• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Do you have to have one or two spaces in between two pwps? And one or two spaces away from the river? Just trying to plan my campsite.

Question; So the other day, I got an amazing person to do me a QR code design for my town map. And after it was done, I scanned it and I tried displaying it on my custom design sign but the TOWN MAP QR code I scanned was grayed out? Does that mean QR codes that others made can't be displayed on the custom design sign?

Question; So the other day, I got an amazing person to do me a QR code design for my town map. And after it was done, I scanned it and I tried displaying it on my custom design sign but the TOWN MAP QR code I scanned was grayed out? Does that mean QR codes that others made can't be displayed on the custom design sign?

Sadly they cannot.

I'm putting down a campsite, but since I'm also working on a good town layout I wanted to put it in a good position, just above a path I'm making.
I want to have the campsite in a way that when there's a tent, the bottom border is going to be just above this pattern line:
kJdKsA4.jpg

But, when I see the preview, the campsite is much further away from where I'm standing:
RFzGgVn.jpg

Is it in the right spot?

I'm putting down a campsite, but since I'm also working on a good town layout I wanted to put it in a good position, just above a path I'm making.
I want to have the campsite in a way that when there's a tent, the bottom border is going to be just above this pattern line:

But, when I see the preview, the campsite is much further away from where I'm standing:

Is it in the right spot?
So you want the campsite to be exactly on the tiles above the pattern, right? If so, then no, it's not in the right spot. Try walking down a bit from where you're standing in that picture and talk to Isabelle again. If it's in the right spot, it'll be right above those tiles in the preview, too.

So you want the campsite to be exactly on the tiles above the pattern, right? If so, then no, it's not in the right spot. Try walking down a bit from where you're standing in that picture and talk to Isabelle again. If it's in the right spot, it'll be right above those tiles in the preview, too.

That's what I'm not sure about. When there's a tent inside of the campsite, doesn't it get bigger?

You can get around this. There's a pattern maker online that will allow you to change the creator of a pattern to yourself so that you may use it on your signs.

http://stitchesnstones.tumblr.com/p...-edit-acnl-patterns-on-your-computer-a-dummys

The above link will tell you how. But, as the creator states, please don't abuse this feature to claim you made the code yourself.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's what I'm not sure about. When there's a tent inside of the campsite, doesn't it get bigger?

If you want the campsite to be right above the pattern and the pattern is just a guide line, move down and stand on the pattern.

However, if you're saying you want to keep a path there and have the campsite right above it, please be aware that the campsite has a no-build zone similar to the houses. If someone is in the campsite, it will eat the pattern directly in front of the doorway.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you have to have one or two spaces in between two pwps? And one or two spaces away from the river? Just trying to plan my campsite.

Two, as each PWP has it's own zone and they cannot overlap. As for the river, it depends on the direction. One space, if the river is to the side or behind usually. More if the river is in front--this is usually because of doorways and whatnot.

Last edited:
If you want the campsite to be right above the pattern and the pattern is just a guide line, move down and stand on the pattern.

However, if you're saying you want to keep a path there and have the campsite right above it, please be aware that the campsite has a no-build zone similar to the houses. If someone is in the campsite, it will eat the pattern directly in front of the doorway.

Okay wait a sec. I'm getting lost.
What I want is something like this
XXX
XXX X = Campsite
XXX Z = Row of flowers or an empty row
ZZZ Y = Path
YYY

Even if I can't put flowers there, where should I stand to have the campsite placed like this?

Last edited:
PARANOID QUESTION ALERT
I want to maybe start cycling in the future... but due to a previous town-corrupting fiasco, I now know that the download version of ACNL is partly saved to the system memory. Does it do this for physical copies as well? Basically what I'm asking is: If I have a downloaded ACNL file on my 3ds, will a physical copy on the same 3ds corrupt or affect the downloaded copy in any way?

Okay wait a sec. I'm getting lost.
What I want is something like this
XXX
XXX X = Campsite
XXX Z = Row of flowers or an empty row
ZZZ Y = Path
YYY

Even if I can't put flowers there, where should I stand to have the campsite placed like this?

You should've been in the right place from your photo... "O" being where you were standing.

XXX
XXX
XXX
ZOZ
YYY

For some reason it's two spaces behind where you were. There won't be a flower right in front of the entrance, so if you want to put two on the side, go ahead and use those as markers, too. Move one spot down and check.

XXX
XXX
XXX
ZZZ
YOY

(You can also save before, check with Isabelle, and if you're still not sure, place it. If it's wrong, you can just quit and not save.)

- - - Post Merge - - -

PARANOID QUESTION ALERT
I want to maybe start cycling in the future... but due to a previous town-corrupting fiasco, I now know that the download version of ACNL is partly saved to the system memory. Does it do this for physical copies as well? Basically what I'm asking is: If I have a downloaded ACNL file on my 3ds, will a physical copy on the same 3ds corrupt or affect the downloaded copy in any way?

It shouldn't, as the digital saves to your SD card and the physical to the cartridge.

Last edited:
If I celebrated my birthday in-game and I TT to before my birthday, will it ask me to make another wish when the day comes or will it just be a normal day?

If I celebrated my birthday in-game and I TT to before my birthday, will it ask me to make another wish when the day comes or will it just be a normal day?

Same year = regular day
Different year = make a wish

My town tree has just grown to the point where i can sit on it and see my town history, but it doesn't mention anything about the villagers that have moved out ever moving in, or being there at all.. Is that normal? Thanks in advance!

My town tree has just grown to the point where i can sit on it and see my town history, but it doesn't mention anything about the villagers that have moved out ever moving in, or being there at all.. Is that normal? Thanks in advance!

Yes, anyone who moved out isn't mentioned. You only see when your current villagers moved in.

^^^ Andrew from The Breakfast Club gives your villagers this speech when they leave your town: "You know, Rasher, you don't even count. I mean, if you disappeared forever it wouldn't make any difference. You may as well not even exist in this village!" :(

Last edited:
Back