• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you TT

I have done it twice to get a villager out as I needed to create space for my dreamies that people were holding for me- it was stressful and I hated it.
I have also done it when someone had to pick up a villager I was trading by TT'ing to their moving date and then going back to the present.
Other than that, I never TT. I think it does kind of defeat the purpose of the game unless you're running a cycling town.

Just to make it clear: I have no problems with people TT'ing whatsoever. It just doesn't work for me, personally.

Last edited:
I only TT to get my hybrids. I'm sorry, but because I can't check every day because of classes, I try to make up for missed hybrids over weekends. I only go forward one day then come straight back to the current time, however. If I lost Chevre, Kyle, Amelia, or Apollo, I would cry.

I TT if my hybrid stock if running low and I need to replenish it, if I don't like the current island tours, or if i want to search for a specific home exterior in Nook's Homes.

I TT, as I'm a very impatient person when it comes to construction and all that jazz. But it's nothing that big, I usually go one day forward, then the actual day and repeat. However, this messed up my town history xD.

I TT if my hybrid stock if running low and I need to replenish it, if I don't like the current island tours, or if i want to search for a specific home exterior in Nook's Homes.

I never even thought of using a bit of TT for getting the crappy Island Tours off the list or for the Nook Exteriors. I've currently been very frustrated by these two things almost exclusively.

I generally TT for cycling and because of my odd hours at playing that do not fall withing the Early Bird or Night Owl ordinances.

I TT but it's my game so no one else should concern themselves with it. I'm not hurting anyone else by doing it. Just as you aren't hurting/bothering anyone else by not TTing in your town. :)

I've never EVER TTed...
I find it kind of something to look forward to when I get a villager I really like, when I get a really important letter in the mail!
I fnd it to be sorta like cheating too.

I TT and I dont think of it as cheating. A lot of TTers actually do more work than regular players. I got the game June 11th and was instantly hooked. I was playing so much that I even messed up my neck. I'd wake up, shower and play all day. My town has always had hundreds of flowers and my town was set to Wealthy Town. So I'd go, collect all of the fossils, run a bunch of errands for my villagers, water all flowers, play island games, etc. After a few hours of doing that I eventually ran out of things to do. So I'd go ahead and skip to the next day so that I could do it all over. That's a lot of work if you ask me. I was doing 2-3 (maybe even more) days of work in a single day. So yeah, it kinda bothers me when people call TTers lazy or say that we're cheating :rolleyes:

After a while I stopped TTing as much because I started spending more and more time on trading boards. These trades would take up a lot of time which meant that I wasn't able to do the workload of so many days at once. So I'd only TT when I wanted to make villagers moved out.

Now that I'm back in university I don't have the time to TT at all. I still play the game every day, but only for a few hours. I do have an extremely busy life and sometimes miss in game events. When that happens I TT back to that day so that I can participate in them. Once again, I wouldn't call it cheating as it doesn't put me at an advantage (considering that everyone else has already taken part in that event) It's just that I'm an adult with responsibilities and I can't exactly put a New Year's party on hold so that I can play New Leaf. But at the same time I don't want to miss out on the game so I go back and do it.

Not anymore
I've done it twice I believe. The first time I just wanted to see what happens because I didn't understand.
The second time I believe was after I had built a campsite. I wanted to see who my first camper would be. xD
But I of course went back to real time and I don't really feel the urge to do it anymore. It's not how I like to play.

I used to when I was younger, now I wouldn't just because it means I would finish everything quicker and have nothing to come back the next day. I currently really enjoy going to bed knowing when I wake up there will be something new like maybe a hybrid grew over night or maybe my house is being remodeled. I'm expecting my new bridge in the morning and then the garden center tomorrow :)

I TT every day, to get villagers out and see who move in. If its someone i don't like, i reset.

As i can only play late at night i also TT back after hours while the villagers is still awake.
Thanks to TT alot of ugly villagers won't set foot in my town.
But i don't find Pietro ugly, he's in my town for quite sometime.

Last edited:
I did it for a while after playing legit for 7 months, only for things like fixing dirt patches, or if a villager was moving out I'd go forward to the day they left to get it over with. Sometimes then I'd go forward a few days and reset for a good plot. But now I've gone back to playing legit.

I lost Coco from doing it so that was my punishment.

Last edited:
Is sometimes dreaming that you are still living in yesterday considered TT'ing? If so, Yes. :)

I also TT because I wake up at 7:00 and I have to wait 2 hours for one shop to open, then another hour for the rest to open, then ANOTHER hour for Pashmina to wake up. :p

I TT because I've lost my town twice now and like an absolute idiot I began missing around with the start date when I was resetting for a map the last time around. To my dismay I had the perfect map when I was stuck back in August 2013 (I was experimenting with whether certain days made certain villagers more likely to show up etc) and now I'm trying to TT at least two days forward every day to catch up to the normal time, it's a huge pain as I want to play normally but I can't while the date is so out of whack! I'm really busy with life at the moment and I'm still stuck in August blargh!

Back