• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

if it’s frosty

we were all doomed anyways 🎉🎊

until frosty comes and explains more on why dolby today i think my vote is gonna stay with tn4u
Actually I think I need you specifically to talk about how you’ve come to TN4U as a conclusion without echoing Frosty

idk i just can’t see me voting annika today as they didn’t do anything but be annika

When it got to f3, annika came out with walls of really good stuff, but it was too late by then. So i think anyone in or obs that game is like, no no, you don't understand. That's just annika. Just wait. 😅

Which sucks, because it looks so wolfy, lol.

I just checked the voting thread (kinda shocked I haven't been interrogated on my vote), and it's currently set to be a Dolby elim at 3 votes. I don't want Dolb to get ejected, they're a great player, so I'm thinking of vote swapping to try and hold it off.

i dno honestly so im glad i dont have 10 mins, trundle until recently but if i have 10 mins im still sticking with my last red list - annika, ive never played w her b4 but she seems like she's skimming by but not in the same way others seem to be . but im still kind of unsure on t4nu tho as well, they seem a bit robotic ? (but that might just be their personality and theyre not my first choice )

i also think theres mafia between dino and yoshi : )

I just checked the voting thread (kinda shocked I haven't been interrogated on my vote), and it's currently set to be a Dolby elim at 3 votes. I don't want Dolb to get ejected, they're a great player, so I'm thinking of vote swapping to try and hold it off.
being a great player and being a great player blindsighting the town into thinking they’re town and killing us all are very different possibilities

Omg. No item for dolby. But now i feel stupid for saying there wasn't a wagon. 😑

being a great player and being a great player blindsighting the town into thinking they’re town and killing us all are very different possibilities
you're right.
I have to rethink my entire plan now.
Omg. No item for dolby. But now i feel stupid for saying there wasn't a wagon. 😑
There wasn't really much Dolb suspicion today, so this wagon just began existing.

Somewhere around there?
Post automatically merged:

@ribbitribbon in voting - i thought you were kind of joking around with the dolby vote? It has unvote in it. If yes, then there were only a couple, frosty and shiny, on dolby.
I'm not on the Dolby wagon rn, I'm holding my vote over lily. I'm currently rethinking my plan.

Personally - I don't like chopping strong players early in the game.

You wouldn't want to chop a deepwolf early game?

Did frosty say she thought I was rber? I missed that. If so, weird read. I don’t think Frosty never puts teammates on her suggested wolf team but yeah she doesn’t put all of them on it

Nah. I just hope you'd flip RBer.

Please don't let a wolf live. Vote Dolby.
i also think theres mafia between dino and yoshi : )

Very agreed!!!! I still think Dino over Yoshi but I could see it being either.

Also hi Mog, can I convince you to vote for Dolby???

Omg seeing Annika vote Dolby. I love you!!!

Ok so couple thoughts -

Frosty post on dolby (can follow link to whole post) -
Anyway, I don't want to wake up early tomorrow today so. Dolby, I think your maf. Saying nothing more cause I want those sweet opinions but I hope town will join me on voting you out today.

Is there a post anywhere that gives more reasons? I saw it as an info gathering thing. But then knowing we have inactives looking for someone to vote, i can see how the wagon could form.

I'm not a fan of no reasons. Seems if enough people jump on it, with inactives that vote and dip, it's a real risk if it's not a serious sus.

But not listing reasons gives the opportunity later to come back and say - oh it wasn't serious, just looking for reactions.

But was trundle's mog thing similar? I had mixed feelings on that.

Ribbit reminded me (thx) that frosty was going after rb. Ig I'd like to see - why frosty thinks dolby could be rb? Why dolby is wolf over others? Maybe @FrostyAlmonds will make the case later.

Actually I think I need you specifically to talk about how you’ve come to TN4U as a conclusion without echoing Frosty
i went back to the more obvious zinnia wagon

>Zinnia. (5): unravel TN4U voltairenism ribbitribbon Yoshi155

and it got me thinking that there could definitely be two mafias in there that i missed

bruh i had all of the iso quotes and then my browser deleted them, sksksksjwojeowjsjsjejdj

I have the feeling she might be. Something's off about her replies.
this is to mog
Obvious town (so far):
  • Yoshi
  • Annika
Obvious mafia (so far):
  • Zinnia
  • Mog
Still have to wait and see what the others have to say.
mog is still clearly an fos
I do believe Frosty is a townie, though it took me some convincing. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to what she's had to say thus far, but at this pace, she may accidentally spew out a moment where it can be hinted she's a woof. I've got that feeling still.
i couldn’t find it after me old quotes got deleted but i think tn4u later suspects frosty suddenly

???
Mog and Unravel have been on my suspicion list as well; I'm surprised especially that Mog isn't upset about Trundle's actions at all. As for Unravel, they've been quieter than the rest, so I've been feeling a bit uneasy about them for that alone.

You seem to do a good job of calling out the flaws in ribbit's post habits here. While I'm not going to lie and say that me jumping on the Mog wagon so quick was sort of a questionable decision, I can't help but notice ribbit's decisions going much further in depth than mine. I eventually knew when to pull out and think the decision over a second time; they didn't.

I don't think Zinnia is the most wolfy now; that would likely go to Trundle. The reason my suspicion of Zinnia still remains high is because of her lack of posts. If she were explaining her reasonings more, I'd focus more on Trundle.
this post keeps every single bw option open to him
also the italicized sentence is a straight up lie

prior to this post he continued to sus mog with no hint of letting it go, suddenly he claims that he pulled out.
I'm not expecting you to drop your vote. It's totally fine to suspect someone of being wolfy because of activity reasons, but take a look at Annika, Unravel, Zinnia and Yoshi. Some of them I view as heavy town (Annika and Yoshi), others more wolfy (Zinnia and Unravel). Right now, Zinnia has not convinced me to change my mind about her because of post emptiness, while there's simply not enough information from Unravel to formulate a safe opinion on. I'm ignoring the "wehs" from Annika as it was only a small passing joke, while Yoshi seems to be very neutral-minded from what I can tell.

If it helps, I view you as the towniest of all in terms of post habits.

Could you explain how you view Trundle as more town? For me, the red flags outweigh the towny-ness of his other posts.
i will find the post later about frosty but in my opinion if you had an fos on trundle, that eod should have sealed the deal. why did he jump to trundle and mog being town
What I mean is, there won't be any definite finger-pointing until someone else is killed. Once we find out who mafia picks, then the beans will be thrown.
?????????????????????????
What I meant by Dolby being a good mediator "for the town" implied that he is town as well. Not sure why you read it otherwise.

It can and also can't be. I can see him indirectly trying to help the detective/watcher into determining who the wolfs are, but it also helps the mafia lurkers at the same into determining who to kill. Helping both sides, essentially.
??
okay but earlier tn4u said dolby could be mafia with trundle:
I agree with your stance on Trundle and Dolby; there's been some question marks regarding both. Yoshi seems doubtful to be a mafia member to me as nothing clear was shown to me thus far.
did he really just townread every person he thought was mafia without proper explanation
After getting a little bit deeper into the game, I began to realize exactly what Trundle was attempting to do (start wagons for reactions). The Mog wagon was one thing I kept having to explain; I simply skimped and did not study Mog's posts closely enough, and received some flack from a few users as a result. After going through Mog's posts after their wagon fully died, I began to study Trundle's habits more closely and came to a conclusion that, despite several iffy posts, I can't really place a major wolf read on him due to his EOD1 panic. In my opinion, I don't think a mafia member would try to deter others to switch their votes as quickly as he did.
>did not study mog’s posts closely enough
and eod panic was towny??

tn4u changed all of his views overnight and sure didn’t give a good reason for any of them. i think what’s most incriminating here though is that he was specifically willing to vote any of the bws. this leads to tn4u/radical suspicion but i will make another post

Somewhere around there?

@ribbitribbon in voting - i thought you were kind of joking around with the dolby vote? It has unvote in it. If yes, then there were only a couple, frosty and shiny, on dolby.
my dolby vote was a joke yes

frosty honestly if you want it bad enough i’ll do it for you if you can’t get into it rn

i just wanna make sure this is very imporant to happen today

Betsy’s EoD vote is weird from her: of all the people who didn’t play TBT mafia back when I used to play it, I view her as the least likely to go off the major wagons onto a vanity wagon at the end of day, and yet she did. I think it’s a really bad look if Unravel/Ribbit are v/v though I guess it could actually be teamed with Ribbit since she did say (thank you for providing these quotes Betsy) that she was mildly sus of him and I think that makes a vote on unravel to protect him look weird but at the same time I’m not informed enough on her zinnia and unravel eod1 takes. And yes I know she has said she felt off about all three wagons but at the same time I think town her knows that a wagon on Trundle is unviable and her best option at the time is to chose a wagon (almost certainly Zinnia for town!her) that does the least harm. The thing that I am actually more certain of and don’t need to investigate: this is going to come off as super egotistical but I think that Betsy doesn’t want to TR me, hasn’t wanted to TR me from the beginning, and had been wanting to doubt my slot. I think she wants to keep me in PoE and keep me out of any town core
Volt and Betsy I’m sorry I ignore your talk but getting anyone to even consider or talk about Ribbit felt like I was pulling teeth about of peoples heads. I think that the circumstances of how the wagon went down makes him less of a sure thing than I thought yesterday, but I still think a lot of what he has posted is wolf shaped and that if we exclude content that I created or forced into existence on him, he was kind of just… not exactly ignored but his slot didn’t get the attention that it should have
Ok maybe I’m wrong on Betsy wanting to not townread me, 809 is a very good process post and feels pretty pure.
Betsy 862 the hedge of all hedges on unravel, Trundle/unravel isn’t a plausible world
Betsy’s worldview in 919 feeels SOOOO OFF from the worldview she had as mayor when she caught me and Dan a year ago

All I really got from this post is that Dolby wants to target Betsy after or between getting Ribbit voted off. Yes I 100% think the Ribbit wagon was a fabrication too, I just need to find the wall.

The fact I don't see anything wrong with Dolby and these people voting him out of blue is very scary
yall need to explain esp @lily2816 which I believe they haven't state their reason yet
I swear if dolby is mafia I would flipped
Vote Count:
@Dolby (3) - @lily2816 @FrostyAlmonds @annika
@Dolby is currently set to be eliminated with 3 votes.
There are 7 hours left to vote.

Back