• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dream Suite Useless?

Divo

The Charming Magician
Bells
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the Dream Suite is a little pointless? I mean, it has some neat functions. Free 5,000 bells a day, and getting to visit towns without actually affecting them is really nice. Also, the ability to gain patterns from them if they allow it. But...that really seems to be the extent of it's worthwhileness. Nothing that makes it really valuable in my eyes. I don't really see the appeal in wandering around in a foreign town, where there's no one to talk to, and you can't take anything back with you (aside from patterns).

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe I'm expecting too much of it. It's a neat idea, to be sure, but having messed around with it, it just feels, as a matter of practicality, useless.

It would be nice if people could leave me feedback when they visit my town. I hate knowing that someone could have loved or hated my town, and they would never be able to contact me, even if they wanted to.

town inspiration?...

This

Not to mention people spend a lot of time creating towns with stories that you follow along as you go. It is a great way to get tips and ideas for your town and to have a fun.

I think the dream suite is a great feature!
I love to get inspiration from other towns and take a look around.
Sadly the dream suit doesn't work... I can't choose a random dream what makes me really angry <.<

I love that you can visit other people's town without having to add their FCs and such. So much more freedom.
And visiting towns for inspiration, too. It's one of the main things I wanted.

I think the Dream Suite is one of the best features in the game.

If you like collecting badges, there's 3 that relate to the Dream Suite. But yeah, that, patterns, and just inspiration for decorating your house and town is all you can really do with it.

I wish there were other things you could do: such as collect fruit/bugs/fish and actually be able to bring them back without it affecting the town. Or say if they had an animal moving, be able to convince them to move into your town etc. I just wish it had a bit more to it.

Free 5,000 bells a day.
How do you get this free 5.000 Bells per day?
That is 155,000 Bells extra per month on top of my possible 99,999 Bells per month interest.

I put the word possible in bold as it is not confirmed...

Well, even though the Dream Suite project has just been approved in my town, of course I couldn't help but inform myself about what to expect from that game in the future. So, in theory, I'd love to visit other towns, without having to fear causing trouble, to get some ideas.

Now, I wouldn't go as far as to plainly copy something- or at least, not willingly -but considering the virtually endless possibilities one could form and decorate their town with, I think it perfectly legitimate to go looking for some inspiration.

How do you get this free 5.000 Bells per day?
You can get free 5k bells a day by saving your town on the couch.

I like the idea of the dream suite, there are absolutely amazing towns that must have taken forever to create.
(For example: This dream address, 2600-0218-7298, shows very clear dedication. The owner is Japanese, however, thus you cannot really read anything the characters say. ..If you can only read anything but Japanese, of course.)
Even now while I'm trying to perfect my town, I wouldn't allow just anyone in it.
People can chop down trees, ruin/steal your hybrids, etc.
It's a lot safer to allow people to just see your town via a dream.
Dreams can inspire people and give them patterns like the previous people have said.
A couple features like keeping fish, fruit, bugs, etc. would be nice, but they're not useless in my opinion.
I can see how you would think so, however.​

It has a GREAT purpose for me. I have so much inspiration looking at some of the japanese towns I visited yesterday.
; v ; I HAVE ALL THESE IDEAS IN MY HEAD.

it gives my inspiration, plus it makes it easy for me to share my town for everyone to see and they don't have to have me added to come into my town, plus you can visit anytime you want

I think the dream suite is a great feature!
I love to get inspiration from other towns and take a look around.
Sadly the dream suit doesn't work... I can't choose a random dream what makes me really angry <.<

What I do to see a random town (at least until it is fixed) is to search for a town myself, then choose the region that I want to visit in. For example, if I want to see a dream town from someone in my state of Tennessee, I choose: search myself > search by region > United States > Tennessee. If you don't care where in the United States you are visiting, you can also choose anywhere is good. I am thinking I am going to look in the Japan region next time I am at the dream suite, as they have had the game the longest and have really established their towns.

What I do to see a random town (at least until it is fixed).

Until it's fixed? This is programmed into the game. It's not a glitch and it's not broken?

EDIT: This is really all simple database querying

Until it's fixed? This is programmed into the game. It's not a glitch and it's not broken?

Then why doesn't it work for me either? It *is* broken.

I haven't unlocked it yet (I'll hopefully have it tomorrow though) but it seems to me like something you would use when none of your friends are around to wifi with you....or just to explore somebody elses town on a whim.

Plus as some have mentioned it's a great way to visit the town of somebody who only knows a different language to you. Without the dream suite it would be either impossible or maybe extremely difficult to visit their town.

It's fun to visit other peoples town and get out of your own for a little while especially to get ideas and visit themed towns like Aika village.

I apologize for not being clear...what I meant to say is:

Until Nintendo fixes the problem of searching a random town (the option that asks Luna to choose a town), I use the method I described in my above answer. The problem that many players (including myself) have with choosing a random town is that Luna will dim the lights, but you won't go anywhere and she says that you have an unstable internet connection.

Back