• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Beans' downgrade in ACNH

Sprinkles_penguin

Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Red Candy
I know this is a weirdly specific and meaningless feature in the game, but was anyone else disappointed by the beans in ACNH? Because in ACNL when beans were thrown, they would make a satisfying sound when they hit the ground, and then they would keep bouncing on the floor until disappearing, but in ACNH they don't have a sound and they don't bounce on the ground :(

I dont want to sound dismissive so please dont take it that way.

But I think the feature was so small and meaningless that I genuinely couldn't care less.
Either way the item would have been thrown by me once, and then put into storage forever.

I cant say I blame them for not putting as much effort in to it this time around.

But I think the feature was so small and meaningless that I genuinely couldn't care less.
Either way the item would have been thrown by me once, and then put into storage forever.

I cant say I blame them for not putting as much effort in to it this time around.
I bought them with no intention whatsoever to use them, same as I do for most items that show up in the "Special Items" section of the Nook's Shopping app.

However, OP, I fully understand how subtle changes like these can be frustrating.

they're adorable but i definitely wish they had more of a use like feeding the birds or even just staying a bit longer. i miss the sound as well!

TBH, this. I can't tell you what the beans were like in ACNL... because I literally never used them. I enjoyed the game fully without ever bothering.

BUT I seem to oddly be in the minority there, because I've seen this same thread multiple times on this site.

I would use them to "feed" the fish on my benches by the river or throw them at my villagers lol

Another nifty thing in NL was that they'd scare away fish without needing to be so precise with a net or run along the water's edge.

The beans in NL were a lot more interesting after the Welcome Amiibo update. Before that they were pretty useless, but afterwards you could use them to feed the yellow birds by visiting Harvey. It was pretty relaxing, at least for me. I admit I kinda miss that sort of functionality.

TBH, this. I can't tell you what the beans were like in ACNL... because I literally never used them. I enjoyed the game fully without ever bothering.

BUT I seem to oddly be in the minority there, because I've seen this same thread multiple times on this site.
I agree with you! I used them a couple times but got bored in NL, and it's the same thing in NH. They're just not the kind of item that have such a grand use, but to each their own I suppose!

Never would have I thought that virtual beans could create such debates... 😅

Personally, I never cared for the beans that much, only use them for a moment in both NL & NH until they ended up in my storage along with tons other items I bought but never really used.

I kinda agree.. I did like in acnl when you would throw them at villagers and they would make little expressions, they kinda just ignore them now which I find a little disappointing

Back