• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Barold

me expecting this to be a “i hate barold” thread: o👄o

xnxjsjsj he’s my birthday twin!! he’s not my favourite villager but there’s definitely worse things out there - and as a fellow march 2nd baby, he’s pretty chill 😌

People just hate Barold because he's realistic. They can't handle the truth. Not everyone is an adorable, cuddly animal with cute interests. The truth is a lot of AC players have more in common with Barold than anyone else!

ngl Barold kinda looked like my previous boss. Yeah, a little too realistic and familiar. :eek:

Have never had Barold in my main towns, but I specially kept him in one of my cycling towns for a while, just to spend time with him, hoping to get to know him better. Despite his looks (that tiger shirt sure ain't helping), he is quite pleasant and fun as a villager. One thing I love about AC is that villagers, at least in the appearances department, are just like what we have irl. We have the cute ones to the extreme opposite of cute, and everyone else in between. Inside we are all pretty much the same (wait, are we...? Probably not, but I'll generalize here)
If we can look past what's on the surface. Well, that's a big "if" though lol.

I think he only looks ugly when he has that hideous yellow tiger shirt on. The developers did him wrong by setting it as his default.

The thing that I don't like about him is his mouth, it looks like his lips got stung by a wasp and for some reason it really unsettles me 😅

Also the bear cubs aren't necessarily cubs right? Because then the beard unsettles me too lol. But anyway that's just me and I'm glad there are people who do like him!

Back