• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Does your character look like you?

rincupine

Bells
One of my favorite parts about the New Leaf game is the highly customizable environment, from public works projects to paths and roadways, the outside of your house to your facial structure and hairstyle. No doubt part of what they had in mind when designing the game this way was the idea that we may want to make our villagers look like ourselves in real life.

I'm curious to see how many of us are actually doing that, versus how many of us have gone completely deep-end with our villagers.
Pictures of your villagers would be cool to see, too! Obviously, pictures of yourself in real life may be out of a lot of people's comfort zones, so that's not a big deal.

For example:

I am a 20 year old man with a green mohawk and various tattoos, however...

Photo on 10-27-14 at 10.11 PM.jpg

My villager looks like this.

While my (gorgeous) real-life visage of past gang involvement and gallons of hair gel is indubitably not what they had in mind when designing their customization options, my villager is probably as far off-the-mark as I could have made him. Believe it or not, under all those petticoats, therein lies a boy.

Anyway, tell us whether your villager actually looks like you or not! Pictures would be cool, (and possibly humorous) as well.

nope . my mayor has white hair but irl , i have dark brown hair xDD

but once i fulfill my perfect town and my dream houses/town , i will make my other files to look like my friends and me xD

no.
the customisation isnt that great.

and i can't see how some animal crossing new leafmayor looks like a person irl aha

Kind of, I guess. I have this hair in Animal Crossing
tumblr_mnxtnubYHb1r5mbhco1_r1_1280.jpg
and the colour is black, which is my actual hair colour in real life. I guess this hairstyle is the most similar one to mine

No, if I had to make it look like me, I have to either use my Mii, or dye by hair black and wear a QR code shirt, jeans and blue shoes.

Not at all. My character has pink hair so she definitely doesn't look like me. xD The only thing that could slightly resemble me in my mayor is the brown eyes & glasses.

My mayor is in my sig, and we sort of have the same eye shape and dress sense, but I have blonde hair and brown eyes irl. I'd much rather be my Mayor of course, living it up with a bunch of talking animals and such! ^_^

I tried it out for a while, but black hair looks really nice so I fell back to that. I used to have the black eyes too, but I switched to green. I wish the one of the green eye choices in-game were more of an olivey color honestly, then I'd probably be more inclined to make my mayor look like me.

No, my mayor looks nothing like me.I have small eyes and my mayor has big eyes.I have light brown hair, my mayor has black hair.

I have two characters. Both not at all haha.

My first is my mayor Cupcake. She kind of wears what she wants and rolls with it that way. Her hair is currently pink or blue, I can't remember since I haven't played in a couple days. :D But I think she is adorable! :D Looks nothing like me but some day I actually want pink highlights or something pink in my hair >_<

My second is my mayor Ariel based off of, well of course, Disney's The Little Mermaid! :D My town is also based on that movie. She has a QR dress and of course red hair. I think she came out as awesome as possible with the finished product! :) (I'd display my Ref from Pengu but my Imgur won't work so yeah >_<. )

Definitely not, haha.

My mayor has the pink straight bob with black eyes.

I love how creepy she looks here. It's like a shrine.

HNI_0076_zpse4c405e9.jpg

Whereas I have reddish/brown hair halfway down my back, sideswept bangs, and brown/orange eyes. I am short and skinny like her, though, we share that much, haha.

I can almost make my chick in Pokemon X look like me, at least. But AC doesn't have long enough hair for me... nor my eye color. =p

Yes! :) My first character (named after myself :p) does look a lot like me. She has the same color eyes and hair and I wear the tiara hair wig to make her look like she has long, curly hair like me. Her outfit looks like my high school prom outfit, so I like how she looks a lot. :)

Not really. I picked the face I liked best instead of what looks the most like mine and my character is as blonde as can be when in real life I just have some blonde highlights. I guess I like to pretend to be a proper blonde in the game, plus I've used the same colour since Wild World and like to keep up tradition. I do keep my characters eyes brown though to match my own.

sort, i have short blond hair (cut in the same way daisy's was in the new gatsby movie) irl, but in my game i have the second shortest, white hair. uwu my clothing does resemble what i wear though, sweaters ad jeans uwu

Yep! Although I never have hair in a bun.. My mayor does! I just need to dye my mayors eyes blue and then I am done

i try my best but i can't maintain a tan for very long. i have short black hair (which im planning to get cut maybe this weekend) and brown eyes, which my mayor does have. thing is that when i restart ill be a boy but i can't yet because i need to transfer stuff to my friend's copy

My character has the same eye colour as me which I won't change, but right now her hair is white and my hair is dark brown.
I didn't even think about her looking like me when I picked a face type, though!

Back