• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you like the concept of amiibo cards?

I like how we could have the option of collecting character cards that you can bring into your game. It's a nice side option for those people who feel like they absolutely cannot enjoy the game without their certain favorite villagers, but arent having any luck finding them in their own in game.

I purchased a few, but the excitement just wasnt the same for me when I used them. I have a lot more fun hunting for villagers in game and experiencing that rush of joy when you encounter a favorite all on your own

I loved them in NL because of all the items from RV's.

I feel totally ripped off as they are pretty much useless to me now.

Oh, yes - absolutely. I'm the type who wants my favorites with no muss or fuss. (beyond acquiring the cards, that is)

For those trying to get amiibo cards, they seem to be restocked very regularly online for both target and GameStop, I’ve bought them from both places. The times they were sold out they had them back in stock the next day. Target at least never carries them in store so that could be an issue. It’s better not to go to any stores right now anyway, so it’s great that you can buy them online.

I personally like them as collectibles more than to use, so I am only interested in the real cards. I do hope that as more and more people are able to buy the cards normally it will cut into the third party sellers trying to charge insane amounts for them. I really love the surprise of opening the packs to see who I got. :giggle:

not judging anyone on the ‘homemade’ cards, especially those who run/ purchase from only small shops, it probably is fine, just like how you can usually sell or produce fan art/ items without having licensed anything, as long as you aren’t mass producing or getting rich.

I am a compulsive collector and mild hoarder so the concept of collectible cards really appeals to me (and the fact that you can get villagers without spending 100+ tickets sometimes to island hop and hunt them down is also a plus haha) but I've been really put off by the price gouging and how expensive the official cards are when you try to buy them on places like ebay etc.

I personally don't have a problem with the fan made ones that you can find on etsy, personally I would probably consider getting some of them for the art alone (there are some really beautiful illustrations) but I can understand why some people don't like them

I suppose I like the idea, I just wish there were better uses for them implemented across at least more of Nintendo's first party games. We always had Nintendo's eCards, which I guess never really took off, but now that Amiibo's have proven to be successful and are seemingly here to stay - I really wish I were getting more value out of them.

I like how we could have the option of collecting character cards that you can bring into your game. It's a nice side option for those people who feel like they absolutely cannot enjoy the game without their certain favorite villagers, but arent having any luck finding them in their own in game.

This. I've had Teddy for generations of AC games. I wouldn't feel right playing an AC game without him.

Nintendo doesn't even sell them in my region. I can import them but it will cost me a lot.

I like the concept of these cards being useful in game such as inviting villagers. However, they need to improve their ways of distribution. I do understand why though. My country has a small market for them. :(

i do! while i’ve never purchased any due to how expensive they are, i think the concept is pretty neat and they look like they’d be fun to collect! if i ever manage to find any in-stores or if the prices drop significantly online, i’ll definitely think about picking some up.

They are too expensive to buy in packs, especially if you're looking to complete the entire collection. Unfortunately, right now it's the worst time to collect them period—even just your favorites. Thankfully I started before the Welcome Amiibo update was released for New Leaf. The cards were cheap to purchase individually on eBay at that time. But with the New Horizons popularity explosion, buying most of your favorites individually can cost you anywhere from $5 to $40.

I remember how hard it was to get villagers that you wanted in NL, so honestly I'm okay with the amiibo cards for that reason. I can see why people don't like them though because cards can cost quite a bit depending on the villager. Most of the villagers I like though aren't very popular, so I was able to get the individual cards pretty cheap on ebay and I'm not a collector, so I won't be buying anymore now that I have the villagers that I want for my island.

No, I dont want to spend more money. They're so expensive. I only ever want the same villagers so I'd have to collect those 10 villagers and what about the next animal crossing that comes out. Will they continue to use amiibo cards or will they outdate them, so I've spent all that money for useless cards? I dont care for it but if they were to make us pay for added items to the game in the future, like some speculat they might. I'd be willing to pay for more stuff as I know it costs to develop and add more items to the game. I'm not willing to pay for villagers that are already in the game, they've just made it hard for us to get the ones we want in game to push you to buy the cards. I think that's greedy.

I got a lot of them when I played new leaf. I loved scanning in the vans with items. I still love them.

yeah, but i wish i had more of a use for my special character amiibo cards, i just have them. sold hha a while ago so they're no good there- what do i do, play amiibo festival?

no.

Amiibo cards are very helpful for kicking out unwanted villagers you don't want so you can replace them with better ones so its a lot of better than doing the campsite card mini game my only issue with them is that they are hard to find and most people I see charge a lot for them.

Back