Friday the 13th Candy
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Ancient Candle
Purple Bat Potion
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ruby
Pink Candy
i'm going to put a little carnival area with the plaza items (ferris wheel, etc) on my island. looking for inspiration! anyone have one of their own they'd like to share, or know of any they've seen posted elsewhere or on dream islands? :]
for my own, i'm looking to give it a boardwalk midway sort of vibe. i've finally cleared the spot i've planned for it, but realize i have no further ideas! 😅 anyways i'd love to see what other people have going on with the plaza items. ^-^

most recent update: https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/carnival-area.603016/post-10190226

Last edited:
256921384_265189458908743_6311228535796669354_n.jpg

257219000_265189588908730_5620095337781522207_n.jpg

The carnival area on Gilligan.

This was my second year doing a fall festival on my island. I set it up fir the last couple weeks of November.

Here’s how it turned out this year with the new plaza items:

230C8FBA-C1B4-4C66-89A8-8EF199E7B924.jpeg
522056EE-CC17-4C6F-A352-8B90BB60D2FE.jpeg

Last year it only took up the basketball court, now with all the new items I gad to clear out the public pool area.

those both look great!! :D

this is what i'm working with. the bottom is cut off a bit but that's the bottom of the area. i've ordered another game stand, too. i'm trying to figure out how to organize all the stuff in here! the clock and horse springy can be removed to make room for other stuff if needed. if anyone's got suggestions hmu! 😄

IMG_6508.JPG

Looking at all these adorable builds makes me wish you could interact with the rides in some way. I mean, I get it. They're not to scale so our characters literally cannot fit inside of them, and to make them to scale would make it more difficult to decorate and fit them onto your island. Still...

I made a fair at my beach, because I don't have any space left at my island and I just needed to have the ferris wheel and merry go round.

So it might not be what you're looking for, it's a little crowded for my taste as well but I still think its cute and I'll at least keep it thru winter because I'll make a Christmas/winter fair out of it in due time

FFSrs1VUYAUXay0.jpeg

FFSrs1jUYAUTFKl.jpeg

Looking at all these adorable builds makes me wish you could interact with the rides in some way. I mean, I get it. They're not to scale so our characters literally cannot fit inside of them, and to make them to scale would make it more difficult to decorate and fit them onto your island. Still...
ohhh, i know right! they are so cute and i wish i could put my villager on the teacups 🥺

I made a fair at my beach, because I don't have any space left at my island and I just needed to have the ferris wheel and merry go round.

So it might not be what you're looking for, it's a little crowded for my taste as well but I still think its cute and I'll at least keep it thru winter because I'll make a Christmas/winter fair out of it in due time

omg that is SO cute! ty for sharing!!

update 2! starting to arrange things in ways that i like but still figuring it out, especially how i want things customized. i love the black/white/red theme that's native to my island the southern area of my island (where this is located, a few squares up from the end of the grass) is very tropical themed and boardwalk-esque. trying to find a good mix of customizations to make it look fun but also fitting to the general theme. definitely like the classic reds of the vibrant series. i want the lighter colors of the cute series but it's also.... too pastel/pink.
i do not want to spend a million bells having cyrus customize my items over and over again. any suggestions? :]

IMG_6520.JPG

Do you have any crane games? I have all of them in different customisations at my carnival, also have some stalls customised to look like different things

Mine is all squished together. I designed it early into 2020. Think I’m now inspired to redesign it along a long strip of beach I have!

Do you have any crane games? I have all of them in different customisations at my carnival, also have some stalls customised to look like different things
i do! though i have a separate arcade area a bit down from the carnival, so i'm keeping them kind of separated for now. maybe i'll add in some of i have room for some accent :]
here’s a couple of pictures of my carnival area if you still need inspiration for your carnival area, I tried to go with the blue theme for the area.
that looks great!! i love the boardwalk design you used on the beach, too ! :]

I apologize for hijacking this thread but, how do you guys take pictures of those overhead diagonal angle shots? Has it always been part of the old camera feature, or is it new? I have never tinkered with the in-game camera that much.

I apologize for hijacking this thread but, how do you guys take pictures of those overhead diagonal angle shots? Has it always been part of the old camera feature, or is it new? I have never tinkered with the in-game camera that much.
I think it’s part of the pro-camera upgrade. If you already have the pro camera, you can press down and push left or right on the right analog stick to achieve the overhead diagonal angle.

Last edited:
Adding some rope fencing to iron fences helps make it look a bit more realistic.
C87B3455-C4FD-46C1-9F02-45821D22DCE3.jpeg

8E719EBF-DCFD-4D5B-9068-5A0F38807FA3.jpeg

Unfortunately, fences take up a lot of space. As shown with my merry-go-round, I wasn’t able to create one around it due to lack of space.

Here’s how I have the food court/ticket area. I haven’t updated this area yet with the new food items.
41787356-3EDD-4CCC-A45C-B1182A3B848F.jpeg

Back