• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Does anyone else hate paths?

I'm super picky about paths. If I had the motivation I would make a dirt path, but I really like the tile I have in my town. It blends in nicely.

In other games I simply refused to use paths.

i used to hate them not because they looked bad but because they seemed like so much work and i'd rather use my pattern slots for other things. but then i made one, just from my beach to re-tail, in order to make it easier when going back and forth from beetle runs. then i thought, "well, i might as well make one going up to the train station too, for when i want to run to mainstreet and donate to the museum". then after a while i thought, well these are helpful so i might as well add a path going to my house as well for easy access. and it just grew from there, until i had pretty much pathed out everything leading from one place to the next.

my paths are still very ugly, and the patterns probably look out of place and silly because i only use one slot so its nothing fancy with borders and such. but i've really grown to like it because it lets me navigate around my town very easily without having to look down at the map. It also has helped a LOT with running through my town because i don't accidentally trample flowers anymore- as long as i stick to a path i can run without worry.

so i've grown to like them for convenience but aesthetically i guess i'm still not a fan. but i have em.

No, I love paths, paths are everything, I worship the paths, the paths are fabulous, I love me some paths, paths > no paths.

I like them because they keep the grass-wear down. I'd be all over the place and have all kinds of dead spots if I didn't follow paths.

^what TxAnt said. That's the only reason I made my paths to start with, but I'm used to them now and they get quite a lot of positive comments when people come over, so yay.

I like paths. I think they help make the town look like a town and not just a forest. I think the fake water and grass look bad, though.

I HATE the fact that you can't lay path in front of doors, though. I can't understand what it would harm. Sometimes paths look bad because of that missing tile in front of doors so I try to avoid that.

I use the candy/chocolate path around my town in some areas and I quite like how it looks. But I'm trying to create pathways with bush starts now which is going to take forever as well.
My main problem with paths is that they look so squarish and don't blend in well in some areas.

Last edited:
I like them and use them in my town, but they're a big hassle so I only have about half the town pathed. I think they look nice, though.

I'm trying to place paths in my town but I never like the way they look. They look great on whatever website I'll find them, but once they're in my town, I'm actually 'meh' about them. :( Still, I'd love to find something I really like and can work with, because my idea of not having paths isn't working since my villagers keep planting flowers there, haha.

Back