• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Best unusual food combinations you've tried and/or made

nintendofan85

Good grief.
Bells
Switch
7144-2399-2801
Green Candy
Red Candy
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Voodoo Doll
So, today, as I really didn't want to cook but have been trying to avoid visiting restaurants due to the Delta variant of COVID-19 going around, plus it had gotten late anyway (had a night class for college tonight), I just decided to throw together two separate leftover food items I had, respectively, from last night's dinner and this afternoon's lunch for my dinner tonight: some hibachi chicken and steamed rice I got to-go last night from a local Japanese restaurant, and a McDonald's Double Quarter Pounder cheeseburger with fries that I hadn't finished eating from my lunch earlier today as I just didn't have the appetite to finish it. (At more recent times lately, my appetite has been suppressed because of albuterol sulfate I'm using for an inhaler of mine to treat my asthma and seasonal allergies)

Basically, once I got back into my apartment tonight after class, I was starving but had thought as far back as when I put the rest of my uneaten burger and fries in the fridge, "Hey, why not try this with the other leftovers of the hibachi?". Long story short, it was actually amazing, and I loved it. I normally don't try unusual food combinations that much, but this time it worked. (The only other one that comes to mind is that I once had some leftover fried shrimp from Red Lobster thrown together with some leftover frozen pizza several years ago, yes this is almost always done with leftovers due to a desire to get uneaten food eaten up so it doesn't get wasted and also just laziness to avoid cooking among myself and my other family members LOL, that one worked too, but I didn't like it as much as this particular one with the burger and hibachi chicken)

What have been some weird food combinations you've liked? Do you have much experience experimenting around with combining food items together that traditionally wouldn't be seen as going together?

Last edited:
I love things like sour cream and chips. Recently I had some leftover fettucine alfredo pasta with chicken in it, and I saw a bottle of cocktail sauce nearby. I decided to pour it on the leftover fettucine alfredo with chicken, and it honestly tasted AMAZING. 😋

I don’t know if this is considered weird and unusual, but to be fair, I’ve never heard of anyone else doing this. I mix my macaroni and cheese with homestyle baked beans. It’s the best with Kraft macaroni and Bush’s baked beans, in my opinion. It’s honestly the perfect food combination for me and it’s delicious. I would recommend it if y’all haven’t tried it!

I’m normally shy about things like this, but I love having ketchup with my macaroni and cheese. I’ve been doing it since I was a kid and I still love it to this day. 😍
Admittedly I'm not sure if I could have that appeal to myself, but it doesn't sound that bad.

I don't know if it's super unusual, but I like dipping my French fries in honey. Same with if I make/have chicken strips I like dipping those in honey too, but since honey garlic wings exist I like to pretend it's not that odd... even if my friends look at me funny when I do it.

direction-pilsner-beer-glass.jpg
Assorted%20Peanut%20M&M%27s%20Chocolate%20Candy.jpg

Cold beer with peanut M&Ms.FYI: I was sober the first time I tried this.

I don't know if it's super unusual, but I like dipping my French fries in honey. Same with if I make/have chicken strips I like dipping those in honey too, but since honey garlic wings exist I like to pretend it's not that odd... even if my friends look at me funny when I do it.
I like doing this too. Back when I was a kid, McDonald's use to have honey as a condiment, not honey mustard but straight up honey. I always used that for my chicken nuggets and fries. I was very upset when they stopped carrying honey. I do use honey mustard now as a substitute but nothing quite compares to honey on fries or chicken.

I like doing this too. Back when I was a kid, McDonald's use to have honey as a condiment, not honey mustard but straight up honey. I always used that for my chicken nuggets and fries. I was very upset when they stopped carrying honey. I do use honey mustard now as a substitute but nothing quite compares to honey on fries or chicken.

This is what got me into it, honestly! When I was little I would only ever get chicken nuggets and they gave me honey one day I think? They probably meant to give me honey mustard (although I don’t like mustard so I’m not sure I would’ve asked for it - my parents would’ve ordered for me though) but I got just plain honey and it was really yummy. 🥰 I wish they’d give out just honey, still!! It’s a shame that they don’t.

Remember that honey mustard exists. :p
Edit: Now I see you don't like mustard, although I've had honey with chicken tenders before BTW, it's actually quite good! I tried it at a sit-down restaurant one time.

When I was little, I used to have those pancake and sausage on a stick things a lot (think corndog but with pancake batter and a breakfast sausage in the middle), so naturally I'd dip them in syrup. One day, I thought I was eating one so I dipped it in syrup, but it was actually a corn dog. From then on, that's how I'd eat my corn dogs! I haven't had one in a while, though.

not really unusual but apple sauce & pancakes. i don’t like to put applesauce all over my pancakes but i like to dip little pieces of pancake into my applesauce. i thought this was a normal thing but apparently not a lot of people do it.

Last edited:
Back