• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

Do coelecanths show up at any time during a night that had rain/thunder/snow, or can they only be caught while that weather is coming down? The wikis aren't clear on this.
I had a thunderstorm today but it was early in the afternoon and ended very soon.

Uhm, someone moved into my town today (in boxes atm) and someone's in my camp too, I wanna invite the one in my camp right now, will they be able to move in or not since someone just moved in? T^T

Last edited:
Uhm, someone moved into my town today (in boxes atm) and someone's in my camp too, I wanna invite the one in my camp right now, will they be able to move in or not since someone just moved in? T^T

I think you could invite them to move in and it should work? Since it takes a couple days for them to move in iirc. Also, if you have any empty slot there's no harm in trying to get them to move in. :>

I think you could invite them to move in and it should work? Since it takes a couple days for them to move in iirc. Also, if you have any empty slot there's no harm in trying to get them to move in. :>
Thank you!! <3 yeah, i keep trying but they always say they can't leave their town atm etc. but one just moved in and i have one more slot available. i'll give it a try then c:

Do coelecanths show up at any time during a night that had rain/thunder/snow, or can they only be caught while that weather is coming down? The wikis aren't clear on this.
I had a thunderstorm today but it was early in the afternoon and ended very soon.

Only when the rain or snow is coming down. And whatever the time requirement is, too.

It must be raining/snowing after 4pm while you're fishing :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a question myself!

If I change my 3DS' location and not language, will that also change the events in game?
For instance, if I say I'm from the USA, will I get the exclusive unorderables and events?

I borrowed my partner's 3DS to play today and when I loaded the game the date was completely off (03/30/2018). O_O My town was full of weeds and I had bedhead, just as if I had time traveled. I have no idea why the date was off by so much. Is it because I was using a different game boy than I usually play AC on?

Thankfully I didn't lose any of my dreamies, but now I'm all paranoid about it happening again asdfghjkl.

Last edited:
It must be raining/snowing after 4pm while you're fishing :)
I have a question myself!

If I change my 3DS' location and not language, will that also change the events in game?
For instance, if I say I'm from the USA, will I get the exclusive unorderables and events?

I don't think so, it goes by what region your game cartridge is I believe.

I borrowed my partner's 3DS to play today and when I loaded the game the date was completely off (03/30/2018). O_O My town was full of weeds and I had bedhead, just as if I had time traveled. I have no idea why the date was off by so much. Is it because I was using a different game boy than I usually play AC on?

Thankfully I didn't lose any villagers I care about, but now I'm all paranoid about it happening again asdfghjkl.

It's probably because your friend's DS date was 3/30/2018 in the settings.

Last edited:
It's probably because your friend's DS date was 3/30/2018 in the settings.

The date on his 3DS was incorrect, but it wasn't set to the date that the game thought it was---it was actually set to some date in 2011. o: I went into the settings of both game boys and set them to the same (correct) date, now, but I'm still a bit paranoid about it happening again.

Last edited:
Nevermind, I found my answer here!

"One common problem where people unintentionally TT is when they have their 3DS clock set wrong (which can happen when the battery fully dies, it gets reset to far in the past), then the start up AC, and see the date is wrong. Then they fix it in AC, which creates a HUGE forward offset for the game."

you can show them in baskets but if they're not your native fruit, theres no way you can plant other perfect fruits trees

Thanks for the help! Sad that I won't be able to plant other types, I wanted a little perfect orchard around my house and the perfect apples are so pretty *_* but at least that settles where my cedar orchard will look nice! Thanks again :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's the most expensive you can put items up for sale for in retail? Is there a set price that villagers won't buy items above, or is the maximum a certain percentage of the original price/selling price (for example 2x)? I tried putting a few tops in there for huge amounts of money and my villagers always say it's too expensive, hah. Sorry, I hope that made sense!

Sorry I have so many questions, haven't had internet for a while so the animal crossing related questions have just kept building up!

Thanks for the help! Sad that I won't be able to plant other types, I wanted a little perfect orchard around my house and the perfect apples are so pretty *_* but at least that settles where my cedar orchard will look nice! Thanks again :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

What's the most expensive you can put items up for sale for in retail? Is there a set price that villagers won't buy items above, or is the maximum a certain percentage of the original price/selling price (for example 2x)? I tried putting a few tops in there for huge amounts of money and my villagers always say it's too expensive, hah. Sorry, I hope that made sense!

Sorry I have so many questions, haven't had internet for a while so the animal crossing related questions have just kept building up!

One of the highest I've seen is the superb coffee beans you sometimes get from working at the Roost, you can price them at around 8000 bells and have villagers buy them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can put things up for 999,999 (which is how some people transfer large amounts of bells) But yeah the superb coffee beans is the highest I've seen villagers buy things for.

I have a villager I sold but the person can't pick her up for a few days. Will time traveling backwards help? She's not in boxes yet but will be in a few days. I don't want her to be in boxes and voided by mistake.

Traveling backwards will hurt! It counts as a day forward and will make her move faster. You should play normally and if she still can't pick her up on the box day, you will need to keep setting the clock to stay on that day. As long as you don't make a mistake, you could keep her in boxes a year if you wanted to by not moving past that day.

I have a villager moving out tomorrow, bringing me back down to eight. Will a new villager set down a plot for a house the same day, or will it take a few days for the next #9 to come along? I want to reset with the new save file thing to make sure I get the next villager's house in a good spot.

Traveling backwards will hurt! It counts as a day forward and will make her move faster. You should play normally and if she still can't pick her up on the box day, you will need to keep setting the clock to stay on that day. As long as you don't make a mistake, you could keep her in boxes a year if you wanted to by not moving past that day.

You don't have to continually keep up with it, though. Like if you forget...say the villager is in boxes on the 24th. If it's the 24th, and then you just don't play at all and forget to keep the date on the 24th and it changes to the 25th, so long as you change the time back to the 24th without loading your town, the villager will still be in boxes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a villager moving out tomorrow, bringing me back down to eight. Will a new villager set down a plot for a house the same day, or will it take a few days for the next #9 to come along? I want to reset with the new save file thing to make sure I get the next villager's house in a good spot.

Plots can start appearing the day after the previous villager's house is gone, and the chance increases every day. So I'd start the day after the house is gone with a new character and look for a plot. If you don't see one, that doesn't necessarily mean you're safe. You still have the chance to get a plot if you don't save that character (so save it, load your mayor, and then delete it if you want). Continue day after day until you start with a new character and find a plot.

I read that to unlock the Dream Suite, you have to talk to Isabelle while she's sleeping. Is there a certain time she does this or is it random? I know I have the other requirements done.

Back