• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Does anyone else hate paths?

It depends. If the pattern is very simple and fitting, I like it.

But some people cover their entire town in intricate, overly-detailed paths. It looks atrocious and unnatural.

Fake grass, fake water, and fake flowers make me wanna hurl.

I like paths when they are done well, but i hate towns completely covered in patterns and fake water/flowers/grass. It looks very unnatural and tacky. I have paths but i keep them linked to just retail, the plaza, the town hall, my house, and my park area. I like natural paths, but i find them hard to maintain, and a lot of times the grass grows back too quickly, making it look patchy, or it doesn't grow in the way i want it. I'm pretty picky about the whole subject.

It depends. If the pattern is very simple and fitting, I like it.

But some people cover their entire town in intricate, overly-detailed paths. It looks atrocious and unnatural.

Fake grass, fake water, and fake flowers make me wanna hurl.

I agree. :p

Last edited:
What I hate is how Nintendo dealt with paths. Can't put items on them. Fruit that falls gets sucked into the void. Destroying them is the same button as picking something up. They change if you change the pattern. Can't put them in doorways? I don't know if it's always been like this because I've NEVER pathed in my life before; in WW I just left everything plain because I didn't even know about paths. I did want to try in NL though, but the main thing that bugs me is the item thing :/ That's a real turnoff, especially since they look so pretty.

As for paths themselves, I love them! Some people are so creative. I love all the fake water and stuff, though not sure why people use fake... Grass? That's a little odd to me. But yeah, other than that I really like them... I just wish Nintendo hadn't made them so hard to deal with. I still haven't pathed my town, but I want to eventually.

I've actually got two towns, one natural and one with paths because I wanted to try both. I was wondering what you guys think of the use of my paths? Do they look fake or overwhelming?

HNI_0038.JPGHNI_0037.JPGHNI_0039.JPGHNI_0040.JPG

Paths look excellent if they are not overly-colorful and unnatural. I prefer mossy, brick paths or paths that are interesting but not so overly-designed.

Dollieclare, the way you used your paths is absolutely fantastic. They aren't natural paths that would occur in nature, but you didn't pick paths that were fricking rainbow-colored and they look lovely the way they are.

I hate the fake flower and grass paths.. they're, most of the time, too girly. I use stone and brick paths, though.

;u; Thank you! :D

If you guys want to get a full tour, my dream address is in the signature! I've never gotten real feedback before, so I appreciate it ~

i just really can't stand the holysomuchpink paths/towns or extremely colourful paths/towns. x-x fake grass/flowers are horrible as well. some fake water paths are really bad. some are okay.

fake water (planning to remove most of it though) and stone are what i use, and i think they are alright; the ones i picked out look a little more "natural" to me.
'3'

Last edited:
;u; Thank you! :D

If you guys want to get a full tour, my dream address is in the signature! I've never gotten real feedback before, so I appreciate it ~

Oh my gosh I'm totally coming when I have time, gonna write that dream code down now! :D I'll tell you how awesome it was as soon as I visit~

i just really can't stand the holysomuchpink paths/towns or extremely colourful paths/towns. x-x fake grass/flowers are horrible as well. some fake water paths are really bad. some are okay.

fake water (planning to remove most of it though) and stone are what i use, and i think they are alright; the ones i picked out look a little more "natural" to me.
'3'

This. I hate flashy paths and prefer the natural kinds.

I used fake water, but it's canals. idk if my town looks that good? I have dull pink paths with little pink roses on the corners, sometimes on "special" places I place a fake flowerbed.

Now that I think of it, I use fake stuff a lot..I just hate when the ENTIRE town is covered in fake grass. YICK!

I recently started putting it down on my town, I just used some light pink coloured bricks, think they look nice, but it takes wayyy too long to place them :(

I've actually got two towns, one natural and one with paths because I wanted to try both. I was wondering what you guys think of the use of my paths? Do they look fake or overwhelming?

The first and third images look best to me, the second and forth images look kinda over kill

I loved the dirt in City Folk, and the way the grass blended into it (this photo):
View attachment 28163

I have natural paths running everywhere in my CF town, it looks pretty all season.

but in NL I think the dirt is really unattractive, it looks like soil. It just looks....dirty.
View attachment 28164

I was really disappointed with the way it looked. I have stone walkways that I change seasonally so that I can avoid going on the grass as much as possible. I do have one lucky clover path, but I can't imagine getting enough clover to do a whole town's worth of pathways!

Some heavily patterned towns look good, but often I find it overwhelming.

Back