Animal crossing switch is happy home designer 2, Change my mind

Bandanadee0

Bells
Tasty Cake
Reasons why:
1. Only tom Nook is shown in his Happy home designer company place.
2. No one else is shown but Tom Nook which is a Icon of happy home designer.
3. I quote from Tom nook in the direct: "I've got to make sure everyone has a nice, new place to come home to when they're ready, yes?" So this is pointing to Happy home designer 2

I'm thinking they're more saying that it'll be an integration of the main series with the aspects of HHD. You'll have control over your villagers houses, and also some of the shops and other things, as well as the whole town. Which people will see and hate the idea when it's shown by nintendo, but when it comes out, and everyone see's how much it adds to designing the town and themes, they'll love it and say they can't go back to a game without that.

I don't think Nintendo would do something so insanely ridiculous lol, it would cause a revolt. If anything it'll probably be a combination of both games imo.

Just because they only show Tom Nook in his HHD company place doesn't mean automatically that
the game is Happy Home Designer 2. They could have shown Mable and Sable in their shop watching
the video on a laptop and it wouldn't have mean that we get a game where we only design and creating
clothes. I'm pretty sure it would be too much to show every single NPC in that clip, so they just picked
one and their choice felt at Nook, since he's (next to Isabelle) a very well known NPC of the Animal
Crossing Universe and also that one NPC you work the most with when it comes to your house and
such. And his line "I've got to make sure everyone has a nice, new place to come home to when
they're ready, yes?" probably means he will continue his job he had in New Leaf, like new game,
new town, new houses, new work to do. It can also means that HHD and it's features are making
a return in the main game, like how Welcome amiibo got some HHD features, the new main game
will get all of them.

Also, let's admit it: Happy Home Designer wasn't that popular and Nintendo knows it. At least the
fans want more a main game then a spin-off and making the first Animal Crossing on the Switch a
spin-off would cause a riot in the fandom and I'm pretty sure Nintendo is not interested in dealing
with angry AC fans the whole time.

Besides all this, they even called the Switch game a "new mainline Animal Crossing game"
on Twitter back then.

How confusing would it be to call the game a new mainline and then it turns out it's a spin-off.
Nintendo can prepare their butts for a big riot if that would be the case, lol.

Last edited:
Unlikely. It has been six years since New Leaf, it is a popular series, Isabelle is in Smash now too. It is time for a new proper Animal Crossing. At worst it is a "Newer Leaf" without that many upgrades on the formula, but I also doubt that.

Since they already announced it as a mainline animal crossing game, that's probably highly unlikely. Although I'm hoping there's a lot of elements from HHD in the new game such as character designing, furniture placement controls, rugs, different style houses, etc. even possibly running your own facilities.

That's not much to base this off. The video didn't really reveal anything other than confirming an Animal Crossing game for Switch is well in development. The obvious assumption is that it will be another mainline game. They have the formula and it's what would likely net the most sales. But as long as it's not Amiibo Festival 2, I'll buy it.

There have been 3 spin-offs since New Leaf (HHD, Amiibo Festival, Pocket Camp). There is absolutely no way.

This thread has made me realize that using K.K. would have been a much better idea, since he almost always is the first character you see when booting up an AC game for the first time.

This thread has made me realize that using K.K. would have been a much better idea, since he almost always is the first character you see when booting up an AC game for the first time.

Or alternative Rover, who is also a character you always see when you start a new game.

Analyzing the game based off a small teaser that was meant to not give any information about the game... I'm sure you're right.

Highly unlikely, Nintendo would be dumb to do this - and though they make some poor decisions sometimes, they aren't dumb enough to pull something like that. They know how much backlash that would cause, fans would be absolutely enraged and they would have probably ruined the franchise. Each mainline AC game has been 3-5 years apart from each other, we're coming up on the 6th year with no AC game (which is soon to end), so I highly doubt they would just go and pull something like that. Nintendo will most likely be importing the Happy Home designer features into the game, so it makes much more sense that's why he's sitting there. Think about it; we will no longer need Nooks homes if they do import the features over, so it makes sense that he's shown sitting in the Happy Home Academy. But let's also not forget the "Not real game play footage" disclosure, maybe they just figured it would be the most convenient? Many people have said they didn't even plan to announce AC Switch, so it's also likely it was just something they threw together without much thought.

they probably wont give us the option to be mayor anymore :( now we have to get real jobs

that would be interesting

It's been confirmed that it's going to be a mainline game - I'm not sure where it would say it online, and I'm too lazy to look right now, but I remember being worried it would be another spin-off and then seeing that a My Nintendo email they had sent out after the Nintendo Direct with the announcement specifically said it would be a mainline game.

I'm thinking one of the main features will be having more power over villager houses, including placement and interior design, and that's why the trailer was so HHD-like. So it'll be like having the HHD features as part of a mainline game.

It's been confirmed that it's going to be a mainline game - I'm not sure where it would say it online, and I'm too lazy to look right now, but I remember being worried it would be another spin-off and then seeing that a My Nintendo email they had sent out after the Nintendo Direct with the announcement specifically said it would be a mainline game.

Right here!

https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1040392182207864833

Happy home designer wasn't that popular. I'm sure there will be some integration in the new game, but it's been six years. It's time for a new main game. Tom Nook is just a popular and widely recognized character, and he does build the houses.

Back