• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you plan to change your island based on season?

I'll be changing parts of my island for certain seasons/holidays. I have some plans already to do this! I probably won't do a huuuge overhall but a few small changes per season as accents!

No, I don't have a theme or anything so it should look ok in any season... though I'm too lazy to even bother decorating most of the time lol, just not as inspired by the current available items :cry: hopefully since Nintendo keeps adding more stuff we'll get more cute items in Fall!

tbh i think the game developer's intent IS for people to change their island - villagers, furniture, patterns, etc - with the seasons, seems partially why they season lock/date lock furniture sets, to encourage people to play later down the road and change up their towns continuously. also some mechanics lend themselves to changing w the seasons: natural move outs occurring after two weeks, villagers pulling seasonal wreaths off their doors when its out of season, etc

personally, i just enjoy change and think its fun to conceptually think of your town changing w the seasons like a real town 😍

I thought about this, like just changing out bushes for those in season, and certain ground patterns that would need to be changed to match the seasonal ground color variations, but... I'm a time traveler so I'm always bouncing around so maybe its pointless for me 🧐

also a bit too lazy for entire changes,, but! it would probably be very helpful to keep the game fresh and more to do!

for now I can't see myself changing things per season, but i do think i'll be replacing some bushes throughout my island so that i have at least some bushes in bloom every time bush seasons change! other than that, i'll probably just change up the piles of leaves i have laying around.

Nope! I've put too much work into it so when the snow comes, it'll be a summery island covered in snow.

nah, I don't feel like putting in the effort of changing it on a per-season basis, so it'll just stay the same throughout the year, lol

Yeah, but maybe every summer and winter since I feel like I can't change my whole island 4 times a year 😂

Nope. It's too much of a hassle for me. Instead, i'm trying to make my island look good in any season

I would probably change up the area in front of Resident Services (I call it the "green") and a small pool area in front of Nook's, but that's about it. Also if I were able to find a fall/winter themed QR code to put over my existing paths, I would probably use it, but I wouldn't try to switch up my entire island, that's a task I wouldn't even dream of doing.

Considering I've wasted almost 500 hours doing absolutely nothing to my island, and I'm finally starting to settle on a basic design...nope. It's gonna stay however it ends up, lol.

But I'm thinking my scholar-type vibes will be able to fit in with any season, so yay for that, I s'pose.

I thought about this, and decided to try to keep my island pretty neutral and just have a diverse amount of bushes and trees to help with the seasonal look (starting to regret the million bushes, if I ever want to overhaul my island in the future it will be a nightmare)

I did consider having a spot near the entrance just to put seasonal stuff at. I don't really have the space for it. But keeping it in mind for the future!

I don't have my island based on any themes correlating with the seasons. Super glad I don't because it took me over a month to figure out exactly how I wanted to rebuild my island.

I'll only remove seasonal furniture and replace them with the appropriate ones. I won't go out of my way to drastically change my entire island, though.

Back