• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

do you think theres a group of people dedicated to making CT a bad experience?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
seriously, theres always someone you will find annoying or worst when you go to club tortimer. do you think theres actually a group of people who are dedicated to make club tortimer a bad experience? like i wont be surprised if theres actually one.

Last edited:
Tbh, I 100% support this theory, I imagine they all get together and they're like "you know what we should do today? troll xD" and everybody who's with them probably just goes "XD hells yeah" as they all board kapp'ns boat on their way to terrorize a couple of people. With kapp'ns song being their source of motivation.

Last edited:
I can believe it
But I speak Spanish so I'm like I don't understand when in reality I do :p

I'm not really sure. On one hand, I think there's probably a group of AC players out there who just feel the need to troll, and get together in a skype group or some crap, and are just like "hey, let's go annoy the hell out of people on club tortimer island!" But at the same time, I think it's possible that since the AC community is so big, that a lot of people commonly run into trolls/annoying people because it's almost inevitable. It could also be (since I've noticed a lot of people that go there seem to be kids/preteens) that it's just kids who don't think much about what they're doing.

Honestly I've never ran into a troll when I've visited Club Tortimer. But I can imagine that it is indeed younger children as I was on an island on Thursday maybe Friday and this girl said she was eight years old - but then afterwards said she was nine. o.o

I don't think it's really a group, though I do see where some people would get together just to make fun of exasperated players, but I think it's mostly just bored little kids who want to watch the world burn. In every community and fandom, there is always going to be the trolls who try to gain pleasure by ruining someone else's experience.

I don't think its a group, I think it's just more likely you'll find mischievous people on CT than you would on this forum, for example. I've had tons of bad experiences, enough to turn me off from CT altogether. Overall, I've had more positive experiences but the bad ones are common enough to make me wary. I'll go if I'm looking for an item but I'll leave the island once someone comes.

I think it's just young kids trying to troll others. Most of the people I've met there have been very young so it leads me to believe that they just take advantage of the opportunity to scam others out of their bells or items. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up to make the lives of others hard.

I've had the same players arrive on the islands causing trouble. One says Bye and than hits the wifi switch. The next island you arrive on one of them is there and the next another one follows.
My main town played the island first and than my guest town dropped by the islands.
I said nice to see you again and they didn't know what I was talking about. They tried the same troll stuff.
Sometimes it's not too bad but other times they get out of hand. Those trolls get blocked from both 3DS. Most of the time I go to the island late at night so hopefully it isn't young players.

The other night I picked a tour and hopped in the chair one second before the troll did. The troll forgot to hit the wifi switch.

I've run into those people that push you around, don't say anything, etc. But I've never met someone that deliberately messes with you! But I guess that's because I always do the international route, people are really nice most of the time! If it's a NA thing only is when I run into the butt-munchers that want to ruin good ol fashion fun. Maybe try international? Or try getting a group together on here! I did it once and it was really fun. Think I might even make a thread at some point. :)

There are more adult women playing this game than anyone else. But, of all the players on this game, kids and preteens seem to use the island the most. A lot of the older players prefer to play solo, so you're a lot more likely to encounter somebody young when you're using the public island. Chances are you're just running into kids who don't really know better or are just trolling out of boredom.

What specifically is meant by bad experience? I haven't experienced anyone push my character around, but I do quite frequently get players come along who do nothing but buzz your beetles away. Some people say sorry and it's indeed easy to do when you can't see very far south/west/east of your character, but like the other day, I had a Japanese player come along who persistently did it to my bugs. He just ran around the island in circles not actually catching anything. So I left and found another island.

I'd say the most annoying thing in my experience though is the players who join just to instantly leave again. I get that happen all the time. Are these people after specific medal objects, an empty island to themselves or are they just out to be annoying?

What specifically is meant by bad experience? I haven't experienced anyone push my character around, but I do quite frequently get players come along who do nothing but buzz your beetles away. Some people say sorry and it's indeed easy to do when you can't see very far south/west/east of your character, but like the other day, I had a Japanese player come along who persistently did it to my bugs. He just ran around the island in circles not actually catching anything. So I left and found another island.

I'd say the most annoying thing in my experience though is the players who join just to instantly leave again. I get that happen all the time. Are these people after specific medal objects, an empty island to themselves or are they just out to be annoying?

I never try to fish or catch bugs on CT, just use my own island.
When I go to CT, I'm using it to find items I haven't got - which I know can be annoying to other players as when you arrive the game saves, saves again when you leave...its called island hopping.
I have had players error on me, usually if I buy a rare item so I lose it, happens too often to be a coincidence.

I don't really think there's a group specifically for that purpose, but I do agree that most of the island goers are children who are bored and either already want to troll, or will troll when they realize that can't always get people to do or say what they want.

Please don't give up hope! I frequently travel the islands, even to bug and shark hunt. I think the opportunity of meeting someone you can have a good conversation with is worth the bad eggs, and it's definitely more fun bug hunting with a new friend.

Pro Tips: Every 4-5 bugs/sharks you catch, put them in the basket. Whenever someone new comes or goes your basket will save, so if you get a stinker who wants to flip the wi-fi, at least some of your progress is saved.

And if you have any hunch that the person on the island with you might start to troll, quickly go to a tour. If they join you, flip the wifi- going to tours also saves your basket, so while you will have to pay another 1000 bells, at least you might have some bugs to show for it and you'll rid yourself of the other person as well. :)

Most of the people I meet on club tortimer are super nice :3 Maybe I'm just reaaaally lucky, but I've only run into a few problematic people. I feel like most of the rude/childish people on there are actually children so I don't say anything rude to them xD A german chick tried to trap me on the island once (I disconnected instead), and a few people have told me to leave when I was there before them, but I completely ignore them and keep doing what I was doing and don't talk to them and eventually they leave. If they scare away bugs or fish I'm trying to catch, I just start diving instead because then there's nothing they can do :p

And I doubt there's an actual group of people trying to ruin club tortimer. Kids just like being jerks sometimes because it's fun to troll people.

Last edited:
I haven't had that many problems with Club Tortimer, however I've only had it a week (I've had the game for over a year, it's just I never saw purpose in CT). I'm struggling to see why a few items like hammers and such are worth the harassment some people face on it. :(

Seems pretty tame to me most of the time.

I think the worst that usually happens (quite frequently), is people immediately coming in and begging for money. Then 9/10 times they get mad and start yelling at people or doing what they can to make it suck when no one gives them anything.

Honestly, I'm probably somewhat guilty of trolling. Occasionally, if I run into a bad apple, I go in screaming "Trees murdered my family", and start cutting them all down.:cool:

Back