At what point did you consider your town "finished"

Etown20

Bells
While you can hypothetically tweak your town forever, I was wondering if there a certain point where people felt their town was finished.

Was it when you achieve perfect town status?

Was it when all of the Main Street buildings had been filled?

Something else?

I considered my main town, Sakura, finished when I had all of my villagers' houses exactly where I wanted them, I had fully decorated both of my houses, completed all landscaping and PWPs, and completed Main Street. I still have a few personal goals to complete, like getting all of the badges, but the town itself is finished.

I will consider Nocturne to be finished once I've met that same criteria. I don't intend to earn all the badges again, so it's just about completing the town with a different theme this time.

When I have all dreamies, all fruits, the biggest plaza tree, and have all paths, plants, buildings, and landmarks placed where I want.

I don't think I will ever consider Historia ever "truly" finishing. I'm always moving things around/cycling a couple villagers. I don't really forsee that stopping any time soon.

I think when it got to the point that I was happy enough with my path layout, that I was swapping the designs with the seasons - same style path, just a snow covered one for Winter etc - then I knew it was pretty much done. I had all the shops on the mainstreet by then, which also helped.

Off memory, I think I'd require these 4 things:
  • Completed Museum
  • Completed Mainstreet (Includes last Nook's Cranny upgrade)
  • Police Station
  • Café

Just some parts. Right now i'm at the point where no ideas comes to my mind.

I hate that, but still... I'm satisfied with what i have so far.

I considered my town finished when I got my dream villagers and finished decorating my island, like placing patterns on the ground. I’m satisfied with how my character’s house looks. I don’t really try to complete the side tasks like the museum.

I think I'd consider my towns "finished" when I feel like everything (houses, pwps, flowers) have been arranged in a way that just feels right, If that makes any sense. Even then I'd probably still tweak some things overtime, like item placement or outfits.

i would consider my town basically finished when i achieve all these things:

- perfect town
- all my dreamies (placed in the right spots)
- all pwps i want in my town where they should be
- overall design of my town/theme is complete
- main character caught all bugs/fish/sea creatures
- main character got all gold tools
- all shops are upgraded to the max
- main character has every single cataloggable item in game
- main character has all gold badges

im very keen on getting 100% on my towns as you can see haha. none of them are finished yet but im hoping to achieve all my goals someday!

I’ll consider my town finished when I have all my permanent villagers, my house decorated to a point that I’m happy with, all the flowers and fruit and the town landscaped, a perfect town rating, fully built Main Street, completed museum and badge collection, gold tools and all the pwp’s available to build.

Currently I have quite a long way to go till I feel that my town is fully completed but I’m enjoying working towards my goals for it.

When everything you planned your town to look like is done, plus house, villagers, and island. Also when you unlock all the stores, finish museum, all the emotes, and finally the badges. Idk if the last 2 count specifically for the town itself.

Back