• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Black Friday; Is it really worth it?

Is black friday worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 53 71.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bells
Arcade Tokens
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
Cake
Yup, Black Friday is just around the corner and it seems that there will be another carnage over cheap toys and other "necessities". That's the feeling of black Friday, fight your way for that one deal that's 10 bucks off regular price, amazing isn't it? I mean, you'll just be saving a few bucks, it's not like your hurting anyone!...

"The New York Times reported at the time that the crowd outside the store had been building since the wee hours of the morning; the cops were called in to do crowd control as early as 3:30. Just before 5, things turned ugly:

Suddenly, witnesses and the police said, the doors shattered, and the shrieking mob surged through in a blind rush for holiday bargains. One worker, Jdimytai Damour, 34, was thrown back onto the black linoleum tiles and trampled in the stampede that streamed over and around him."-From alternet.com

A mans life was taken away due for the sake of saving a few bucks... Quite a few innocent workers have suffered the same fate, all because of black friday. It truly is stupid in my opinion, many still continue to rampage to toy stores even though they know what has happened in the past. Is this seasonal sale really worth it?

It's served me well so I kinda like it. I also like Cyber Monday.

Got a $600 computer for $250

Last edited:
Let's say your a parent:

You go to this to get a toy for your child for christmas right? So you wanna save money and go here, chances are, the kid won't use that toy next year, and you may not even see your kid again because you died just to get him a stupid toy. So is it worth it? No, just buy that gift on another day, sure it won't save you any bucks, but it could save you your life.

I hate black friday, killing people over a gift that probably won't be used next year? No.

Last edited:
The only answer with any merit: NO.

A lot of these "deals" aren't deals you can't get any other week before Christmas, especially combined with half the coupons and specials going on. It's ludicrous and absurd to me that there are idiots who get up at 4 am for this, they're not saving money, they just think they are, and they leave a huge rampaging mess for us workers to pick up after. They're disgusting animals who don't have any self control or respect for anything. I wish Black Friday would be done away with, it's a silly gimmick and totally not worth the effort or stress.

No,but sometimes i'm tempted when i see the good deals.I just remind myself of the time when an elderly lady tried to fight with me over a $2.98 waffle iron.That keeps me from going.lol.Stupid iron didn't even cook the waffles evenly.One side would be burnt and the other side was undercooked.

I'm ok if some video game site or something has a black friday for their in game things, but then theres no risk.

In real life, poor workers don't have a choice, they have to go, it's their job, and every year they have to worry about being killed at one of these! Fighting other people for survival if you are stranded somewhere? Sure it's ok because you don't have a choice, but only if you NEED to fight you don't NEED this stuff at black friday.

My friend said if he went to black friday, he'd bring full armor covered in spikes, just to protect from the maniacs. Now shopping should not be associated with that kind of stuff, but now it is thanks to this.

I think Black Friday is a bit unnecessary. Sure, sales are nice, but people dying and fighting over items? Absolutely ridiculous.

you guys are over exaggerating this lol

Nobody is exaggerating anything. People act like spoiled little children to get their stupid flat screen TV for 50% off. It's absolutely pathetic.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and you have this: http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

you guys are over exaggerating this lol

Not really? I've never seen death in my area over a flat-screen, but people are disgusting and idiotic normally, and that amplifies on Black Friday, there's no exaggeration there. And a lot of people do get injured, that's not anything to "LOL" about. You either don't work retail or probably don't care.

Back