• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Do you get emotional over villagers?

I would definitely say I get a bit emotional over my villagers. It's always been really hard for me to keep friends irl so it's pretty nice that they are always there.

I know I'd be very upset if Olivia or Wolfgang were to leave as those two are very special to me. ;_;

I get emotional even with my 3DS, so why not with my villagers? At least they have more personality.

I get attached, but that's just how I have fun with my games. I'm not so overly attached that I'd throw myself into a raging river if Rosie packed up and left tomorrow, but well...

I am a storyteller. I'm a writer. I am the kind of person who loves adding backstories to blank slates, who loves personifying those things which have no soul. I could make you form an emotional attachment to an iron if I wanted to, but I'll spare you the burn (get it? haw). My point is that a lot of my fulfillment and enjoyment comes from forming those attachments because it has become a huge creative outlet.

You're looking at someone who spends more time in the Sims 3 CAS than the actual game. I developed over 50 families and I'm -still- making them. 2-3 generations of each family planned.

Animal Crossing is written so well and yet so vaguely. It's the perfect story fodder and I love making up small stories for all of my cute little villagers. While I definitely know it's just a game and they're just mindless little programmed pixels, the fact remains that somebody out there had to come up with all of that dialogue, with their designs, with their loves and hates and everything. People spent so much time creating each and every one of those characters. Even the characters you don't like are someone's baby.

Not to bring religion into this, but think of it as all of us, being made in a unique image. Lovingly created. I'm not religious by any means, but I can respect the idea that everyone is made special~

So that's how I think of the animals. They were someone's loving craft, someone beautiful idea. They created villagers who, even if they seem ugly, still have fans. And while they act like stereotypes sometimes, or just kind of ditzy, we also need to bear in mind that with a game already so vast and populated, they've really done a beautiful job so far and it can only get better~ Perhaps someday, ever animal can have more uniqueness to them, but for now, I am ok with what we have, and I am ok doing a little work on my own to flesh them out a bit~ It adds to the fun.

...So pardon the essay, but to answer your question, yes, and I always will~

This is exactly how I feel! It’s truly relieving to see another explain it almost word for word what I’ve been attempting to explain to others. Thank you!

I think I definitely felt more attached to my villagers in NL than I do in NH. I have been playing NH longer than I had played NL, but I have also taken more breaks and not talked as much as I felt I have with my villagers in NL. I am attached but I feel like they are missing something that they had in NL, not to mention I hate the bug talk.

I remember reading some opinions how even in NL the dialogue wasn’t that good, but since I barely played the other games aside from HHD and NH, I didn’t see it as a problem the way it was. I in fact like the snooties and crankies better in NL than NH. Spending time with my villagers was more fun since they’d visit me at my house and comment on my decorations. They’d ask me to bring another villager to them and had special dialogue like I brought Ankha Erik and she was asking him if he read a dictionary.

Last edited:
yeah! i‘ve always been emotional and quick to grow attached to things/people, so i’m not surprised that i’m like that with villagers as well lol. my feelings vary from villager to villager, but i’ve honestly become attached to every single one that i’ve encountered thus far, even the ones that i wasn’t fond of at first. 😅

Kinda. I do really like some of my villagers, but if they were to suddenly leave, I wouldn't cry a river over it

When I was about 14 years old, I checked on my Wild World town and realised that Alice moved away.. I was actually pretty heartbroken, because she used to be my absolute favorite Villager and I had her from the very beginning of the game. Nowadays I don't mind, especially since it's a lot more easy to just get them back with the Amiibo cards..

No. At least feeling happy for finally get all of the dreamies counts.

Back