• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Yea it is too bad they don’t change them. It would be nice if they would bring back the prizes from New Leaf. I loved the ones you got from NL’s bug off.
i honestly don’t really care for the bug-off and fishing tourney prizes in new horizons. the only ones i really like are the fishing-rod stand and the artisanal bug cage.

the prizes from new leaf though were great! i wish they had returned as well. i especially miss the caterpillar sofa, snail clock and the jellyfish lamp. those items were so cute! 😔

i honestly don’t really care for the bug-off and fishing tourney prizes in new horizons. the only ones i really like are the fishing-rod stand and the artisanal bug cage.

the prizes from new leaf though were great! i wish they had returned as well. i especially miss the caterpillar sofa, snail clock and the jellyfish lamp. those items were so cute! 😔
Yea those are two of the items I liked as well as the backpack from the bug off. Also the anchor from the the fishing tourney.

I really liked most of the prizes from NL. Especially the caterpillar sofa and butterfly table.

The tourney prizes feel like you could and should've easily bought them at Nooklings since they look so generic. And the bug stickers just look like straight up QR codes turned into furniture. There are some decent ones, but it pales in comparison to how NL and previous entries just went let's just go wacky and zany.

I think NH is great with its designing and all, but they decided to go with too much of a 'modern/professional' approach. Like when a game goes all grayscale to shout out in the crowd in the back that they're more mature. There isn't a lot of cutesy and wild furniture pieces.

Yeah I don't understand how Kapp'n is supposed to be a likable character, I just mash B on all the boat ride scenes

Yeah I don't understand how Kapp'n is supposed to be a likable character, I just mash B on all the boat ride scenes
The reason why he's likable is because he used to take you to Tortimer island back in Animal Crossing New Leaf and you were able to see his family. It was the reason why there was online mini games. Sadly they still didn't bring that back.

Man, I just wish we could start over without losing our "achievements".

Or moreso I wish we could just change the name of our island.

Man, I just wish we could start over without losing our "achievements".

Or moreso I wish we could just change the name of our island.
The only way to save your achievements is to transfer your Resident from a different switch to a new switch, but sadly you have to be a regular Resident in order for that to work. It won't work when you're the Resident Representative.

He's crazy annoying. And when you skip his waste of a time singing, he'll give you some passive aggressive comment about not being patient. Bye af.

It still bothers me how they never fixed the airport system. It remains one of the slowest ways of visiting people's islands. The loading screens make it so annoying and of course they force you to stop what you're doing just to see someone arrive or leave.

It still bothers me how they never fixed the airport system. It remains one of the slowest ways of visiting people's islands. The loading screens make it so annoying and of course they force you to stop what you're doing just to see someone arrive or leave.
Oh my god, I've been doing trades a lot more nowadays. Also flying over to Harv's and the such and it's so bloated/convoluted. So much could be taken away just to make it easier. Like when you get through all the text to go to Harv's or the HHP island Oriville asks if you really really really wanna go?

Like yeah I do. Why'd you have to ask again. 'You want to go right now?' If I say no will you save my progress so I don't have to scroll all through that busted text again? No? Then stop asking redundant questions.

I also don't know if the game loads forever to show off the island setup as you're flying by someone's island or if it's just that bogged down that it needs that long to load, but if it's the case of 'showing it off' then it should be optional.

Oh my god, I've been doing trades a lot more nowadays. Also flying over to Harv's and the such and it's so bloated/convoluted. So much could be taken away just to make it easier. Like when you get through all the text to go to Harv's or the HHP island Oriville asks if you really really really wanna go?

Like yeah I do. Why'd you have to ask again. 'You want to go right now?' If I say no will you save my progress so I don't have to scroll all through that busted text again? No? Then stop asking redundant questions.

I also don't know if the game loads forever to show off the island setup as you're flying by someone's island or if it's just that bogged down that it needs that long to load, but if it's the case of 'showing it off' then it should be optional.
Whatever system they used I am pretty sure they realized it was flawed. Here's hoping they learn their lesson in the next AC game. New Leaf never had this issue and it was able to work just fine when playing with others.

It's kind of annoying that they won't let you choose which sideroom you want to do. It's set in stone. Like what if you just want a main room and attic? Or main and basement? All the other games let you do this. They didn't force you to go on such a rigid route. For a game that is about designing your way, it's an awful lot like 'THEIR WAY'

Also I just realized there are a few emotions/animations that we still can't do that villagers can. The broom sweeping, observing flowers in bewilderment, 'zoomies', ect. It's possible the broom is a tool you can get, but I have yet to see it, the dumbbell, or the feather duster.

Also we can't walk around with soups, sandwiches, and drinks like the villagers taking little nibbles. Nope. What is wrong with them, why did they not think people would not want to do this in a game that is mostly about visually appealing aesthetics. I'm sorry, but they missed the mark so much.

@VanitasFan26 Actually NewLeaf's online was horrid. Connecting to local and online towns was easy enough, but if someone disconnects everyone does is so archaic. This is the 2020s, we are well past this stage.

@VanitasFan26 Actually NewLeaf's online was horrid. Connecting to local and online towns was easy enough, but if someone disconnects everyone does is so archaic. This is the 2020s, we are well past this stage.
Well at least at the time you didn't have to see any loading screens and also what? How could they repeat the same mistake? I've never had anyone disconnect so I didn't see it when I first played New Leaf. I remember it happening more often on New Horizons even after the game came out.

Also I just realized there are a few emotions/animations that we still can't do that villagers can. The broom sweeping, observing flowers in bewilderment, 'zoomies', ect. It's possible the broom is a tool you can get, but I have yet to see it, the dumbbell, or the feather duster.

I haven’t seen the broom or feather duster. I do have the dumbbell. I think I got it in the mail after doing the aerobics I forget how many times.

Also we can't walk around with soups, sandwiches, and drinks like the villagers taking little nibbles. Nope. What is wrong with them, why did they not think people would not want to do this in a game that is mostly about visually appealing aesthetics. I'm sorry, but they missed the mark so much.

Yea I’m surprised they didn’t let the players hold soup or sandwiches. I am really happy I can finally hold a book.

During the TBTWC I made a bunch of custom designs for (purple) team spirit, including purple dresses, Mew and MewTwo sweaters and a Gengar sweater. I thought it would be a great idea to display them in my Able’s, and for the most part, it looks kind of cute. At the time though, I didn’t know that my villagers would wear the designs. 🤦‍♀️ Now all of my Able’s custom design slots are filled with custom designs, and the outfits always look horrendous on my villagers! It would have been great to have an option to either reset your Able’s custom design wall, or to stop your villagers wearing the design, but oh well!😅

For the people talking about the things like reactions only villagers can do I agree.
You can get the dumbbell as a reward for doing enough group stretches in a row(sorry forgot the exact amount)
The feather duster thing is a new item added in 2.0 that is a handheld you may randomly find in Nook's Cranny, when it's interacted with you can dust things like how the villagers dust their furniture, but the broom they sweep with still isn't an item we can get :(

Back