• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

CONFIRMED amiibo pack price for UK!

EpicMeli

Bells
Small Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
User Title Color Change
This has to be a joke. Or at least, the price MUST be lowered soon??

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 11.19.10.jpg

?6.26?!

EDIT:
Just spoken to Game and it's ?5 A PACK!!! DAMN IT UK AND OUR STUPID PRICES!!!!

Last edited:
probably, as far as I know Nintendo EU/UK has yet to announce the official pricing for the cards, so any prices as of now are most likely place holders

You could always buy them off ebay, since they aren't region locked. I just brought 34 series ones {with all the NPCS for the series} for ?90. It may seem like a lot, but when you think about it no duplicates, and I made sure it had all the villagers I wanted from the series. I plan on doing that for each series that comes out as it's a lot cheaper than buying a buncha packs. {unless you aren't picky with who you get}

You could always buy them off ebay, since they aren't region locked. I just brought 34 series ones {with all the NPCS for the series} for ?90. It may seem like a lot, but when you think about it no duplicates, and I made sure it had all the villagers I wanted from the series. I plan on doing that for each series that comes out as it's a lot cheaper than buying a buncha packs. {unless you aren't picky with who you get}
?90.00?!!!!! o_O

Yup, for all the 17 NPC's and than 34 of the villagers {which included Bluebear, Flurry, Diana and Fauna the only cards I wanted badly}

The cards are the Japanese ones though which I noticed sell for more {probably for collector reasons as well}. But to me it seemed worth it. Originally I was getting 100 dollars worth of packs for my birthday next month but I'd rather have this than worry about duplicates etc >.<

- - - Post Merge - - -

But,they also sell just the NPCs and single villager cards for like ?3 for anyone seeking a specific card

Yup, for all the 17 NPC's and than 34 of the villagers {which included Bluebear, Flurry, Diana and Fauna the only cards I wanted badly}

The cards are the Japanese ones though which I noticed sell for more {probably for collector reasons as well}. But to me it seemed worth it. Originally I was getting 100 dollars worth of packs for my birthday next month but I'd rather have this than worry about duplicates etc >.<

- - - Post Merge - - -

But,they also sell just the NPCs and single villager cards for like ?3 for anyone seeking a specific card
I suppose that I can't really complain about the prices of collectable cards. I did get over half (202 of 404) of the Kid Icarus: Uprising AR Cards for free after all.

If this needs verifying for anyone. I can verify it as I know how I got them and where I got them.

Last edited:
Not really, it's Nintendo, you expect them to be free? Nope.
There not going to give away there products.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really, it's Nintendo, you expect them to be free? Nope.
There not going to give away there products.

Wow, this is absurd. Wonder what the NA price will be...for twice the cards.

Ugh, this is so annoying. The ?5 for 3 cards (and seemingly higher at many other places) will definitely be a hindrance when it comes to me buying them. I might only get a pack or two and buy the specific cards I want off ebay because collecting and trading will be too much hassle at that price.

@Justin: NA is generally generous with its prices and despite currency conversion, normally has a 1:1 ratio. I believe 3DS eshop games there are $39.99 but eshop games in the UK are ?39.99 (~$60). So I would expect perhaps $5 or $6 for the 6 cards. $10-$15 for 6 cards would match the absurdity of the UK prices.

@EpicMeli and everyone. I have spoken to someone at Nintendo UK through Ask Mii and I mentioned to them about people being annoyed at the current prices and this was the chat log.

Welcome to Ask Mii. A representative will be with you shortly.

You are now connected with Kurt

Kurt:
Hi there! My name is Kurt. How can I help you today?

You:
Hello Kurt, it is Jason.

Kurt:
Hi Jason, how can I help?

You:
I am hearing there are a lot of people that are angry with ?5.00 for a pack of the Animal Crossing amiibo Cards.

You:
Is ?5.00 the final price?

Kurt:
The price they are sold for will be determined by each retailer.

You:
What should be the realistic price?

Kurt:
There is no announcement on that yet.

You:
Why not?

Kurt:
We do not have information on why something is yet to be announced.

You:
Nintendo is a little bit slow. I am waiting for the Mr. Game & Watch amiibo to be available on the Nintendo Store still.

Kurt:
I can understand that.

You:
I hope an announcement is made soon.

Kurt:
The best thing to do is to keep checking newsletters and our website.

So the TLDR summary is... Those are retailer set prices and not confirmed by Nintendo UK whatsoever.

Last edited:
@EpicMeli and everyone. I have spoken to someone at Nintendo UK through Ask Mii and I mentioned to them about people being annoyed at the current prices and this was the chat log.

So the TLDR summary is... Those are retailer set prices and not confirmed by Nintendo UK whatsoever.

Which is baso what I said at the start of this thread but of course nobody listens to me as per usual!!!

In the UK, retailers set prices for games and stuff unlike in US where there is a set retail price for things. GAME normally set the price and other retailers have around the same. Hopefully all other retailers will go down to ?5 but I can't see it going any lower. :/

Somewhat good news - GAME have a 3-pack bundle of cards for ?12.49 bringing down the price to ?4.16 each - http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-cro...ize=40&searchTerm=animal crossing&catGroupId=

I'm also making a thread with all bundles and cards etc. with their prices so stay tuned for that!

In the UK, retailers set prices for games and stuff unlike in US where there is a set retail price for things. GAME normally set the price and other retailers have around the same. Hopefully all other retailers will go down to ?5 but I can't see it going any lower. :/

Somewhat good news - GAME have a 3-pack bundle of cards for ?12.49 bringing down the price to ?4.16 each - http://www.game.co.uk/en/animal-cro...ize=40&searchTerm=animal crossing&catGroupId=

I'm also making a thread with all bundles and cards etc. with their prices so stay tuned for that!

Why does that 3 pack say "26 Characters to collect"? :S

Ugh, this is utter bs. In Japan it's 300 yen per pack (I believe) which means 100 Yen per card, which basically means it should be about 52p in the UK per card- ?1.56 per pack. A fiver is absurd.

Back