• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

View attachment 64311
In this picture, Greta has a lovely doll on her floor.
In my town, she does not have that doll or anything in that spot at all.
Now today, she asked me to get her a piece of furniture. I gave her the doll, and she was pleased with it!
I go to her again when she is in her home and the doll is nowhere to be found? I'm so confused :(

Last edited:
View attachment 64311
In this picture, Greta has a lovely doll on her floor.
In my town, she does not have that doll or anything in that spot at all.
Now today, she asked me to get her a piece of furniture. I gave her the doll, and she was pleased with it!
I go to her again when she is in her home and the doll is nowhere to be found? I'm so confused :(

Villagers unfortunately won't always place what you give them, unless they specifically ask you to replace their X item with another of the same size. If the doll is reorderable, you can send her a few in the mail and hope she puts it down where it's supposed to be!

If it can be placed on a table, that's where they will always put it. She doesn't have a table (that I can see), so she'll keep it in storage until she does. I have had this problem with Erik and his garden gnome. The only way to get him to put a tabletop item on the floor is if he has something new on the floor (let's just say a blue gym tee) and he asks me to replace that specific blue gym tee. He has table space, so the garden gnome will always go on the table in any other scenario.

Last edited:
Okay...so I removed a whole bunch of my paths, if not all of it... yet I still don't get any walking leafs spawning at all. Is it because of how many flowers I have in my town or that I have the beautification ordinance?

Maybe flowers, but beautiful town definitely won't stop them from spawning. I do have tons of flowers and eventually got one. They are very, very rare. Just try to have a few trees without flowers around the bases. Oh, and I think you have to be alone with your gate closed.

Last edited:
Maybe flowers, but beautiful town definitely won't stop them from spawning. I do have tons of flowers and eventually got one. They are very, very rare. Just try to have a few trees without flowers around the bases. Oh, and I think you have to be alone with your gate closed.

Hmm... flowers are everywhere... -_-... yeah, my gates are closed. I can find a whole bunch in my sisters town, but can never find any in mine...

If I change my 3DS' location and not language, will that also change the events in game?
For instance, if I say I'm from the USA, will I get the exclusive unorderables and events?

Can someone else confirm this?

Can someone else confirm this?
I did a few searches, but the only thing that came up was that Vivillons don't change patterns in the wild when you change it. I'll just call that close enough, and say that the answer is probably no. Your cartridge/digital game is tied to the region it was set to when you started your mayor file.

I did a few searches, but the only thing that came up was that Vivillons don't change patterns in the wild when you change it. I'll just call that close enough, and say that the answer is probably no. Your cartridge/digital game is tied to the region it was set to when you started your mayor file.

Boohoo. Since changing the 3DS' language also changes the IG language, thought it would work as well.
Oh, well. Too bad.
Thanks for the answers!

Me, again.

Can you donate something to someone else's museum? I just caught a stringfish in my second town (yay) and would like to give it to the museum of my main town... I'm 99% sure the answer will be 'no' but oh well.

i don't think so, just other residents of your town can donate to your museum

Does removing flowers off the ground (to make more ground space) have any effect on tarantula spawn rates? Need to catch one in the next week!

Does removing flowers off the ground (to make more ground space) have any effect on tarantula spawn rates? Need to catch one in the next week!
From my experience (of never ever seeing a tarantula or scorpion while my town has been mostly covered) I'd say yes, since you have more open spaces for them to spawn, you have a higher chance of them spawning.
I could be wrong, though, but to me it doesn't make sense that you'd have the same chance with one open space as your whole town being open.

Can anyone give me tips on getting a tarantula to spawn? I have tons of open room in my town and I've seen scorpions, but I still haven't seen a tarantula. I need one in the next week before it's September.

Can anyone give me tips on getting a tarantula to spawn? I have tons of open room in my town and I've seen scorpions, but I still haven't seen a tarantula. I need one in the next week before it's September.
Start running in and out of buildings, scanning the town in between. This will allow for more opportunity for them to spawn. I also heard that it has a higher chance after 11pm, but this has most likely not been confirmed. Anyway, good luck, hope this helps!

Back