• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Dream Suite Useless?

I got the random town error a couple of times when I first got the dream suite on Friday, but yesterday it worked for me.

I got the random town error a couple of times when I first got the dream suite on Friday, but yesterday it worked for me.

I've yet to successfully enter a random town. It's really disappointing that this wasn't caught/fixed before the game was released.

I haven't unlocked it yet (I'll hopefully have it tomorrow though) but it seems to me like something you would use when none of your friends are around to wifi with you....or just to explore somebody elses town on a whim.

Plus as some have mentioned it's a great way to visit the town of somebody who only knows a different language to you. Without the dream suite it would be either impossible or maybe extremely difficult to visit their town.

You don't just unlock it "a certain day," really. Just go on your file and head to the Town Hall. If Isabelle is sleeping, talk to her, and then you can choose it as a Public Works Project.
I know that you may already know this, and she might not be sleeping on some days; I'm just not sure because when I went on my town Isabelle was sleeping in the Town Hall. If you didn't know, though, I'm glad to help!^^

You don't just unlock it "a certain day," really. Just go on your file and head to the Town Hall. If Isabelle is sleeping, talk to her, and then you can choose it as a Public Works Project.
I know that you may already know this, and she might not be sleeping on some days; I'm just not sure because when I went on my town Isabelle was sleeping in the Town Hall. If you didn't know, though, I'm glad to help!^^

it unlocks after a week of being mayor and having built or having the option of public works. you walk in and shizue will be tired or sleeping.

talk to her and dream suite!

I actually quite like the Dream Suite because it can be very inspiring to see other's towns, especially if they're all prettied up! And, theme towns, such as Aika Villager, which was the first thing I visited. I can see how others would find it useless, you can't see their Re-Tail, or other shops, or the museum, so you can't buy anything. (Or at least I can't, because the Railway crossing arms are always down.)

Actually, I really do wish you could see other's museums in the Dream Suite, because some people might put interesting exhibits in their second floor!

Its not useless but it could of had a little more on to it then what it has now..

I'm having the random dream "unstable internet connection" issue too. Of course, picking one of the Japanese towns listed by region is pretty random for me since I can't read what the names of any of them are. Sure hoping the issue gets patched, though.

No, you can't steal from it. The player could leave presents buried in the ground or in the plaza for dreamers to pick up and play with, but they can't go back to the waking world with any of the items. At most you can take their original patterns from a character named Wendell (who will only be wandering around if he has permission to).

Last edited:
Oh, I love the dream suite. I spent over an hour visiting dreams last night. I think it's one of the coolest things in new leaf. I think of house and town decorating as art. I love to look at all the beautiful towns that people on here create. I also like updating my Joy town. It's had over 2300 visitors. ( Thanks to all the lovely people that took time to visit)

I wish there was a way to talk to the people having the dream towns, in case you really really like the town you couldtell them and perhaps exchange friendcodes and become friends. I've dreamed about a couple of towns I always felt like 'I could really become friends with this person!' and maybe ask where they got their paths from etc.
Otherwise I mostly use it for inspiration on how they solve different things and how they decorate around houses and pwps and whatnot

I always thought it would be nice if you could write a nice little message on their bulliton board. ( I understand why we can't. There would be too many people writing bad stuff on them.) But I have often wished I could.

The dream suite is so you can share your town with the world so everyone has the chance to see how awesome your town is and how much hard work you have invested into it.

It's not meant to do anything else.

Idk how people without an animal crossing forum get to share their dream address though.

how do you find out how many people visited your DA, Luna only ever tells me the last visitor that came.

I love the Dream suite by the way :)

how do you find out how many people visited your DA, Luna only ever tells me the last visitor that came.

I love the Dream suite by the way :)
When you update your town Luna tells you the amount of visitors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Early on I used the dream suite for learning things. In the older games trees were harder to plant.
Finding a dream town with a orchard helped me figure out where to plant.

The dream suite comes in handy if you have extra towns. I've sent a player up to the dream suite to help with furniture placement.
One night I moved three rooms around and wanted to place the stuff back in the new room. Another time I used it for placement for two rooms furniture that got customized. I used my side town to get it all down in one day.
Also it's helpful to walk around my towns to see what needs to be fixed. No villagers stopping you with chores.

I like being able to see and talk to villagers in the game without having them in your town or campsite. It helps figure out which ones i really want and which ones i really dont because they look so different in a still 2d picture than they do in the game

It's my favourite feature really! It allows you to visit other people's towns and explore, without having to know them or connect with them. It gives you inspiration and let's you have fun! I spend hours going through dream addresses I've saved from Tumblr. xD

Back