• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Does anyone else refuse to restart, even if you ‘finish’ your island?

i am too scared to restart my island... ;A;, i spent so much time on the landscaping, the Nook Mile Tickets to find my babies, waiting for the blue rose to pop up, all the items, all the diy recipes, the bells, etc...
i don't have the courage to restart even if i finished my island... (i change all the time my island's area with the terraforming) Cx

“Finishing” an island! I redo my island and my house all the time. It will never be finished, because I always change stuff up! It doesn’t seem very fun to me personally to just create something and then keep it like that forever, so, like you, I view my island not as something I can possibly “finish,” but something that will always be a work in progress.

Never restarting. I’ve put hours into my island and I love it. To me it is perfect and that’s all that matters.

I got a 2nd switch to make a 2nd island so I don't have to restart my main island to be honest it was pretty much worth it.

I've reset a total of three times for teeny tiny details that nobody cared about but me.

I don't regret it. I love that my villagers carry around pink drinks because my starting fruit was cherries. I like only having 8 villagers on my island for now. I love that I stuck to my goal to find all the new villagers. And I love my island name even more than my original one now.

It is annoying that I don't have many seasonal recipes, but I can easily trade for those when I want to.

I've never felt the need to reset, I'm happy with how my island is and I really wouldn't want to lose what is 500+ hours of progress, I would probably die inside. Plus I wouldn't want to make the same mistake I did as a kid when I decided to delete my NL island because I was "done" with the game, I still hit myself over that : (

I am going to restart my main island and because I got my 2nd island, I can just transfer all of my items and villagers to that island while I restart. I can see why this can take a lot of time, but it will be worth it. I am not going to restart my 2nd island at all because I liked how it is, but the main reason why I didn't restart my island was because I had no way of saving my items, but with the 2nd island I don't have to worry as much anymore.

I actually had a scare today about having to restart after pretty much completing everything, but turns out I only lost a week's progress. I would never voluntarily restart, though.

I actually had a scare today about having to restart after pretty much completing everything, but turns out I only lost a week's progress. I would never voluntarily restart, though.
Oh no!
What happened?
That is a scary thought

I would never restart my main island and lose the countless hours of progress that I made. Recently, I bought a second switch and have started a second island in the southern hemisphere since I have all the villagers that I want to keep permanently on my main island, I'll have room for more villagers in case Nintendo decides to release the remaining amiibo villagers from Zelda, Splatoon, and monster hunter.

Even after the game has received its final support from Nintendo, and I stopped playing this game in the future. And for some reason I've decided to pick this up again, I will never restart this game.

I will continue on with what I had left. Because I've already spent way too much time on my island just collecting stuff and I don't want it all gone. Also, I'm just too lazy to start all over again.

I have not restarted, nor do I plan to. In my mind, my island isn’t finished yet. I have always been part of the camp that believes more standalone buildings are coming, and have planned out spots accordingly while designing my island. If it never happens so be it, but I do have spots in mind for the Roost (most likely to return) and about 2-3 more villager spots, if the game designers decide to expand the number of villagers slightly.

I didn‘t do much terraforming and left my island fairly natural, and I still love it. A lot of my friends who did terraform heavily ended up restarting. I don’t know there’s a correlation or not, but I love my island and wouldn’t give it up for the world.

I am way too lazy to redo everything, especially getting items and bells back.
If I'm done with my island and really want change, then I just redo my current island.
I did that already 3 or 4 times 😅

I am way too lazy to redo everything, especially getting items and bells back.
If I'm done with my island and really want change, then I just redo my current island.
I did that already 3 or 4 times 😅

Yeah, I love that about New Horizons; you don't have to restart to make everything new and fresh again, just terraform and redo the island's decor. :3

I didn't realize that you could save your dream addresses, more than one for a Nintendo Online Membership? Wow. I'm on my 10th or 11th island and I only have one dream address. I should try to see if it's still there even though the island has been reset. And I could start uploading a dream for each island before I reset.

Even though I have reset a lot, one of the islands I currently have may be a keeper. My character has a lot of DIYs and all the available reactions. I have a secondary character for extra storage. Moving all their stuff would take forever.

I have Colton, Reneigh, and Raymond, and have received their photos twice each and have good friendship levels with them. I also have Audie and Megan, who are hard to get. I have Audie's photo twice and am working on Megan's.

And most of all, I love the map on that island. It's a nice basic map and I'm satisfied with the building and infrastructure placements. I had it all with white flowers and an elegant theme for awhile. Now it's colorful with a variety of flowers and paths and bridges and houses. It's more woodland looking. I can do just about any woodland, small town, country, cottage core type theme with it. It's very versatile and therefore, I'll probably keep it.

Like majority of the players here, I don't see myself restarting the game. If something happens to my save file, I will just quit the game entirely.

I’ve been playing since day one and I feel way too attached to my island to restart. I would rather demolish my island and redo it than totally restart my island. I also have a second switch for a second island, and I have to say I haven’t been as inspired to play that one as much as my first island, even though it’s a blank slate. I’ve been having more fun going back and changing things on my first island than I have totally starting fresh.

Back