• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Put a design on a shirt mannequin at Able Sisters and it will spread like wildfire.

I've had my designs put up for weeks but only 4-5 villagers are wearing them. Instead, the ones spreading are those basic shirts Isabelle makes them wear when I complain.

How many days after my 10th villager moves in will someone ping me to move?

How many days after my 10th villager moves in will someone ping me to move?

Villagers can ping you to move out everyday, I?ve had a villager pinging me to move out the next day after I stopped another villager from moving out the day before.

Last edited:
Will the sapling in front of me grow? Or will it die?

CCCvoPkWEAAcqQM.jpg

Ok, so, I have a villager (Naomi) moving out on the 12th, Alfonso is in my campsite but my town is full until the 12th (currently it is the 8th, I don't TT btw) can I convince him to move in when Naomi leaves or am I doomed to not getting him? D:

EDIT: Nevermind! I won a game against him and he said he's moving in! I've heard rumours that sometimes they lie though, is that true? Will he not move in because my town is full till the 12th, or will he move in ON the 12th?

EDIT 2: Nvm! My town isn't full, or atleast I don't THINK it is. There are 9 actual ANIMAL villagers in my town, but do I myself count as the 10th? Does that make my town full?

Last edited:
Ok, so, I have a villager (Naomi) moving out on the 12th, Alfonso is in my campsite but my town is full until the 12th (currently it is the 8th, I don't TT btw) can I convince him to move in when Naomi leaves or am I doomed to not getting him? D:

EDIT: Nevermind! I won a game against him and he said he's moving in! I've heard rumours that sometimes they lie though, is that true? Will he not move in because my town is full till the 12th, or will he move in ON the 12th?

EDIT 2: Nvm! My town isn't full, or atleast I don't THINK it is. There are 9 actual ANIMAL villagers in my town, but do I myself count as the 10th? Does that make my town full?

No your own houses do not count as Villager houses, you can have up to 4 players and 10 villagers at the same time in the same town! Problem solved :D

I'm relatively new to the game so I apologise if my question sounds really stupid, but is it possible to prevent villagers from leaving your town completely? I have two of my dreamies living in my town, so I'm worried that if I get too busy to play the game everyday, I'll accidentally have them move out.

I'm relatively new to the game so I apologise if my question sounds really stupid, but is it possible to prevent villagers from leaving your town completely? I have two of my dreamies living in my town, so I'm worried that if I get too busy to play the game everyday, I'll accidentally have them move out.

Well you can prevent them from moving when they ask if they should move but when you miss that message then there is nothing to do about it.

So you'll have to play everyday if you want to make sure they'll never move? Is there any way to improve your friendship with them or something so they won't move?

So you'll have to play everyday if you want to make sure they'll never move? Is there any way to improve your friendship with them or something so they won't move?

Nope. Actually when you're better friends with them, they seem to ask to move out more (this is just a common experience with most players though). You need to check every 2 or 3 days or so to make sure they don't move or just go around and ask your villagers for rumors of anyone moving out.

If you want to take a break, there's a trick to prevent anyone from leaving during a long absence or time-travel. When somebody asks you if they can move, and you say no, nobody will move out between that day and the next time you play.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nope. Actually when you're better friends with them, they seem to ask to move out more (this is just a common experience with most players though). You need to check every 2 or 3 days or so to make sure they don't move or just go around and ask your villagers for rumors of anyone moving out.

This is also a good thing to do if you're playing consistently. Especially if you want their pictures :)

If you want to take a break, there's a trick to prevent anyone from leaving during a long absence or time-travel. When somebody asks you if they can move, and you say no, nobody will move out between that day and the next time you play.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is also a good thing to do if you're playing consistently. Especially if you want their pictures :)

That's very helpful, thank you very much!

Yeah I've had to stop both my dreamies from leaving already, even though I talk to them everyday.

Back