretty cool.
Rabbit: Don’t like the rabbits. But Coco is the most interesting and unique, I wouldn’t mind if she moved in.
Rhino: I don’t like any of them, but Merengue is the easiest to look at.
Sheep: Pietro, my favorite villager of all time!
Squirrel: Marshal (yes I know this is a basic answer but he’s just so cute to me!)
Tiger: Bianca, I like how she’s based off of a snow leopard.
Wolf: Skye, even though Dobie is a dreamie while she’s not (didn’t have enough room for another normal, and I needed a cranky :( )

Last edited:
Anteater: Pango
Bird: okay I had to google cause I couldn't remember any. Midge
Cat: Ankha at the moment. I would say Kiki but I don't really like her look in NH.
Cow: I got Norma early on in NH and she is so cute
Cub: Maple
Dog: Lucky
Eagle: Apollo and Celia
Goat: I actually like most of the goats... Sherb, Chevre, Nan
Gorilla: Another species I had to google, Boone
Hippo: seriously none... I'm sorry
Horse: Julian but he doesn't really count
Koala: Melba!
Mouse: another hard one. Maybe Broccolo
Octopus: Marina.
Penguin: Gwen - I had her in WW
Rabbit: Bunnie. Honorable mentions to Pippy, O'Hare, Carmen and Dotty
Rhino: Merengue, but Hornsby is pretty cute too.
Sheep: Dom is so cute! I also love Stella and Vesta
Squirrel: Poppy
Wolf: this is a hard one, I love a lot of them. At the moment, it's Audie! Pre-NH it would have been Wolfgang

Alligator: Sly
Anteater: Olaf
Bird: Ace!! Cannot believe they didn't bring him back! He has such a gorgeous color.
Cat: Mitzi
Chicken: Rhoda
Cow: Bessie
Cub: Tammy. Honorable mentions are Vladimir (A cranky pink little cub with a buck tooth? What's better than that?) and Pudge because look at how goofy his face is lmao
Deer: Bam
Dog: Butch. Honorable mentions are Bones & Goldie, they were the first two dogs I ever met.
Duck: Deena. Something about her face looks really derpy to me and I love it.
Elephant: I never really liked the elephants tbh, but Cyd has such a cool design. I'd LOVE to have him in my town!
Frog: Puddles
Goat: Never cared for the goats either. Now that I think about it, I've never even had one in any of my AC towns ever. But I like Pashmina's design the most, especially because of the blue horns.
Gorilla: Rocket!!! Honorable mention to Hans, Cesar and Louie.
Hippo: Biff
Horse: Annalise
Kangaroo: Mathilda
Koala: Eugene
Lion: Aziz. He has a blue mane and that's just dope.
Monkey: Deli
Mouse: Samson
Octopus: Octavian
Pig: Truffles
Rabbit: Gaston
Rhino: Spike
Sheep: Woolio
Squirrel: Ricky
Wolf: Wolfgang

Anteater: Annalisa
Bear: Megan
Bird: Jacques
Cat: Kabuki / Raymond / Lolly / Punchy. Too many, can't decide!
Chicken: Ken
Deer: Diana
Dog: Lucky
Eagle: Keaton
Gorilla: Hans
Hippo: I don't like anyone. I guess Bitty would be the best.
Horse: Julian
Koala: Yuka
Lion: Lionel
Mouse: Chadder
Pig: Agnes
Sheep: Muffy
Wolf: Fang

Alligator: Drago
Bear: Paula
Bird: Jacob
Cat: Moe
Cub: Murphy
Deer: Beau
Dog: Daisy
Duck: Drake
Elephant: Paolo
Frog: Jeremiah
Hamster: Hamphrey
Hippo: Bubbles
Kangaroo: Marcie
Koala: Ozzie
Monkey: Nana
Mouse: Bettina
Penguin: Wade
Pig: Pancetti
Sheep: Wendy
Squirrel: Static
Tiger: Tybalt
Wolf: Whitney

Alligator | Drago • I really love the Chinese Dragon design basis, super unique, had him on my island for a bit

Anteater | Antonio • He is my favourite anteater and one of my top 2 favourite villagers of all time, I genuinely love all the anteaters as I think they all look adorable. It makes me sad that they're forgotten or called ugly.

Bear | Teddy • He's just a big teddy bear and to be honest the rest of the bears are fairly unappealing, although, Tutu is cute too.

Bird | Sparro • Sparro is pretty cute. I feel like his design is humble and he's the type of villager that blends in with foresty towns with copious amounts of cedar trees, I really like his brown plumage.

Bull | Verdun • The fact that my favourite bull is a bull that appeared in one game and hasn't appeared since, a game that I haven't even played due to it being Japan exclusive, says a lot about my perspective on bulls; they are lame.

Cat | Raymond • Raymond is fantastic. His heterochromia, a beautiful eye condition, his monochrome fur and his adorable glasses + his business attire and home make for a great villager. He is also the first cat villager I have had that is fully intended to be a permanent staple on my island. He's also the first and only smug cat, which is so fitting.

Chicken | Broffina • I think Broffina is actually pretty chic and cool tbh. She has a nice an autumn vibe because of her shade of brown. Although I must say thst chickens are unpopular for a reason.

Cub | June • I love her vibe and hibiscus, hehe. I don't really care for the cubs, generally.

Cow | Tipper • She's a meme between my uncle and I who grew up playing Animal Crossing, she is an AC Goddess.

Deer | Deirdre & Diana • My first tie, Deirdre and Diana are both great; I have both in my current New Horizons island. Diana was a staple member of my older New Leaf days whereas Deirdre was a staple of my more recent New Leaf days. Both are iconic to me but recently, as petty as it may sound, Deirdre is annoying me because she has constantly asked to move but now that I want her to leave she hasn't asked a single time.

Dog | Goldie • I think she is one of the few valid dogs, dogs are generally unappealing and boring but she is so sweet in demeanor and design. I have a soft spot for her.

Duck | Molly & Ketchup • Another tie, these two duckies are super special hehe. I'm not gonna explain really but they capture a lot of warm feelings whenever I looking at them, they deserve their popularity!

Eagle | Pierce • I have a lot of memories from this guy, he was always super cool in City Folk...he was definitely my BFF during those days and he is super special for nostalgic reasoning. Apollo is also amazing!

Elephant | Tia & Tucker • Tia's teacup aesthetic is absolutely amazing, in New Horizons her texture is quite slick to reflect that she is an antique tea cup/kettle elephant haha; fantastic design choice. Tucker is unique as he is the only elephant with tusks AND he is a mammoth, an extent species...I don't understand why he lacks popularity but he is surely amazing.

Frog | Lily • Lily was cherished in my Wild World town and I decided it should be time to have her in my company again, so she's on my New Horizons island and she is absolutely beautiful. The new quality has treated her well!

Goat | Nan • Nan was the only valid goat until Sherb came along.

Gorilla | Louie • The only valid gorilla because he's based on Donkey Kong. Gorillas are abominable.

Hamster | Flurry • Snowball hamster, I need not to say anymore.

Hippo | Biff • He got a massive design buff with New Horizons he went from a sickly brown to a nicer reddish colour, it paid off. Bertha is also pretty nice. These two are the only good hippo villagers and it pains me to say that the rest are poorly designed because hippos are such fantastic animals, I really love them.

Horse | Annalise, Papi & Reneigh • Annalise and Reneigh somewhat resemble eachother, it feels like Annalise is the elder Reneigh that has mellowed down from her youthful years and is now a flowy magnolia. Reneigh is just amazingly designed (apparently she has a bit in common with Rihanna?), I plan to invite her to my island at some point! Papi is based on an okapi, okapis bring some of my favourite animals; his little cartoony eyes are to die for haha.

Kangaroo | Kitt • Kangaroos are generally easily forgotten, which is a shame, but they all have this feeling of wholesomeness due to their motherly features (minus Walt and Rooney, who are cool btw). I feel Kitt brings this vibe to 100 and she feels super sweet; no unnecessary colours or hair, just minimalistic and humble. I like that in villagers.

Koala | Melba • Her face. That is all.

Lion | Lionel • He is the only one that doesn't annoy me with his face. He seems like a wise fella. I like him.

Monkey | Champ • He's minimalistic and the rest of them are just horrendous. Shari is kinda alright though.

Mouse | Rod • The only good one. Good for you Rod.

Octopus | Zucker & Marina • Zucker was a prominent fixture through the New Leaf era, I adored him and he adored me, we were always besties within weeks of him moving into my towns haha. I had him for a bit in New Horizons but I eventually decided that I wanted to try Marina out, I don't have two of the same species in one island so naturally I let Zucker go. Marina has quickly became a firm favourite, she's adorable and her expressions are hilarious, she is also the main singer of the island as she stands and sings for hours straight; the current record is 5 hours. yep....5 hours.

Ostrich | Flora • Flora is really important to me. When I was a child I was always thinking about having a flamingo as a villager because flamingoes were a childhood obsession that became a staple in my life (even now tbh), I'm absolutely fascinated by their flamboyance and anatomy. So, when 2013 came and I encountered Flora online...the game was on to acquire that fine bird and she quickly begun being a permanent fixture on any New Leaf town. And now the same applies to New Horizons. She is one of my top two favourite villagers (Antonio being the other as previously mentioned). Julia is also a firm favourite, she is second to Flora when it comes to ostriches. The ostriches are quite diverse in their design and I love vast majority of them.

Penguin | Aurora • Noot Noot....that is all.

Pig | Gala • Only valid pig.

Rabbit | Ruby • Moon bunny, one of my favourite villagers! Albinism in animals has always fascinated me. I always think of the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland when I see Ruby, then I think about the song White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane which is one of my favourite songs of all time. Ruby is iconic in essence.

Rhino | Rhonda • Rhonda's eyes are absolutely beautiful, it's a strange reason to like a villager but her eyes are simply lovely, especially in New Horizons. Wish there were more rhinos in NH.

Sheep | Vesta • She's cartoony and her horns resemble candy corn. I need no other reasons.

Tiger | Bianca • The rest kind of suck and I hate the redness around Rolf's eyes, I would like him if his eyes weren't surrounded by red pain.

Wolf | Dobie • He is everything a cranky villager should be and his elderly appearance and house (at least in New Leaf) allude to the Red Riding hood wolf in several ways to me. He's perfect.

I’m gonna do Top 3!

Alligator - 1. Alfonso 2. Del 3. Alli

Anteater - 1. Cyrano 2. Pango 3. Antonio

Bear - 1. Pinky 2. Tutu 3. Grizzly

Bird - 1. Piper 2. Robin 3. Midge

Bull - 1. Stu 2. Rodeo 3. Angus

Cat - 1. Punchy 2. Rosie 3. Kiki

Chicken - 1. Broffina 2. Plucky 3. Egbert

Cow - 1. Patty 2. Norma 3. Tipper

Cub - 1. Maple 2. Poncho 3. Bluebear

Deer - 1. Beau 2. Bam 3. Fauna

Dog - 1. Goldie 2. Cookie 3. Portia

Duck - 1. Molly 2. Pate 3. Deena

Eagle - 1. Pierce 2. Amelia 3. Apollo

Elephant - 1. Eloise 2. Margie 3. Opal

Frog - 1. Henry 2. Lily 3. Puddles

Goat - 1. Chèvre 2. Nan 3. Pashmina

Gorilla - 1. Violet 2. Boone 3. Peewee

Hamster - 1. Apple 2. Flurry 3. Hamphrey

Hippo - 1. Rocco 2. Bertha 3. Bubbles

Horse - 1. Savannah 2. Roscoe 3. Winnie

Kangaroo - 1. Mathilda 2. Sylvia 3. Carrie

Koala - 1. Melba 2. Alice 3. Yuka

Lion - 1. Lionel 2. Elvis 3. Rex

Mouse - 1. Brie 2. Dora 3. Penelope

Monkey - 1. Flip 2. Shari 3. Deli

Octopus - 1. Marina 2. Octavian 3. Zucker

Ostrich - 1. Gladys 2. Sandy 3. Julia

Penguin - 1. Aurora 2. Flo 3. Hopper

Pig - 1. Agnes 2. Gala 3. Maggie

Rabbit 1. Pippy 2. Dotty 3. Coco

Rhino - 1. Renée 2. Hornsby 3. Rhonda

Sheep - 1. Wendy 2. Eunice 3. Timbra

Squirrel - 1. Sally 2. Mint 3. Peanut

Tiger - 1. Rolf 2. Claudia 3. Bianca

Wolf - 1. Lobo 2. Freya 3. Whitney

Bird: Twiggy
Cat: Kitty
Chicken: Egbert
Cub: Pudge
Dog: Budge
Eagle: Frank
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Diva
Goat: Billy (but look at Nan Sherb!!)
Hippo: Bubbles
Horse: Reneigh (but also Cleo, Elmer, Julian and Winnie!!)
Koala: Gonzo
Monkey: Flip
Mouse: Dora
Octopus: Octavian.
Ostrich: Julia (but also Blanche and Cranston)
Penguin: Wade
Pig: Ganon
Rhino: Spike or Tank
Sheep: Baabara
Squirrel: Poppy (but like also Marshal, Pecan, Sally, Tasha and Static)
Tiger: Tybalt (as well as Rolf and Bangle)
Wolf: Dobie (+Audie, Fang, Chief, Lobo, Freya, Vivian, Whitney, Wolf Link, just ALL of them!!)

How can they do Gorillas so dirty and like all wolves, horses or ostriches are so cute?

Alligator: Boots Honourable mention to Gayle.
Bear: Megan! Honorable mention: Grizzly and Tutu
Cat:Toss up between Raymond and Kiki Honourable mentions to Merry, Mitzi, Rudy, Tabby
Chicken: Plucky
Cow: Tipper
Cub: Judy and Bluebear Honorable mentions to Chester, Pudge, Cheri
Deer: Lopez
Dog: Mac
Duck: Pate. Honorable mentions: Bill, Scoot, Mallary
Eagle: Keaton
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Puddles. Honourable mentions: Prince, ribbot
Gorilla: Peewee
Hamster: Hamphrey
Hippo: Bertha.
Kangaroo: Astrid
Lion: Elvis.
Mouse: Dora
Ostrich: Blanche.
Penguin: Hopper and Wade
Pig: Agnes Honorable mention to Maggie
Rabbit: Carmen Honorable mentions to O'Hare, Ruby
Sheep: Stella.
Squirrel: Hazel
Wolf: Skye.

Anteater: Antonio
Bird: Medli (Sparro if amiibo don't count)
Cat: Ankha
Chicken: Ken
Cow: Patty
Cub: June
Deer: Lopez
Dog: Cherry
Duck: Mallary
Eagle: Amelia
Elephant: Cyd
Frog: Jeremiah
Gorilla: Hans (the only one I like)
Hamster: Soleil
Hippo: none, sorry
Horse: Roscoe
Koala: Alice
Monkey: Tammi
Ostrich: Phil
Penguin: Friga
Rabbit: DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE (Bunnie, Coco, Genji, Chrissy, Francine, Gaston, Ruby, Snake...)
Sheep: Woolio Vesta
Squirrel: Static
Wolf: Skye

Anteater: I don't really like any of them, but Antonio is the best imo
Bear: Curt
Bird: Admiral
Cat: Bob and Ankha basically a tie.
Chicken: Knox
Cow: Tipper
Cub: Judy - Honorable mentions are Stitches and Cheri
Deer: Fauna - One of the hardest as I like all of them. Bruce, Bam, Lopez, Erik and Beau are all great.
Dog: Bones and Lucky. I had both in the original AC, and in every game since.
Duck: Pate
Elephant: Dizzy
Frog: Ribbot
Hamster: Graham
Hippo: Rocco
Horse: Julian
Kangaroo: Walt
Koala: Canberra
Lion: Bud
Mouse: Samson
Penguin: Aurora and Roald
Pig: I guess Hugh
Sheep: Dom
Squirrel: Poppy and Marshal
Wolf: Whitney and Wolfgang. I basically like all of the Wolf villagers though.

Anteater: Annalisa! Honorable mention: Olaf since he has the cutest tail.
Bear: Groucho
Cat: Olivia! Most cats are cute, though.
Chicken: Becky
Cow: Naomi?
Deer: Fuchsia
Dog: Cherry!
Duck: Miranda. Honorable mention: Pate
Eagle: -
Frog: Lily or Prince
Goat: Chevre
Gorilla: -
Hamster: Apple