• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Anyone else still resetting?

I got a decent map, blue airport, and awesome villagers but my fruit is pears... At this point I think I may just keep it...

i’ve still been resetting for two hours �� trying to get apples with two good starting villagers

Hahaha so fun story.
I reset twice and settled on peaches and unknown villagers and mediocre river inlets because of impatience.
Now I'm resetting. After getting hours in. :rolleyes:

I NEED APPLES and a blue airport and decent riverways.

Last edited:
I have been resetting for 6 hours and finally got what I wanted =) Apple, blue airport and a map I like (I was looking for a very specific map ) Glad it's over and I enjoy playing now ♥♥♥

Why?

What is the point of resetting? If it is worth is and has some benefits then I probably will too.

I resetted for an hour. just wanted a heart pond. luckily ended with apples and a blue airport. it was perfect. the lake is ridiculous but thank god for terraforming

What is the point of resetting? If it is worth is and has some benefits then I probably will too.

Map layouts, Nook placement, Native fruit, Dodo airport color - those are what matter to me but some are resetting for villagers too.

Lol I got the game 2 days early and Ive resetted for 2 days straight just to get the right airport color, fruit, and island layout. I got this combination a couple of times but with really bad villagers (I probably should have kept it since ei have almost all the villager cards, but I wanted to start off the game without having to use the Amiibo cards) Then today I finally got apples, a blue airport, and the ideal island with one of my favorite villagers, Mira!! Good luck to anyone who's resetting.

Also I feel that if you over reset it kinda killed the game for me. I spent most of my hype energy trying to reset that I don't want to pick it up anymore. Hopefully if I take a nap I'll start playing alot lol XD.

Last edited:
Anyone still resetting? I'm almost 12 hours into the process (got the game only a day ago) and insanity is starting to set in. Would love to hear I'm not the only one looking for a very specific combination that will likely need 100+ hours to get.

Anyone still resetting? I'm almost 12 hours into the process (got the game only a day ago) and insanity is starting to set in. Would love to hear I'm not the only one looking for a very specific combination that will likely need 100+ hours to get.

I spent just as long resetting. I already knew the map I wanted and got it twice early on, so I thought it was common and would pop up again soon with better native fruit, airport position and villagers, etc, but I think like 10 hours went by before I saw it again but the secret beach position wasn't good enough.

I got so fed up resetting I thought I'll just take any decent looking layout at this point, but then I thought I've not spent all this time resetting just to settle on a mediocre map. I ended up quitting for the night and felt crappy I'd wasted a whole day just resetting. The next morning I reset for another 2 hours before I finally found what I was looking for. The only thing I didn't like was the native fruit, but I just wanted to start enjoying the game finally.

I spent just as long resetting. I already knew the map I wanted and got it twice early on, so I thought it was common and would pop up again soon with better native fruit, airport position and villagers, etc, but I think like 10 hours went by before I saw it again but the secret beach position wasn't good enough.

I got so fed up resetting I thought I'll just take any decent looking layout at this point, but then I thought I've not spent all this time resetting just to settle on a mediocre map. I ended up quitting for the night and felt crappy I'd wasted a whole day just resetting. The next morning I reset for another 2 hours before I finally found what I was looking for. The only thing I didn't like was the native fruit, but I just wanted to start enjoying the game finally.

OMG that is basically what is happening to me! I got the map twice early on, one time with everything being perfect except for the fruit, but I just couldn't be happy with that. And then the map refused to pop up again and only did once in six hours and the airport had the wrong color. I just can't stand any airport color except for blue, soooo...yeah. Resetting it is. I just got up and prepare for another day of this "fun" activity. NL had me reset for over a month and it was not fun... I am just someone who can't settle for anything but the perfect map. Things that matter to me are airport color, fruit, on which side the dock is and on which side and how high up the peninsula is. And all of that on a specific map. I need to learn to be less picky, but I just can't feel happy unless everything matches.

I'm glad to hear someone else is picky, too! And congrats on being able to settle on something not-100%-perfect and getting what you were looking for in at least somewhat of a reasonable time!

No

Airport color has no affect on my life or gameplay, and it's just a single building in the town.
Native fruit may look nice on the passport, but shouldn't affect gameplay.
River outlets are the only thing to look for, and since we get to pick from 4 maps, this wasn't challenging at all.
Starting villagers all suck, but they aren't permanent residents.

There isn't too many valid reasons to reset. Since we can terraform, we don't need to look for excellent river layouts.

When I got the game last week, I was excited to start playing and picked the first map. It had apples (my 2nd choice) and 2 great villagers. The layout was open and Residential Services was in the middle-ish. I've put myself through the reset torture before in New Leaf so I didn't want to get sucked into the idea of 'perfect'.

I was also watching youtube vids of players who were TTing ahead, and my own three days of gameplay helped me better understand the new space or scope of the island and how I could potentially build it up. So I made the tough choice to reset for better non-negotiables - namely the placement of Residential Services and of the two river mouths. Everything else just isn't as essential. So although I had to sacrifice some good villagers, I now LOVE my new map and its potential.

If you have a lot of requirements, I would recommend just getting into the game for a start. Try it out for 1-3 days and see if that helps change your perspective on the synergy among the different variables that you need. It'll help break the frustration of getting stuck at the start and may change your mind on what you truly find important. Peace.

No

Airport color has no affect on my life or gameplay, and it's just a single building in the town.
Native fruit may look nice on the passport, but shouldn't affect gameplay.
River outlets are the only thing to look for, and since we get to pick from 4 maps, this wasn't challenging at all.
Starting villagers all suck, but they aren't permanent residents.

There isn't too many valid reasons to reset. Since we can terraform, we don't need to look for excellent river layouts.

Hm, I feel like some of these things do affect the enjoyment I get out of the game, though. Colorblindness, for example, makes some of the airport colors not very fun and pears can be really difficult to see on trees at this part of the year with vision disabilities. And the peninsula is just annoying, so I want it as high up as possible so that it doesn't get in the way. As for the river, yeah, that's true, but I enjoy keeping my organically grown town around as much as possible without having to reorder it later once terraforming becomes available. Doesn't feel so natural to me anymore otherwise. Not sure if that's weird...

I was also watching youtube vids of players who were TTing ahead, and my own three days of gameplay helped me better understand the new space or scope of the island and how I could potentially build it up. So I made the tough choice to reset for better non-negotiables - namely the placement of Residential Services and of the two river mouths. Everything else just isn't as essential. So although I had to sacrifice some good villagers, I now LOVE my new map and its potential.

If you have a lot of requirements, I would recommend just getting into the game for a start. Try it out for 1-3 days and see if that helps change your perspective on the synergy among the different variables that you need. It'll help break the frustration of getting stuck at the start and may change your mind on what you truly find important. Peace.
I, too, watch a lot of youtube playthroughs at the moment and that helped me a lot in understanding just how much some things matter to me (the stupid peninsula, for example...I hate how it breaks up the beach. I hadn't paid it any mind before, but now I know I need it as high up as possible so that it won't be as annoying). Villagers don't matter to me much since they're replaceable, but yeah, everything I can't change - river exits, peninsula, native fruit, airport color, resident services - just matters a lot to me and has a huge impact on how much I enjoy the game. NL taught me that, which is why I went to the resetting process there for such a long time. I feel like I'm actually not that different from everyone else, I just have more things that really, really matter to me and impact my enjoyment of the game a lot more.

I didn't reset at all. I didn't exactly know what I would have wanted to reset for, but at this point I have both peaches and a blue airport which I am very happy with.

Not sure what I am doing at this point

So I was resetting all yesterday.

I settled on a town last night. I have a blue airport and peaches, although the one thing I kind of don't like about my town is that although my RS centre is near the middle of the map, it is a little close to the beach and airport. I may forgive this as everything else about my town is pretty good, and I can build on the theme that my island is a beach town by having all services near the beach, but unsure about that. I don't really care much about the villagers that I have at the moment. I am thinking longer term about the logistics of where everything that can't be moved is.

What issue I had before about a town that I chose, was that it had a rocky beach, which made navigating annoying when I was going fishing. It created a lot of obstacles to move through.

Things I like:

1) RS close the middle of the map
2) rivers that aren't both south facing
3) beaches that aren't too rocky
4) blue airport (other colours are ugly, but open to green, but have never seen a green airport thus far although it seems a little too bright of a green to match things nicely)
5) the outstretch of grassy land that is near the bottom of the map, so it is more central
6) peaches, cherries, or oranges as national fruit

I don't want to reset again, but I kind of like the idea of having the RS right in the middle of the map. :/

Last edited:
The night the game unlocked, I told myself it would take me 2-3 hours to reset. I planned to settle on an island, so the next day, I could enjoy the game. However, I was unable to choose an island before I went to sleep. The next day, I found an island that I liked with peaches, and the airport was blue.

It began to dwell on me that I liked the orange airport the most. Without delay, I deleted my town and started resetting again. This time around, I made a tally so I could keep track of every fruit and airport color combination. It took me 88 resets to get a town that had: the river starting on the west side, the outstretch of land and dock on the east side, peaches, and an orange airport.

I almost gave up many times, but I reminded myself that this is the last time I will be resetting. I prepared to spend all weekend resetting if it took that long for me to get the perfect island.

With New Leaf, Nintendo sent out special homes for the Happy Home Showcase, and after I reset my town, I could never get those homes back. Secondly, it became rare for me to Streetpass other 3DS players, which resulted in an empty Showcase for me. I do not want this to happen to me again.

I wish you all luck with your resetting journey. Don't give up until you are happy!

I spent a lot of hours looking for a cool layout + triangle grass + peaches. Got bored and ended up getting a cool layout, triangle grass and apples.

I'm so happy that so many people also resetted a lot. And that others are aiming for blue airport + peaches as well. I first thought I wanted apples, but I really, really fell in love with peaches after seeing them in the game, so peaches it is now.
Two hours into resetting today, didn't even see the map I want so far while I see others dozens of times. No idea if there is a rarity system in place or if it's really bad luck.

The night the game unlocked, I told myself it would take me 2-3 hours to reset. I planned to settle on an island, so the next day, I could enjoy the game. However, I was unable to choose an island before I went to sleep. The next day, I found an island that I liked with peaches, and the airport was blue.

It began to dwell on me that I liked the orange airport the most. Without delay, I deleted my town and started resetting again. This time around, I made a tally so I could keep track of every fruit and airport color combination. It took me 88 resets to get a town that had: the river starting on the west side, the outstretch of land and dock on the east side, peaches, and an orange airport.

I almost gave up many times, but I reminded myself that this is the last time I will be resetting. I prepared to spend all weekend resetting if it took that long for me to get the perfect island.

With New Leaf, Nintendo sent out special homes for the Happy Home Showcase, and after I reset my town, I could never get those homes back. Secondly, it became rare for me to Streetpass other 3DS players, which resulted in an empty Showcase for me. I do not want this to happen to me again.

I wish you all luck with your resetting journey. Don't give up until you are happy!

wildbite, did you find any correlation between the "what thing would you take with you"-question and airport colors and/or fruits? Just curious!

wildbite, did you find any correlation between the "what thing would you take with you"-question and airport colors and/or fruits? Just curious!

I do not think it has any impact on your fruit or airport colors. Originally I was choosing "something to enterain" me each time but then I switched to a "sleeping bag" and the results felt as random as before.

Back