• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you prefer to have your island 100% done before releasing a Dream Address?

Personally, I didn't release my dream address until I was completely done and satisfied with my island; I just felt more comfortable having a 'full product' for people to look at.

With that said, I did make some changes later on, which was to be expected. But I think it's good to have a 'base model' for your island that you more or less are going to stick with in the long run; the only reason I made changes to it is because I got bored and felt inspired to implement something new for a change.

So, technically, your island can/will always be a work-in-progress or a draft. But that's just my experience and preference. Do as you please!

I don't have a DA yet because there's really not much to do on my island currently until I have it finished.

None of my IRL friends have seen my island because I want it finished lol. I was planning on having a party on my island for my IRL's to come over and do a treasure hunt, but I'm holding off on finishing my island until I see what's coming in the update.

i definitely prefer to have my island 100% complete before uploading a dream address, and have been that way since new leaf — hence why i never had a dream address in new leaf LOL. 😜

however, if you want to upload a dream address, i say go for it! your island sounds lovely, and 92% complete is definitely something to be proud of and to show off!

I just upload whenever I feel like it and update every time I finish a new area. My island will probably never be 100% complete because I'll always find something to change with every season.

I am never going to be "done", so no. I do wait until I have enough to make it fun (I hope) for people to go around, but it isn't a showpiece island. I've ultimately designed it to be something I enjoy interacting with every day.

For people who complain that dreams aren't finished enough or interesting enough, they don't have to dream mine again. :)

My island will probably never be done.
Mainly because I'm too lazy to decorate the fronts of every villagers houses to look fitting to them.

But I do think dream addresses should only be uploaded when you have something you can actually call an island.

If 90% of your island isn't decorated at all, then I don't think it should be uploaded. At least with the settings on so that it can be randomly found.

No one wants to dream and end up on a completely barren wasteland.

But if you've got a good skeleton for your island sorted, like paths and some items that while not meant to stay forever, make the place look somewhat touched. Then I think those dreams are fine to go visit.

Back