• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

China has banned Animal Crossing

i heard about that recently.. god my heart goes out to the gamers in china, tho the bigger problem is the censorship!
Some of these CCP gamers brought it upon themselves. They got salty over "Hong Kong" and "Taiwan" listed as its own region rather than listed under China (for registering game accounts) and complained to Nintendo, Sony etc. It backfired on them with Sony, I think I read that Sony suspended its China online game services at the moment.

Yeah man I heard about this, there still will be people who smuggle stuff in and slide stuff under the table but its crazy how they are going to ban Animal Crossing, such an amazing game that people will not get to experience because of this dumb political stuff :/

Yeah man I heard about this, there still will be people who smuggle stuff in and slide stuff under the table but its crazy how they are going to ban Animal Crossing, such an amazing game that people will not get to experience because of this dumb political stuff :/

The "Dumb political stuff" that people were using animal crossing to protest was, was actual human rights abuses....

Isn't it dumber that the Chinese Communist Party actually banned AC over in-game human rights protest? Don't blame the victims (Hong Kong citizens), blame the abuser (CCP) :poop:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-48607723 -- This is quite an informative article on why the Hong Kong protests happened. I also want to add that a HK resident (not a protester) actually got killed by a HK police the same way as George Floyd... except that HK police did not get fired and he is not facing any consequences whatsoever. The government justified his action as "appropriate force". HK has became a police state under the CCP.

Back