Any 'popular' villagers you just don't like?

Most popular ones tbh, just because it makes them feel less special and like they aren’t MY villagers if that makes sense. Seeing them everywhere reminds me of how it’s just a game and they don’t actually exist which is why having less popular ones i find much better in my opinion

lmao yeah I never got the marshal hype either, there's like 350 villagers and ya'll want an angry white squirrel? sure

- - - Post Merge - - -

I dislike Raymond. The hype around him is pretty annoying to me, I am not a fan of glasses at all. And lets not talk about the fanart there is out there.. No, thank you.

Merengue is decent, but I would pass on her every time I have the chance. She just doesnt appeal to me, none of the Rhinos do actually.

I also had Rosie in my NL town for a bit but boy. When she asked to move out, I let her go, because she was just so annoying..

Raymond scares me, he reminds me of every teacher in a Japanese dating sim- the fanart doesn't help either

I just got Merengue on my island and honestly, I don't like her, bc I don't like rynos. So I'm gonna let her leave when she asks, probably make someone here happy.

yes! marshal, lolly and rosie i don't like much bc they are all really boring to me imo. i also think judy and dom are hideous lol

Judy.

Her name just doesn't suit her design imo. Kind of a bummer.

Agree with this. I was really disappointed when I found out her name is Judy. I still want her though, I love her design I just hoped her name would be cuter.

---
As for back on topic, I'm not a fan of Marshal and Raymond. My boyfriend asked me why they were so popular the other day and the only answer I had was "because they look like anime boys". I just don't think they're that cute.

Most popular ones tbh, just because it makes them feel less special and like they aren’t MY villagers if that makes sense. Seeing them everywhere reminds me of how it’s just a game and they don’t actually exist which is why having less popular ones i find much better in my opinion

Most of them. I agree with CJ - villagers being popular makes them less special to me. In the past when I have asked villagers to come to my town just because I could and they were popular, they seemed lacking to me. Like I had them to impress other people rather than my own enjoyment. I prefer to build relationships myself.

Last edited:
Marshal for sure I mean like others have said I don't see the hype around him and he just seems like an average squirrel.

Also Raymond confuses me because he actually kinda looks ugly in my opinion, not a fan of smug to begin with however I don't like his color and his glasses make him look nerdy.

well I don't mean to sound like a hipster but I gotta say..
marshal is probably the one popular villager I just don't get
like with other popular villagers I'm not that fond of, I can easily tell why they'd become popular (i.e they're iconic, have nice colours, an interesting design etc)

and then there's marshal, who's just an angry white blob.
maybe the fact that he's an angry white blob is the appeal in itself?
please just let me understand you marshal
it's all I ask
he looks like a marshmallow that you put in your hot cocoa. also a lot of people wanted the furniture in his house

I'm not getting the Raymond hype. His glasses remind me of those giant, fake hipster glasses that were popular in 2012 or Urkel from Family Matters lol. I'm not interested by his design otherwise either.

yes! marshal, lolly and rosie i don't like much bc they are all really boring to me imo. i also think judy and dom are hideous lol

Oh yeah, I forgot about Lolly and Judy. Their eyes creep me out tbh and Judy looks like fanart from Tumblr when the pastel space craze was a thing 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of Marshal but I can see the appeal to him and why so many people love him. I'm not really that fond of Judy either, I just don't really like her design all that much.

bob and lolly, i don't hate them they're just basic to me and i don't really see the hype.

also i love goldie but she's not really all that either tbh

Judy also confuses me because she looks like a peppy villager, didn't expect her to be snooty

i don't really have strong feelings about punchy. i never realized how popular he was until recently.

Was never a Bob fan and have been lucky to never see him!

I don't like Goldie much either ...

Bob, Rosie and Goldie tbh. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of them and I even like them, but nothing about their designs stands out to me to make them outright favourites within their species or personalities, what makes Goldie more appealing than Daisy or Bea?

I understand disliking a villager purely for their popularity, but I do feel the majority of the most popular have more going for them than just cuteness.

Last edited:
I dont like Raymond's design at all.

And I'm not a big fan of Stitches, and the deer are all a little overhyped for me except for beau and fauna, they're cute.

Back