• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

are/were you embarrassed of your parents?

Nope, I don't see why I should be embarrassed of someone else.
Also I'm 20 so I really couldn't care less, when I was younger my
mom always tried to make me embarrassed on purpose though,
but I never did get embarrassed.

Last edited:
My mom can be pretty embarrassing, but usually when people come over to our house they don't expect how open my family is, and my "open" i mean perverted. XD But it's all of us so it doesn't embarrass us unless it's someone's first time over, then it's like woah mom, ease them into it.

Shamefully yes, I was. As a teenager at my school it was embarrassing to even admit we had parents, we just sort of appeared as super cool independent 13 year olds ;)
Sadly my dad passed away when I was 16, never got to see me go to college or learn to drive. I so wish I could turn the time back and do things different. I wasn't a terrible kid by any means but still plenty of regrets about being embarrassed by him for some of the things he would say or do in front of my friends. Whereas now I would see the funny side of it

Last edited:
My mom doesn't really embarrass me. My dad, however, all the time. He makes so many cringey jokes it's not even funny...

I was never embarrassed of them in the past; I always appreciated them and enjoyed spending time with them and could find their interests in 'new' things amusing enough (although my mom took it to dumb levels sometimes), as I've gotten older I've learned some things and my relationship with my biological family is about non-existent now by-choice, so in some negative ways, I'm embarrassed of them. Simply washed my hands of the negativity though, it's hard sometimes but I'm happier because of it.

Last edited:
i used to be bc i was anxious that ppl would make fun of me n my parents but like as i've grown older like....my mum is p awesome

yeah my mom can embarrass me sometimes by trying to be funny or whatever, but that's just her

Last edited:
I'm not embarrassed OF them but I've certainly been embarrassed by them many, many times. Eugh.

kind of? my parents are my best friends so i don't consider them 'embarassing' but the fact i'm not allowed social media can kind of be restrictive on my life and i wish they'd let me.

My mom thinks it's funny to embarrass me and my sister tbh. I'm not embarrassed by it in a bad way so much as I am amused + kinda embarrassed? Like listen imagine your mother walking around in a cat ears headband. When I was in high school I was definitely more embarrassed by it than I am now though. Most recently she was looking up pictures of my most recent celebrity crush, Katie McGrath, just to tease me basically lol. I think the cat ears thing is the closest I've come to being truly embarrassed by my parents. I mean she doesn't do it all the time but when we would go to the nearby anime convention she would wear them all day... even if we were stopping somewhere on the way there or home...

Though in elementary school my grandpa used to pick me up and he would always announce really loudly to the entire hallway that I was "making a pit-stop" (going to the bathroom), which I was REALLY embarrassed by. Though in hindsight it was probably just to clarify why he was waiting outside the girls' bathroom. :|

EDIT: Whoops, I misunderstood the title and thought it was embarrassed by your parents.

Last edited:
Not really, no. I actually work with my mom and a lot of people from my school like her.

Not so much anymore. I was when I was in high school because my dad is a pseudo computer genius/"ninja" (he calls himself a ninja) and my mom will say whatever comes to her mind so you can imagine she says some...interesting things sometimes.

as much as she embarrasses me, i still love my mom. :'D

when i was 12 years old, i went trick or treating. my mom spotted a carved pumpkin at our neighbor's house, and she went up and said "ohhh!! is that your dog?" and our neighbor corrected her and said "that's my daughter."

ahh good times

Depends on what they do. Sometimes my mom says embarrassing things, usually about me... And sometimes she likes to make a scene. My mom doesn't take crap from, basically anybody, and she has been the start of many problems for us. She doesn't know when to let something go, and she can't just insult somebody in her head or something. She always says something out loud, even if quietly. It sucks that I choose to spend so much time with her, only for her to make me regret it.

Pretty much every teenager is embarrassed of their parents and no, it does not make you a bad person (@ OP).

Then you grow up and stop caring. C'est la vie.

No.

My parents are human beings coexisting with me, learning new advancements in knowledge and technology at the same time I am, and teaching me the things their personal experiences have taught them. They have personalities and flaws and quirks and I view them as my equals as well as my wiser mentors and to be embarrassed by them would be contradictory to that.

I've never been embarrassed by my parents. I love them too much, I guess. They've been and always will be my safe haven.

Perhaps this is because I am older or I have always been an 'old soul'. You appreciate them more as you get older, mature and grow out of the child/adolescent crap.

My mom kind of starts trying too hard around newer people or people who aren't family so yeah

Also she likes to embarrass me and make me look bad in front of others even though she knows it makes me really uncomfortable and upset l o l but as long as the stranger who she's never met before is happy I guess

My family is pretty "unconventional" by what society's standards appear to be, but though we're rather reclusive and keep to ourselves, I don't believe my friends ever had an issue with them (though they of course didn't know a thing about us). Still, my mother was always trying to help me out when I had technical difficulties with people my own age, and couldn't find a gift for their birthday or whatever was troubling me at the time.

So, no embarrassment problems, and though we have our differences (not to mention communication issues, at least on my part), I'd like to think we can coexist peacefully for the most part.

ive never been embarrassed of my parents.
I love them both dearly <3

Back