• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Do you always donate your first catch to Blathers?

Do you offer your firstborn to Blathers?

• Total voters

Zerous

beep boop
Bells
Switch
2944-5199-8685
Lily of the Valley
Night Sky Scenery
Flower Glow Wand
Night Sky Scenery
Green Crescent Moon
Green Star Fragment
Opalescent Crystal
Enchanted Bloom
Opalescent Crystal
Green Star Fragment
I always have across all games, I've always enjoyed trying to complete the museum. New Horizons has given me the most motivation to complete it so I can see the fully decorated fish room. 🐟

Do you? And is it the same for you across all of the games you've played?

It may depend on how hard the catch was or how long it took me to find a specific creatur.
For instance ifit was sea creatures im bound to find more diving so i usually wait till my pockets are full and sell most but keep at least one to donate.
I cant remember if it shows what day you caught ut but that plays factors as well

Yes, I always donate the first caught bugs and fish to Blathers. It's simply easier to keep track of things that way, but also there are certain creatures that can be a real pain to catch at all. For example, I've literally only ever encountered and caught one barreleye in three years and across all 8 of my player characters. Imagine if I had sold it instead. No thank you.

Yes, giving Blathers the first catch was always the priority for me. Mainly so I didn't have to backtrack later in case I forgot

I have done in NL and NH cause I enjoy filling up the museum and some of them take so long to catch that I don't want to have to wait ages for them again. I don't think I did in WW though, the bells were probably too tempting for younger me!

Yes, always! After 3 years I still haven't finished my aquarium though. I think besides fossils, it's my closest to 100%

Almost ! I kept my first gigas giant clam and my first ranchu goldfish to myself because they are adorable !

Absolutely!
Of course sometimes I forget/make mistakes and then Blather's doesn't get the first one but I try.

I couldn’t care less about the museum. I don’t mind not having a completed exhibit. I get upset accidentally donating to him which in turn, made me dislike Blathers. My first instinct is to sell and get the bells. Not having WiFi when playing that game made earning bells a little more difficult. I’ll take what I can get.

I also like that the museum will keep track of the date that you donated an item, so by donating a first catch, I also get those dates memorialized eternally. And it's fun when I go to other people's islands to see that information too!

Back