• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Do you think we'll be able to relocate the plaza once we upgrade to the town hall?

Jhine7

🌻
Bells
Island
Olympus
Crown Trophy
Galaxy Swirl
Ocean Pearl
Red Super Star Trophy
I don't see the airport or the Nook Services being movable from the start. However, maybe we can move Nook Services once it's time to upgrade to Town Hall? Thoughts?

I think Nook Services/Town Hall will be one of the few buildings left stationary.

It would be really silly if that was the one (of maybe two things) we aren't able to move because we can move everything else around.

I'm not honestly sure. I could see it being moveable, but it's also a special building for the islands and we haven't actually seen or heard anyone mention (from what I know of) anyone moving the plaza. I think to be on the safe side until we know for sure it can/can't be moved everyone should just pick a map with the plaza location being somewhere they won't mind it being forever. Since we can choose maps I think it shouldn't be that difficult.

I'm resetting for a default map assuming that Resident Services cannot be relocated.

We don't know yet, but I know I'm going to assume that we can't move Resident Services and the airport. Those are the only 2 buildings that are there at the beginning, so that could be why you may not be able to move them.

I hope so, but I have a feeling that and the airport will be left stationary.

Given they are only allowing one island per console, I think it's really important that they allow us to customize our island from almost every aspect. And I'm glad that they seem to agree, given by all the advanced creative tools they've given us.

I personally think you'll be able to move it given the amount of leeway we're getting with everything else. Just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense? Even if this isn't the case, I sure hope I pick a good map then.

i feel like the plaza will be the one thing that we won’t be able to relocate, unfortunately

i don't think it's very likely either. i do hope we get to redesign it like in new leaf though.

I hope we can move it because it?s probably the biggest structure. It?s really too bad we probably won?t know until weeks into the game, when it would be nice to have an answer before we pick our maps.

I'm hoping they are moveable! That would seriously limit customisation!
I would be thinking why have you given me Ambrosia without a spoon to eat it with?! ⁄(⁄ ⁄ˊૢ⁄ ⌑︎ ⁄ˋૢ⁄ ⁄)⁄
Why would we have so much freedom only to be limited? It has to be moveable but since Tom Nook's in there, it'll prolly be pricey!!!
wheres-my-money-til-tom-nook-doesnt-like-late-payments-54348733.png

I'm resetting for a default map assuming that Resident Services cannot be relocated.

This is my logic going into the game as well. All maps we've seen so far have had it in the lower part of the map as well. Residents Services and Airport are likely not moveable.

I'd actually prefer those to stay stationary. I want to be able to one day look at my island and see the place and think back to how far I've come. In NL one of my favourite screenshots is my character sitting beside the main tree while cherry blossoms float around the town. I think of how the little sapling grew with the town. The Residents Services seems to upgrade to a town hall-like building so seeing it and remembering the little tent you first visited will feel nostalgic on some level.
Plus I feel like I wouldn't move many buildings once I've placed them (other than villagers if I deem them ready to move out cough isolating them cough)

I don't think so, being able to mess with everything could probably lead to some huge problems.

I think we might be able to move it when it upgrades into the proper town hall.

It's possible since they let us relocate buildings. Nook may even ask us where we want the tall hall before it's even built.

It's possible they may let us move it when it upgrades to the Town Hall but unfortunately I don't see them being moveable. Personally I don't really mind, I mean I'd prefer all my main buildings to be on higher levels but it's not going to bother me too much.

Back