• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you prefer to have your island 100% done before releasing a Dream Address?

peachycrossing9

Taking a break :3
Bells
Switch
3310-7464-3144
Island
Liliana
Hello :)

This is just something I wanted an opinion on. I am probably 92% done with my island and it's current theme which is Fairycore. I am so ready to start flattening and start my next theme that I have planned out in my head. I really would like to release a Dream Address, but I'm lacking that motivation to finish off those last few bits of my island... (Mostly the beaches and one other area).

I always feel like I need to have everything 100% completely ready and every little spot in my island filled in before I release the DA. But I kinda feel like leaving the beaches I haven't decorated and just going for it. What do you like to do? Make sure the island is fully done or do you leave gaps and hope no one will notice? 😂

Yes! I did re uploaded my dream address months ago when I was asking some friends here their opinion on my current setup to make it easier for them. I don’t plan on updating it until I finish and if I finish my island since it is a mess right now and also, looks very inconsistent. My plan was to try to decorate as much of my island as possible but I have no more ideas and am uninspired to continue working on it atm with what furniture we do have.

Tbh I used to just upload it as I liked it and then I saw some post somewhere complaining about people who upload dream addresses that aren’t 100% finished and now I feel uncomfy doing so and probably won’t upload a DA until I’m like 110% done

i uploaded one when i felt my island was interesting enough for visits even though i knew it wasnt finished. i just update my dream address whenever i tweak something. it doesnt change your number when you update it so thats nice if you want to display your dream address online somewhere you wont have to change it each time.

id say upload it whenever you want to share what you have. you can always write alongside the address that its a work in progress if you want people to know that you arent finished and might change it in the future. either way i dont think people will judge you if theres a few natural areas; not everyone has a completely decorated island and im sure the parts that are decorated are what will stand out! its your island so just do whatever makes you comfortable. also, its optional if you want to make your dream available for random visits. if you dont want to share it while you feel it is incomplete, thats fine too

With my previous island, I feel like I released the DA way too soon. I thought it was done, but I also really rushed the last touches. That was back when DAs first became available, so didn't want to miss out. I ended up changing the entire layout and everything, but sadly never got to release the new, much better version.
With my current island, I want to wait until at least one version is done. I plan to keep on changing it and updating it as time goes on, but I won't create a DA until every part is done in a way that I really like and feel proud of.

I say upload it whenever you feel like it. Mine was no where near finished when I uploaded it. Now I update it after I finish an area. My islands will never be 100percent finished because I will always find something to change. I also like changing around the decorations for the seasons and holidays.

My main island, no. That one constantly changes.

My second island, however, yes. I use my second switch and game to make fun themed islands.

Yeah I do. After restarting my 2nd island so many times I was finally satisfied with it and I like I how I made it. So yeah I always make sure my island is completed before I make or update my dream address. Same with the main island.

Yeah I haven't released dream address yet because my island is not done yet. Even though I feel like some parts are pretty much finalized and pretty enough, I just want everything to be complete and beautiful. But at this rate I probably won't be done any time soon since I haven't really put any effort into it in the last year. I just got burnt out.

i uploaded one when i felt my island was interesting enough for visits even though i knew it wasnt finished. i just update my dream address whenever i tweak something. it doesnt change your number when you update it so thats nice if you want to display your dream address online somewhere you wont have to change it each time.

id say upload it whenever you want to share what you have. you can always write alongside the address that its a work in progress if you want people to know that you arent finished and might change it in the future. either way i dont think people will judge you if theres a few natural areas; not everyone has a completely decorated island and im sure the parts that are decorated are what will stand out! its your island so just do whatever makes you comfortable. also, its optional if you want to make your dream available for random visits. if you dont want to share it while you feel it is incomplete, thats fine too

Hmm, I agree. I think I'm going to upload the DA next week sometime. Finished or not. I am just really itching to start doing something different with my island.

Lol, i'll never be "100%" done.

Literally same. Even when everything is finished, I always find something else to change. But I have to bite the bullet here, because once the DA goes up, everything is getting taken down for a new theme. I will just have to be satisfied with whatever is done. 😂
Post automatically merged:

Yes! I did re uploaded my dream address months ago when I was asking some friends here their opinion on my current setup to make it easier for them. I don’t plan on updating it until I finish and if I finish my island since it is a mess right now and also, looks very inconsistent. My plan was to try to decorate as much of my island as possible but I have no more ideas and am uninspired to continue working on it atm with what furniture we do have.

Oof, yes that's part of my problem too, is that I'm so bored of the items we currently have. Just hoping this upcoming update will re inspire me in time for my new theme.

I would have never been 100% done. I never got around to doing any of the areas I had plans for. The only area of my island that I was satisfied with is the ice hockey rink. I had the motivation to finish that part. I don’t play the game anymore unfortunately, nor did I have the means to even have a dream address because apparently you need WiFi for any type of download… Honestly though, I don’t have a preference when it comes to this. I personally would update with every small (or big) change I make to my island.

Last edited:
My island is never “done.” It changes with the seasons and whatever new ideas I get.

Kinda, I do prefer it to be mostly done before I show it off. Mine is probably 99% done, unless they come out with more buildings and furniture series (hope so)

I just upload and update my address whenever I feel like it.

I think it's presentable in its own despite having lots of empty spaces because I have been anticipating the content of the updates. Are we getting new buildings? More massive landscaping furniture? Will there be new in-game paths, etc..

no. the dream address i currently have up is of my town unfinished but perfectly presentable. (and i still haven't finished it since i'm trying to grow my own blue roses.) the only reason i haven't updated it in several months is because there's clutter on my island -- hybrids filling up one of my upper beaches in preparation for my rainbow garden, more hybrids in my garden for breeding purposes, weeds/seeds/saplings outside the shop for completing nook mile tasks, raw materials on my other beach because i'm slowly trying to craft one of every item possible. (it's mostly just the star fragment stuff left.) i don't have the inventory to hold it all at once, and you can't store flowers, so a DA update will just have to wait until the mess is all gone lmao.

Not 100% done because my island is always being tweaked but i do make sure to have all my land decorated, like you wont find an empty zone on my map. However i do think its really cool to see an islands progress through dreams, specially if i really like the creators work.

i feel like most people dont really pay much attention to the beaches and house interiors, so i doubt people would mind much

i just upload my dream address whenever i fancy-! my town is never going to be perfect, far from it. so as long as i can like my island despite wonky areas, i can hope others might like it too :]

I don't think my island will ever be done per se. I also don't really worry all that much about what people think of my Island. If they like it great if not that's fine too. I do enjoy uploading it from time to time, plus it's an easy way to get suggestions from people online.

Back