• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you bring your gaming consoles to school/college/university?

I ALWAYS bring my 3DS. Ever since Year 8 I always brought a regular DS to play Pokemon with my friend. Since Year 9 or 10 I started bringing a 3DS, and I still do to this day (I'm in a community college).

Back when I was in school I used to, but I found it hard to find time to actually play them, and it felt like an unnecessary risk to bring them with me.

That's usually how it works with me and portable games. It's like, oh man, I can finally play games whenever I am! But inevitably I only ever play them at home anyways

I take my Switch with me when I know that I'm going to have a lot of free periods but otherwise I'd prefer to leave it at home.

the only time i ever have taken my 3ds to school was in february 2016 , and instead of having fun with it i actually was paranoic about losing it.

I've brought my 3DS to college a few times, only to really play it travelling there as it takes a while to get there for me :3

I wish I could but almost all of my commutes don't take so long, well not long enough to play a game like animal crossing :(

When I first bought my Switch, I figured it would essentially be a home console, since the screen is a bit bulky, but now I’ll take it anywhere with me - in its case it fits perfectly in my bag.

Work, school, anywhere I need to kill time. I don’t use it on my commute, though - too scared someone will steal it or spill something on it.

I would bring my 3DS with me to college, but I kept the bigger game consoles at home. I mostly watched anime in my free time instead.

Yeah, for street pass, but I haven?t been getting much since the Switch was released. I?ll never get that gold streetpass badge.

**** yeah, I do! The school I go to has a rule that the only electronics you can bring to school is your phone. So, being the kind of guy who sees an opportunity and seizes it, I abused the HELL out of mobile emulators, and still do! Nowadays, I mostly play Pokemon Clover, Mario Adventure, 3Mix, Partners in Time, and Wild World.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd play Mario Sunshine and the original Crossing, but the laptops we use for school are Chromebooks, and Dolphin crashes whenever I try to load a game.

Last edited:
Nintendo zone spots are still active?

Yeah, they only give like SP hits though. No DLC or such from what I've learned. And yeah I live in Sweden so might be that too, although only one store carries them and sometimes you don't get even if you walk past so it's a bit luck.

our schools in where I live doesn't allow us to bring games or anything with us, but I did rebel twice & brought my game boy advance & the second time was the PSP & the teacher almost took it from me LOL rip, both times where when I was in 6th grade.

I'm in college now, but I'm online so ha lmfao :cool:

I mean, I bring mine to work cause I'm just at a computer talking on a headset all day lol. I get LOTS of ACNL time in every day. <3

I did often bring my DS/3DS to uni when I was a student, though I didn't really play games at uni, just on the way to-and-from campus. Not because of being thought of as cool / uncool (I just don't care about such things), but because my time at uni had to be spent getting my work done. The only "down time" I had for a couple years straight was my commute between work and uni lol.

I would never have bought one to high school (if I'd owned one) though, as the risk of it being damaged or stolen wouldn't have outweighed any benefit for me. High school and university are *very* different environments.

i bring my 3ds with me every day! mostly for the bus ride there and back. but i also play during lunch and really boring classes

Back