• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

❄ [DIY GUIDE] Snowflake, Snowboy & Festive Season ⛄🎅 + Summer Shell Season!!! 🐚

Thank you so much for once again putting together such a helpful guide!!! This helps a whole lot and good luck to everyone trying to collect all the DIYs this season!! May the RNG be with us all.

I might have to TT for the festive DIYs. I don't want to wait until Dec 15 before I can start decorating for Christmas.

I wish Festive season would start on Dec 1, because 15th is pretty late into the Christmas holiday.

thanks man

so darn helpful like omg

anything going on on dec. 1st for nothern hemisphere?

hahah does this count now?

I time traveled to December 1st to try to get some summer shell recipes (southern hemisphere island) and no luck at all. Did Nintendo make a change to cause it to be harder to get the seasonal DIYs when you are not connected to the internet or playing on the true calendar dates for the season? I already have 6 of the 9 that I got from traders' "Free DIYs" sections last summer, but I really want the complete set.
Post automatically merged:

One tip about snow boys: They don't actually have to be big. You can make little baby snow boys as long as they have the same proportions as a perfect snow boy. Edit: The small snow boy in the image below declared himself to be perfect and gave me a large snowflake and a recipe.
snowboys.jpg

Last edited:
I time traveled to December 1st to try to get some summer shell recipes (southern hemisphere island) and no luck at all. Did Nintendo make a change to cause it to be harder to get the seasonal DIYs when you are not connected to the internet or playing on the true calendar dates for the season? I already have 6 of the 9 that I got from traders' "Free DIYs" sections last summer, but I really want the complete set.
Post automatically merged:

One tip about snow boys: They don't actually have to be big. You can make little baby snow boys as long as they have the same proportions as a perfect snow boy. Edit: The small snow boy in the image below declared himself to be perfect and gave me a large snowflake and a recipe.
.View attachment 339736
Oh my goodness, that is adorable! My heart. 😭 😍 Now we can all have happy little snowpeople families on our islands! If you don't mind me asking, can you share how big/tall you made the two snowballs for your small snow boy?

Oh my goodness, that is adorable! My heart. 😭 😍 Now we can all have happy little snowpeople families on our islands! If you don't mind me asking, can you share how big/tall you made the two snowballs for your small snow boy?

Thanks! I'm not sure honestly. I just eyeballed it. I have a southern hemisphere island, so I already went through a whole winter season. It took me awhile to be able to reliably make perfect snow boys. The head needs to be smaller than the body but I'm not sure what the percentage is... maybe 80% of the body's size or 85%? But if someone with math skills could figure out that percentage, I think it holds for whatever size snow boy one makes.

The hard part was that I would make the head the perfect size but it would get too big as it was being rolled into the body.

Thanks! I'm not sure honestly. I just eyeballed it. I have a southern hemisphere island, so I already went through a whole winter season. It took me awhile to be able to reliably make perfect snow boys. The head needs to be smaller than the body but I'm not sure what the percentage is... maybe 80% of the body's size or 85%? But if someone with math skills could figure out that percentage, I think it holds for whatever size snow boy one makes.

The hard part was that I would make the head the perfect size but it would get too big as it was being rolled into the body.
No worries at all. 😊 There are a ton of guides/video tutorials for building perfect Snowboys (normal sized). Once December 15th rolls around, I'll probably try to figure out the math so the process becomes more mechanical and repeatable. 😆

.View attachment 339736

I've updated the first post with the image you've provided. Thank you. :D

Happy to see the flashing lights will be available in the southern hemi as well. They look so pretty in the previews I've seen from TTers.

Thank you for the guide. :)

Does anyone have any idea when the Falling-Snow Wall DIY becomes available in balloons?

Thank you so much for this guide! I am trying to do a holiday-themed island hopefully and it will help knowing when to find the DIYs I need.

Back