• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Any introverts here?

Yep. It's gotten to the point where social situations where I don't know anyone give me massive anxiety and I can't even speak to people I don't know unless they talk to me first. I don't know how I have friends, but I do. When it's just us, I can be myself easily, but if there's even one person near I don't know, I usually won't speak.

Yes, I'm very much an introvert. I find it exhausting to even hang out with people that I like, so I don't really make friends in real life because there's no point. I've had a few people try to befriend me, but whenever they want me to go out with them or do anything, I always come up with an excuse to avoid it. I mean I may like the person, but I just can't bear to spend what very little time I have for leisure dealing with other people. Then, I come home and I feel like I haven't had any personal space and I can't function at work the next day. I'd love to have friends who understood that I just want to hang out while we're at work or something, but after work that's my alone time and I need to keep it that way.

Yes and no. I guess I'm an ambivert (introvert and extrovert) now. Usually, I just stay in my home, playing ACNL. And sometimes, I'm outside playing with friends for the whole day. :] It led to some awkward times. I sometimes can't switch from introvert to extrovert so I stumble a lot with people. This led to people thinking I'm an introvert. :/

Online I tend to be quite open and friendly but IRL... I'm very VERY shy and I think that's a big problem for me.
I'd like to try and "heal" that but I'm too shy... it's annoying.

I don't enjoy socializing with people, mainly because its very exhausting. But it doesn't mean I'm anti-social or I don't like people. I think that's the definition of introvert, right? Where it takes energy to socialize, whereas extrovert gain energy from socializing.

I'm a very shy person. I have extreme difficulties making friends. I haven't made a new friend in quite a long time. I only have two friends right now, and they're both online friends. It's a pretty lonely life. I don't even know how to make friends anymore.

I'm a really shy person, but I wouldn't say I dislike social interaction. In the contrary, I love talking to people and all that. Just making new friends is really challenging because I'm really socially awkward, but even that I love talking to new people.

I'm only ever really myself and comfortable around a very small handful of friends and my girlfriend.

I just never know what I'm supposed to say to people I don't know or don't have enough common interests to talk about. I get social anxiety as well, often very self conscious that I'm going to say something stupid/wrong. It's like I don't know what the boundaries are when talking to other people so I don't want to be 'too much' and thus just say basically nothing.

I also just like my alone time a lot. Seeing my friends once a week is enough and a lot of the time even that feels like too much. I would much rather be at home on my own doing my own thing 90% of the time.

I don't even know how to make friends anymore.

You just have to follow people you like the look of until they either accept you're just a part of their life now or get a restraining order against you.

But seriously, I only know the majority of people I know through one of my friends, and even knowing him was lightening in a bottle of right time, place, etc etc. I haven't made a friend 'on my own' in years.

I have always been an introvert and most of the time I prefer to be alone in the dark. I'm not really all that good at social interaction and people give me a hard time for it.

Personally, I'm a introvert myself... But people know me more than I know them. Isnt that weird?
I happen to have very few friends, Since half the time I dont get to know people.
The forums helps me out quite a bit, but something tells me I get on way to often (the Insta-replies tho)

Is there any other introverts out there? If so, how's life like? (Doesnt have to be too personal)

Me. Introvert is my middle name, son.

Back