• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you bring your gaming consoles to school/college/university?

When I only had my 3DS, I would literally bring it everyday to school just because of boredom. I'd constantly just work on ACNL landscaping and stuff until I got home, where I started thinking on what to do with my town.

Now I have my phone, i'm less active with ACNL, (and this forum in particular) so I rarely bring it anymore.

Wish my L and R buttons weren't so rekt, *le sigh*

During my third year of uni my friends and I would do the little street pass games and play Smash in our break. It made showing up for early morning lectures a lot more interesting.

Nowadays I often forget. It also doesn't help that I haven't bought a case for my Switch yet.

I brought my laptop to university to help with writing up assignments, research, but also for MMORPGs, so I guess?

Last edited:
I brought my 3DS to school with me in high school but I never played it, I just kept it to get steps for play coins. I bring my switch around the college campus to play with my friends or when I have a little down time.

I've brought my 3ds and my switch when I have long free periods or whatever!

Last edited:
I'm in college and I have my 3ds up here with me, I play it occasionally but it feels like I'm the only one with a 3ds here because I NEVER street pass anyone ever! I don't carry it with me everywhere but when I do have it with me while walking around campus I expect at least on tag but alas, nothing.

I used to when there was a streetpass relay point close. I'm not convinced those work anymore.

I have a really neat smallish metal briefcase that was made to hold only the DS lite. and some games and charger. I'd love a case like that for the new 3ds XL.

I used to bring my psp to college to play monster Hunter with my friends during lunch time, then it got stolen during P.E. (I.e. the gym class thingies). Then I didn't have P.E. So I started taking my new psp and my 3DS. I also took my 3DS to university as I'd get heaps of free time on certain days between lectures. There were large groups of people at university who had their 3DS with them, the people I normally talked to (I knew one of them from college) always played and talked about Pokemon.

I really like taking my 3DS around with me for spotpass/streetpass and getting the steps up in the pedometer, but I shudder at the though of taking my switch with me, unless I'm taking it to a friend's place or somewhere safe. I obtained my switch about 1-2 weeks ago and it is so precious to me D:

I'd be interested to know if anyone here actually takes their switch out with them (like all the ads for it ^-^)

Edit: just saw some prior posts of people taking their switches with them :D

Hopefully I can muster up the courage to do that some day :D

Last edited:
Generally no because I just head home when I'm not in class. I have brought my Switch to uni a few times, but it's nothing out of the ordinary because I'm in Computer Science.

Nope, I'm never going to play it so there's no point. I did however start bringing my 3DS to school before New Leaf came out just so I would start racking up play coins so I could buy fortune cookies, but it just stayed idle in my bag all day. I also hoped I'd be able to get some Streetpasses once New Leaf came out, so I continued bringing it to school. I would've bought it with me for 6+ months, and I only ever got one Streetpass.

I try and bring my Switch with me everywhere if I can fit it in my bag! I play it a lot between classes

When I was at college I'd take my 3DS there. More for the streetpasses than anything else. I'd rarely actually get it out to play on it, if I played at all it'd usually be on the bus.

Usually, no. I may bring my 3DS or Switch with me to play in between classes and when I'm walking home (I live like 5 minutes away from my University so I can just walk there and back), but it's rare when I do that and I usually have my phone to keep me occupied anyways.

Nope i'll never bring my console to a school. It will get dirty because most schools are dirty and you can get in trouble bringing one at some schools.

Back