• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

So if I adopted a villager from another town today (technically yesterday), what time will they plot their house? Its 12 am right now, so since its a new day, will her house be plotted already?

So if I adopted a villager from another town today (technically yesterday), what time will they plot their house? Its 12 am right now, so since its a new day, will her house be plotted already?

A new day in the game starts at 6am, not midnight.

I hope that it's okay to ask this sort of question here... Recently, I visited a dream town and saw an item that interested me. I'm sure I know the name of it but right now, I'm completely drawing a blank and can't remember. It's really starting to bother me because I like the item.

So~ I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the item circle in red (picture in the spoiler tag of course)?

x2thrq.jpg

I hope that it's okay to ask this sort of question here... Recently, I visited a dream town and saw an item that interested me. I'm sure I know the name of it but right now, I'm completely drawing a blank and can't remember. It's really starting to bother me because I like the item.

So~ I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the item circle in red (picture in the spoiler tag of course)?
That's a berliner. :)

How do you get the eggs from the river/ocean? I keep only getting fish.

you just have to keep fishing in the river. you will eventually get an egg c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

how do you get better quality pictures on the 3DS? like the ones on tumblr?

you just have to keep fishing in the river. you will eventually get an egg c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

how do you get better quality pictures on the 3DS? like the ones on tumblr?

Uploading the screenshots to miiverse proves to have better quality than the usual L+R and then there's photoshop

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you get the eggs from the river/ocean? I keep only getting fish.

You can fish for them in either the river or ocean. The eggs are certain shadow size. They're not exactly big but they're not tiny either.

I started this game a few days ago, its a lot of stuff to learn this is my first animal crossing game
I got a perfect peach, what do I do with it

My question is, I'm a bit bored, so can I visit anyone's town please?

This would be a better post for the Train Station area instead of this thread. Also, you might want to post and contribute more to the forum. There may be people who don't mind letting very new users into their towns, but a lot of people also want the reassurance of knowing they're inviting someone they know from around the forum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I started this game a few days ago, its a lot of stuff to learn this is my first animal crossing game
I got a perfect peach, what do I do with it

Are peaches your native fruit (as in, the fruit that grows in your town from the start and that you didn't get from Isabelle or the Island)? If they are, you can plant perfect peaches to get perfect fruit trees and get more of them. Or you can just keep it and sell it or use it. Perfect fruits tend to give you a bonus if a villager requests the normal version of the fruit and you give the perfect one instead (and sometimes they'll request perfect fruit in general). I think it also sells for more in Re-Tail.

If peaches aren't your native fruit, you can't grow perfect peach trees from planting them, but you can keep it to give it to villagers or sell in Re-Tail, where it's going to be worth more (especially if they're on premium on that day).

The perfect fruit trees have a limited lifespan depending on how often you shake them, by the way.

Okay can someone please help me with the thumlina thing? I really want this qr code in my town but I'm soOooooO confused.

Are peaches your native fruit (as in, the fruit that grows in your town from the start and that you didn't get from Isabelle or the Island)? If they are, you can plant perfect peaches to get perfect fruit trees and get more of them. Or you can just keep it and sell it or use it. Perfect fruits tend to give you a bonus if a villager requests the normal version of the fruit and you give the perfect one instead (and sometimes they'll request perfect fruit in general). I think it also sells for more in Re-Tail.

If peaches aren't your native fruit, you can't grow perfect peach trees from planting them, but you can keep it to give it to villagers or sell in Re-Tail, where it's going to be worth more (especially if they're on premium on that day).

The perfect fruit trees have a limited lifespan depending on how often you shake them, by the way.

I guess they are my native fruit
All my trees have pink peaches on them, but this perfect one was yellow on one of the trees

I guess they are my native fruit
All my trees have pink peaches on them, but this perfect one was yellow on one of the trees

Then it's your native fruit and you can plant it to get more.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay can someone please help me with the thumlina thing? I really want this qr code in my town but I'm soOooooO confused.

What do you need help with?

Why can't I sit underneath the Town Tree and view my town's history? I can do it in dream towns but not my own!

Does it have to be fully grown? If so, how long does it take to grow? I have been playing NL in this same town for a year and 1 month now.

Last edited:
Is it predetermined what special pattern a tree stump will have? I've gotten the same pattern on one stump several times in row after cutting it down, resetting doesn't seem to affect it.

Is it predetermined what special pattern a tree stump will have? I've gotten the same pattern on one stump several times in row after cutting it down, resetting doesn't seem to affect it.

No it is random, you seem to be unlucky. I resetted for certain special tree stump patterns and it worked for me. Just keep trying!

Is there a way to influence your villagers to wear your custom designs at the Able Sisters?

Why can't I sit underneath the Town Tree and view my town's history? I can do it in dream towns but not my own!

Does it have to be fully grown? If so, how long does it take to grow? I have been playing NL in this same town for a year and 1 month now.
It doesn't have to be fully grown, but it needs to reach stage 4 before you can sit on the ledge and see your town's history. And to reach this stage you need to have played for 50 days and 50 hours.

Back