• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Does anyone else hate paths?

nekosync

:-)
Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
When I see paths in peoples' towns, it makes me cringe-- especially when they use fake flowers/water/grass.

Last edited:
i use a natural stone path with clovers in between, if you use it more creatively than just laying them straight it can look great

I think they're okay, but I personality don't use them because you can still hear the grass underneath, which is just plain weird to me XD

I hate laying the things down. And then if you want to rearrange them you have to get rid of every single tile manually, UHG! In my town I'm gonna try and have dirt pathways to make it look more natural. I also LOATHE fake grass DX

I use two different stone patterns
( they've got kinda moss growing in-between the stones ),
but I use them selectively. I don't go through
the entire town, I just use them like accents.​

Last edited:
I hate laying the things down. And then if you want to rearrange them you have to get rid of every single tile manually, UHG! In my town I'm gonna try and have dirt pathways to make it look more natural. I also LOATHE fake grass DX

Ooooo, I'm trying to do a natural dirt pathway too! Do you have a Dream Code? I'd love to see what you're doing. o:

I like my paths. I don't like the fake grass patterns that much. I have a little stream pattern that runs through my. I love it.

Last edited:
I like paths, but for some reason fake grass/ flowers are a little strange for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i use paths, just not grass

Ooooo, I'm trying to do a natural dirt pathway too! Do you have a Dream Code? I'd love to see what you're doing. o:

I'd love to share but I've got nothing done, lol. My town isn't very developed and I haven't even done any paths yet.

Yep me too! I tried to like paths, it just didn't happen! I hate how you see the cobblestones around the buildings still and you can't put them near doors. Ugh too much effort for something that IMO doesn't look all that great.

I honestly despise laying down paths and the fake water/grass also bugs me a ton.

I only use them as accents, I prefer flowers and trees :)

Yeah I've never used paths, I think it makes all the towns look samey. I don't like how they look at all against the original graphics. I like to have a more natural looking town and use other methods to make my town look nice.

I'd love to share but I've got nothing done, lol. My town isn't very developed and I haven't even done any paths yet.
Ah okay.

I haven't had my town for very long, but I do have flower paths going on and shrubs outlining them. I've got a little patch in between the flower path, which is good so far. :D

A picture of my patch <3

BgnNie7CEAAqrTr.jpg

Last edited:
That's what I like to do! I think it keeps the original feel of the game better.

Yeah I've never used paths, I think it makes all the towns look samey. I don't like how they look at all against the original graphics. I like to have a more natural looking town and use other methods to make my town look nice.

Do you have a Dream Code? I'd love to see your town. ^^

I love them.
Though, I wish they hugged the landscape a little. When the cliff face curves but the pattern is still square... Gives me a chill.

Back