• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ever played Neopets?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
Calling all millenials!!

When Neopets came out in 1999, I was automatically in love! As an animal and Pokemon lover, it was right up my alley! I was 6, so an older cousin had to show me the website and how to navigate it, but those are some of my fondest early memories!!

As the years went on, I continued to play well into my High School days, not caring that it was considered a "kids" game. It was nostalgic and comforting. It also ALWAYS MADE ME HUNGRY!! There is so much food in Neopets that all looks so good :ROFLMAO:

What about you? Have you ever played Neopets? Do you have any memories surrounding it? Also, which one is your favourite? I've always loved Wockies as they closely resemble cats :)

I got into Neopets in 2004 after I got some plushies from McDonald's.
It ended up being a huge part of my childhood.
My favorite pet is the Aisha, specifically Baby Aisha. I also really liked Kacheeks and Wockys.
Now that I am older, I am starting to really like Acaras and Korbats too.
I still collect the merchandise (mostly plushies) whenever I come across it at places like thrift stores.

i have... a lot! :D granted, i've had a really long break in between...

i have a lovely yellow female kacheek, named evelyn ^^

i don't remember what year it was, but it was on 21st December that i first started :3

edit at 8:10 pm: it was 2018 i first started 🤗

Last edited:
I played one that my cousin had during a really long vacation drive many years ago. I don't remember much, except it did help pass the time.

Heck yeah!!

I adored Neopets back in 2005. I never spent real money on it or anything but I definitely spent way too much time buying things with in game currency, playing the minigames, and coding my userlookup.

What were your guys' fav minigames?

I loved Petpetsitter, Hasee Bounce, Hannah and the Pirate Caves, Toybox Escape, Ice Cream Machine, and Hubrid's Hero Heist.

I never have but I had a Bruce plushie (I think my kindergarten teacher gave it to me) and it had a code or something but I never got around to using it. Some of the pets are cute though and I especially love the food designs!

Heck yeah!!

I adored Neopets back in 2005. I never spent real money on it or anything but I definitely spent way too much time buying things with in game currency, playing the minigames, and coding my userlookup.

What were your guys' fav minigames?

I loved Petpetsitter, Hasee Bounce, Hannah and the Pirate Caves, Toybox Escape, Ice Cream Machine, and Hubrid's Hero Heist.
Hasee Bounce was so addicting to me! Haha!

I was a huge Neopets kid for sure! I started playing in 2003, I was 9 then. I was introduced to Neopets from a friend who was introduced to the game by an older sibling. I don't know if I would have gotten in to the game without them to help me because the amount of stuff there is kind of overwhelming! Obviously I loved the pets, worlds, and flash games but it was also my first introduction to forums! I remember at the time my mom had to send in a parental consent form via fax so that I could use the forum part of the site since I was just a kiddo. I also had a lot of Neopets merch, plush, issues of the Neopets magazine, etc.

When I first started playing I was mostly in to the mini games. But then I went through secondary Neopets phases in high school and college where I got more serious about getting "good pets", building a gallery, and avatar/trophy collection. Eventually I just sort of naturally drifted away from the site and now everything is sort of gross and unrecognizeable so I don't go there. Also UC pets are back? Wild.

My favourite species as a whole are Usuls but I have a lot of other favourite pet colour/species combos that I really love. My favourite flash games were Ice Cream Machine, Kou-Jong, Meerca Chase, and Turmac Roll.

Typing all this out made me really miss those simpler times. 💔

Yes. I still occasionally check on the pets that I have but mostly visit daily only during December for the Advent Calendar and to get free stuff from the Snowager without any danger since it is hibernating then.

not really, no, my siblings did. i play flight rising now which is like neopets with dragons, i think.

I played Neopets in the very early days of the site. Say, 1998-ish? But I fell off around 2004. Basically, around the same time it dawned on me that I could use this internet thing to explore other hobbies and interests.

And my life was ruined ever since.

Yes I loved playing Neopets….. I had made so many accounts over the years and I remembered all the passwords so I would have so many to take care of.

My favourite part of it was the auctions haha I don’t know why but I found it so much fun bidding on items haha.

I remember playing with my friend around probably 2003-2004? He had a whole arsenal of pets and I was amazed. I played regularly for a couple of years, mostly just to master minigames and dote on my single idolized Neopet:

1709852041875.png

I like long-nosed animals and this guy fit the bill. Although I remember being stressed that sometimes you'd change location and a completely random thing would happen.

A few years ago I fell down an internet rabbit hole and ended up watching a YouTube documentary about the collapse of the Neopets economy. Fascinating stuff.

I have. I remember really enjoying it, but I did prefer Webkinz. My friend got into my account and changed the password, though. I was very upset.

I tried playing it more than a few times as a little kid, but I could nyever get into it the way I did with games like Animal Jam and MovieStarPlanet.
Maybe it just felt too old for me. Idk.

i loved neopets! my babysitter made an account for me when i was younger and i was hooked instantly. unfortunately for me, i forgot the login details and by the time i managed to get back into it, it wasn't as fun for me anymore (because i found fantage hehehe).

my favourite pets are the usul and kacheek :D i had both when i was younger.
1709856271102.png
1709856289001.png

No, I was never into NeoPets, which is strange because I am into Pokemon and monster collecting.

Back