• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

AMA Ask Me[ri] Anything!

What is one food you don’t necessarily dislike, but you have to be in the mood for it?
Oatmeal comes to mind—I was eating it all the time when I was sick a couple months ago and thought it was pretty decent, but I haven't had any since.

Pandemic aside, is traveling something you enjoy doing?
Not really, I'm naturally kind of a homebody. I'd like to travel to a couple of places (Japan, Scotland, maybe some places in Europe) at least once though!

I read above that you practiced in kung fu. Did something or someone in particular inspire you to start practicing?
Reading a lot of shonen manga was definitely a big motivator ahaha, but the classes were actually recommended by one of my dad's friends, which is what made us look into it. ^^

1. Since you play quite a few Dragon Quest games, do you happen to have a favourite out of all of them?
I'd have to say XI is my favorite of the series! ^^ It had an incredible story (and so so many subtle/implied details that were just 💯), I adored the party, the environment and the cinematic cutscenes were super gorgeous, and overall I just didn't want it to end. ;v; After XI, I'd probably say the Zenithian trilogy is also very high in my personal favorites, but I haven't decided what order yet ahaha

2. Do you have a favourite meme related to the series? This one is my personal favourite, and I'm sure you've been through this pain before like I did lol.
Oh yes, I know that pain all too well 😆 Ahh I know I've seen some good ones, but I rarely ever save them—I do have this one though!
choose your parent.jpg

Is there a reason why you chose Serena for your enchanted forest theme? She's one of the best characters for me.
She's one of my DQXI faves! ;v; I love her so much aaaaa
I was going to stick with my usual Code: Realize/otome "brand" ahaha, but I wasn't able to find much official art that fit with the theme (or if it did kinda fit, I wanted to save it for another occasion). Then I stumbled across this DQ Rivals art of Serena I had saved and thought it was perfect! It all came together pretty smoothly from there. ^^

i’ve actually been curious about this for a bit since you talk about finding art of your comfort characters sometimes in the “what are you happy about today?” thread — who are your comfort characters? ☺️

no pressure at all to answer if you don’t want to!

i’ve actually been curious about this for a bit since you talk about finding art of your comfort characters sometimes in the “what are you happy about today?” thread — who are your comfort characters? ☺️

no pressure at all to answer if you don’t want to!
Omg Xara I hope you're ready because I have a lot and I basically just keep adding more every time I get a new fictional crush LOL ;v; I'm uh... gonna spoiler this list for mercy's sake
At time of writing (because knowing me, there will 1000% be more in the future) and in no particular order, we have...

Arsène Lupin & Victor Frankenstein from the Code: Realize games (Lupin is actually the brunet in my current aesthetic!); Adaman from Pokémon Legends: Arceus; Akuro, Shiratsuki, & Etsuya Tokiwa from Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani; Benkei Musashibo from Birushana: Rising Flower of Genpei did I buy the game to literally only play his route? yes. will I do it again if/when the second game gets an English release? also yes; Gilbert Redford from Piofiore I also literally only played his route because I am way too Emotionally Delicate™ for the rest of these games lol; Hades Aidoneus from Kamigami no Asobi; Kiryl from Dragon Quest IV; Sylvando & Serena from Dragon Quest XI, Arthur D. Lawrence from Rune Factory 4, Kisuke Urahara from Bleach; Koby from One Piece; Masamune Date, Mitsunari Ishida, and Sasuke Sarutobi from Ikemen Sengoku; Reedus Jonah from Fairy Tail; Shinra & Chikage Rokujo from Durarara!!; and Viktor Humphries from Slime Rancher!!

Also mentioning Garry from Ib because I've never entirely worked out what my feelings are here, but I did sell a bunch of Steam trading cards just to buy his, so. there's that

if you see "edited" on this post no you don't I didn't forget to mention anybody and I am not a terrible spouse. also I'm sorry Arthur

Do you own an Ipad?? 🍎💻
My family had a shared one around the time they first released in the early 2010s I think, but not anymore. We just never replaced it once it stopped getting updates. By then I'd lost interest in the games I was playing on it anyway ahaha 😂

Last edited:
Top 3 Ikesen characters >:3

I'll go first

1. Nobunaga Oda
2. Kenshin Uesugi
3. Masamune Date c:

Top 3 Ikesen characters >:3

I'll go first

1. Nobunaga Oda
2. Kenshin Uesugi
3. Masamune Date c:
3. Masamune Date c:
culture-man-of-culture.gif

This is perfect because I have exactly three IkeSen faves ahaha
👑 1. Masamune Date
👑 1. Mitsunari Ishida
👑 1. Sasuke Sarutobi

I'm sorry I can't choose between them though aksljdfklfgms,,, it's a three-way tie for first place in my heart ♡

What is your favorite soup?
Hmm, I think I'd have to say minestrone! It can be made a lot of different ways, but I'd say that's part of the charm—I like most any tomatoey vegetable soup! ^^ I'm a vegetarian so I can't have any with meat or meat-based stock in it, but that aside I love the stuff pretty much however it's made.
My second pick would probably just be plain tomato soup! 🍅 It's simple, but good and a real classic that goes well with a lot of side dishes.

Apologies if I ask you anything that has already been asked before. Also you don't have to answer any questions you don't want to.
1: Do you know how to sew, knit or crochet?
2: Do you enjoy arts and crafts?
3: What is/are your cat(s?) name(s?)
4: How did you get into animal crossing?
5: What is your favorite villager?
6: What is your favorite special character?
7: What is your favorite Pokemon?
8: Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?
9: What type of music do you like?
10: What is your favorite movie?

Sorry if you don't like so many questions

Apologies if I ask you anything that has already been asked before. Also you don't have to answer any questions you don't want to.
[-snip-]
Sorry if you don't like so many questions
No worries at all! ^^ I opened this thread because I like to talk about myself ahaha, so thank you for the opportunity!

1: Do you know how to sew, knit or crochet?
This is what I'd consider my main artistic weak point actually—I've never learned how to knit or do crochet, and while I do know how to sew a little bit, I'm definitely not very good at it. 😅

2: Do you enjoy arts and crafts?
I do! Moreso the "arts" part, but I've been trying to improve my skills with crafts more thanks to the events here on TBT. Glue is a lot of fun to work with actually!

3: What is/are your cat(s?) name(s?)
My cats are Boo (tortie/tabby) and Rat (tuxedo)! The nicknames my dad gives them just tend to stick—Boo got hers because when she was younger she really liked to jump out at us to surprise us, and Rat was an adorably scraggly, grody little kitten who needed a lot of baths and typically looked like a wet rat afterwards. He's grown into a very beautiful little lad, but I still think it suits him. 😆
IMG-2914.jpg

IMG-1451.jpg

4: How did you get into animal crossing?
I'd heard a bit about the series online, and also that it was good for a lot of people's mental health, and my aunt wound up getting me a copy of New Leaf for Christmas back in 2019. I started it on New Year's Eve and had a lot of fun just wandering around and meeting my villagers. I wound up playing New Leaf daily for the next couple years and have loved the series since!

5: What is your favorite villager?
There's so many good ones, but I'd have to say mine is Leopold! The classy lion professor just speaks to me.

6: What is your favorite special character?
Blathers, although I really love Isabelle too! His fear of bugs is rather relatable, and I love when people get excited about their interests, so I find his long speeches about the Museum donations to be a lot of fun. 🤎

7: What is your favorite Pokemon?
I'm bad at choosing favorites, so it tends to switch between the Shinx evo line, Golurk, and Pancham depending on my current mood ahahaha. Gen IV was when I really got into Pokémon when I was younger and Shinx/its evolutions were my favorites from back then, Golurk because I've always had a fondness for guardian robot-esque characters (probably because I loved watching The Iron Giant as a kid), and Pancham is just so stinking CUTE

8: Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?
I'm an only child! I've sometimes wondered what having a sibling would've been like, especially when I'm feeling lonely, but I also know of a lot of people who really don't get along with their siblings too.

9: What type of music do you like?
Most of what I listen to is videogame soundtracks and anime openings/endings ahaha, but I think my favorites tend to lean in either rock or jazzy directions. I like classical music too! 🎶

10: What is your favorite movie?
I'm not much of a movie person, but One Piece: Strong World was really, really good, and I was practically raised on the LOTR trilogy, so those movies hold a special place in my heart too. Some of my childhood favorites are a little fuzzy to me now (like The Iron Giant which I mentioned above), so I should probably give them a rewatch sometime and see how they've held up. ^^

Last edited:
Goodness me it's been quite a while since I last asked you some questions lol

1. Could you show us a small sample of the art you saved containing your comfort characters? I notice that you mention them from time to time in your happy posts and it really makes me curious!

2. Do you think Serena is the best character in Dragon Quest XI or better yet, in the entire series?

3. Ever done pixel art? What about animation?

4. Getting any new games this year?

5. Favourite animal?

6. When was the last time you had McDonalds?

Goodness me it's been quite a while since I last asked you some questions lol

1. Could you show us a small sample of the art you saved containing your comfort characters? I notice that you mention them from time to time in your happy posts and it really makes me curious!
OH I'd be glad to!! 👀
These were the ones I was excited about yesterday, featuring Mitsunari (gray hair) and Masamune (eyepatch boy)! I haven't actually played the game they're from in about three years now, but out of all my comfort characters, the ones from Ikemen Sengoku probably get the most art since the mobile game they're from is still going! Mainly Masamune since he's always been quite popular. Art of Mitsunari and Sasuke (not even pictured agh) is a lot less common hhhh
Mitsunari 704.jpg

Mitsunari 706.jpg

Mitsunari 708.jpg

also semi-recently blessed by One Piece Treasure Cruise art of Hiyori!! 🙏
Hiyori 14.PNG
Hiyori 15.PNG

Hiyori 19.PNG

2. Do you think Serena is the best character in Dragon Quest XI or better yet, in the entire series?
Aaaaa I’d have to say that she and Sylvando share that spot! Dragon Quest has a ton of really great characters, but these two are real standouts for me. I love how sweet and kind Serena is, as well as her inner strength, but I think Sylvando is really admirable too, and his scenes almost always made me smile. They're both incredibly cool!!

3. Ever done pixel art? What about animation?
Neither recently, although I played around with both in my very early art days on old versions of MS Paint and Windows Movie Maker ahahah. Given how time-consuming it can be, I don’t really see myself getting into animation (except for maaaaybe learning to do some very simple blinking or sparkle animations 🤞), but pixel art is something I’d really like to give another go! I've always loved pixel art and it'd be a good skill to have if I ever decide to try and pursue game dev someday.

4. Getting any new games this year?
Right now I’m looking at getting Cozy Grove on Steam! ^^ Xara’s posts in the WAYHAT thread have me pretty much sold on it. Later on this year I might get Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time, which I’d say is pretty likely based on how much I enjoyed playing the original Fantasy Life, although I do want to wait for some reviews just to be safe. I’m also planning to play through Radiant Tale soon so I’ll know whether or not I’ll be interested in Radiant Tale: Fanfare when it comes out this summer.

5. Favourite animal?
I know this is a pretty standard response but I really do love both cats (including big cats) and dogs (especially Golden Retrievers)! But I always have a hard time choosing favorites, and I also really love goats/sheep, squirrels, rats, snails, and frogs! 🐐🐑🐿️🐀🐌🐸

6. When was the last time you had McDonalds?
I think it was back in 2021, and I can't say I miss it. 😅 We had a power outage and couldn't cook at home, so we decided to grab some for dinner, and it left all of us with mild food poisoning (and still hungry for some reason). It'd also made me feel a little sick (although to a lesser degree) the last few times I'd had it too, even ordering from different places, so I swore off of it and most fast food in general after that.

I'm curious because I see you talk about this often in the Happy thread. What do you like about watching YouTube with your parents? And what kind of content do you all favor that is not gaming?

Lastly... Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?

I'm curious because I see you talk about this often in the Happy thread. What do you like about watching YouTube with your parents? And what kind of content do you all favor that is not gaming?

Lastly... Any thoughts on the superb Kitakami resident who goes by the name of Kieran?
I'd say for us it's like... the evolved form of watching tv shows over meals lol, especially since none of us watch actual tv shows anymore 😂 It's a nice way to just hang out and spend some quality time with them. Outside of gaming, I'd say it's mostly cute animals or funny/lighthearted shortform content, or especially combinations of those two things! We usually watch channels like Daily Dose of Internet, KLR Productions, Jeaney Collects, Girl With the Dogs, Matt Rose, and Ryan George/Pitch Meeting! ^^

I haven't actually started playing Pokémon Scarlet yet, so I'm afraid I don't really know anything about Kieran! ;v; I'm super behind on mainline Pokémon games eheh, though the current shiny hunting event has definitely remotivated me to catch up!

Back