• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Best unusual food combinations you've tried and/or made

I used to put sour cream all over my steak. Now I prefer steak as is if it’s from a high quality butcher. Though I love to put sour cream on a ton of things so I’m not against putting it on steak again.

When I was little, I used to have those pancake and sausage on a stick things a lot (think corndog but with pancake batter and a breakfast sausage in the middle), so naturally I'd dip them in syrup. One day, I thought I was eating one so I dipped it in syrup, but it was actually a corn dog. From then on, that's how I'd eat my corn dogs! I haven't had one in a while, though.

I bought some corn dogs recently that have syrup cooked in the batter wrapped around them, they're really good :)

The restaurant by my place of work has a house sauce with a base of teriyaki and what might be barbeque sauce. It taste like a sweet Asian sauce, not like the teriyaki I've had, but has the texture of less sticky less liquidy-messy barbeque sauce. What I found by accident is that I like to dip the wings with that sauce in bleu cheese dressing🤷‍♀️

Also pepperoni with chocolate actually tastes good to me.

It's not necessarily weird, but I put Chick-Fil-A sauce on pretty much any savory sandwich I eat. I'm vegetarian, so they mostly consist of mock meat in things like burgers, nuggets, corn dogs, etc. Seriously, I'm OBSESSED with the stuff. I unfortunately only ate it on chicken back when I ate meat, so I have no idea if it would be good with other meats or not.

I also enjoy chocolate on my potato chips or fries! I saw people mentioning fries and ice cream, but not chocolate! I have this vague memory of eating brand-name chocolate potato chips as a kid in the early/mid 2000's, and I've loved it ever since.

Lastly, Nutella and cream cheese. I love it, but my parents gagged when they saw me eating it. Not sure why they thought it was so weird!

A guilty pleasure of mine is cheese kimbap.

You take a slice of Kraft Singles American cheese and cut a strip of cheese and put it on a hot bowl of white rice. Then, you take a piece of Korean seaweed laver, the type that come in the little trays and shiny packages, and wrap your cheese and rice in it. It's so simple and so good...

Seaweed (laver? haha not sure what people call it...) looks like this and usually is lightly toasted and seasoned with salt.

download.jpeg

You wrap your seaweed over the cheese and rice just like in the picture on the package! And of course, you've gotta eat it either as a snack or as breakfast. :)

Another kind of odd combo that I eat is Noodles & Company's Pesto Cavatappi with a drizzle of sriracha on the side to dip each noodle in. They actually stopped carrying the Rooster brand of sriracha in my neighborhood in favor of some off-brand sriracha and it's not as good anymore :(

I’m definitely not proud of myself for trying this, but ive eated mustard on watermelon before, just because the trend was going around and it wasnt pleasant at all. But ive eaten sweet spicy chili doritos in my mac and cheese before and it was good. Also hot funyuns with smoked salmon cream cheese.

I've always had a thing for eating crisps after a chocolate bar, the taste combo has always tasted so yummy to me.
dipping them in chocolate is amazing also 😋

my weirdest combo was cheetos asteroids in chocolate pudding. forgot to bring lunch to school one day so some very nice people gave me their extra lunch snacks so i could eat. i think i put a few cheetos in the pudding as a joke? idk haha but it was delicious and i combined the rest of them. never done that again though so not sure if the taste holds up

i dont think i have any other weird food combos. im pretty picky about food unfortunately

I don't know if it's unusual - maybe to a cheesecake connoisseur - but I love having a bit of vanilla ice cream and whip cream with new york style cheesecake.. highly recommend

My husband likes to try sour cream with pretty much anything. He loves experimenting with weird food combinations, like peanut butter and mustard on bread. He's a weirdo

I have this dish I can make called Goulash. It’s actually different from normal Goulash apparently. It’s a family recipe.
Basically it’s pasta sauce with tomato soup, ground beef, and spices, mixed with rice.
When my mom first made it, I thought it was weird but it’s actually so freaking good.
I love it.

Back