• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Abandoned?

katineko

Bells
I've been a little worried about NH being given up on or perhaps not being as high of a priority anymore by Nintendo. The game is only a few months old, and it seems to me things are already starting to slow down. I had thought that Animal Crossing was one of Nintendo's biggest titles, and am a bit surprised. I've loved AC ever since the Gamecube days, and still love to play NH, but it would be a relief to know that this isn't true. Another thing that is weird to me is that Pocket Camp is getting more content/updates rather than NH. At least from my perspective. I know a lot of us have waited for this game, so it would be nice to have a little information about what could be going on in terms of glitches, qol and content updates etc. I'm hope that Nintendo gets into the groove with NH soon😦 What do you think of this matter?

I think Pocket Camp is getting more updates because it was much easier to put together than NH - you can see that a lot of work has gone into making the sounds, the shadows, the light and small details. Pocket Camp requires less work, but I hope there'll be more NH updates in the future!

I think I’ve heard they are planning updates for 3 years (not sure if that’s been officially confirmed). There’s a lot of stuff in the datamining that suggests there is a lot we haven’t seen yet, it seems like it’s just going to be slower reveals over time.

ummm... I'm pretty sure it's not abandoned. It's only been three month. Also, I don't believe they have the greatest developers for ACNH. The initial delay was would say a lot.

Super mario maker 2 had pretty big updates and it took several months.

I haven't been playing as much as I did on release.
It might be due to me playing other games more, but I guess the biggest part is that I kinda just prefer talking to yall and socializing over tedious decorating and such LOL

as for abandoned: probably not, we still don't have a lot of events like halloween, thanksgiving, or christmas patched in yet, so at the very least those will have updates.

I agree with wanting more updates, the wedding event is lame. It was cute the first week but now its eh. I, of course, dedicated a design using a bunch of wedding pipe organs so I'm stuck just spamming x and a till I get my 11 crystals for the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I feel like they designed the game to move at a much slower pace which is okay but there is a thing as too slow

I think pocket camp is where nintendo and another company co-operate together, while acnh is mainly developed by their ac team.
Pocket camp is quite different from acnh as it is a mobile gacha game that required updates monthly to keep players returning, while acnh is a video game, so I think both of them operates differently.

Though I agree I wish we have more news about the upcoming updates about acnh. I hope we can hear it start from this week.

I agree with wanting more updates, the wedding event is lame. It was cute the first week but now its eh. I, of course, dedicated a design using a bunch of wedding pipe organs so I'm stuck just spamming x and a till I get my 11 crystals for the day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I feel like they designed the game to move at a much slower pace which is okay but there is a thing as too slow

I definitely think that COVID did ruin how this game was supposed to be. If COVID wasn't a thing and life was as it were before, then I don't think we would be thinking like this tbh.

I don't think it's abandoned, don't worry.
I watched a video not to long ago talking about the developer in a interview saying that they have updates planned for the next 3 years to come.

Found the video -

It's just about the last week of June. I'm fairly certain we'll hear about what's coming and get a patch before July 1st that will likely have the new content for the next few months, just like the last content patch.

They're definitely not abandoning it.
If you think about it, we got a few solid updates since launch already.
I specifically remember the people who got an early copy of the game asked if there were shrubs and Leif in the game to which they responded that they weren't...
Well, we obviously got them in a later update.
Pocket Camp is made by a different dev team but it's also a completely different game which heavily relies on updates to keep the players hooked. Otherwise, It's a pretty grindy game without much to do, tbh.
I'm pretty sure that we are going to be getting a July update soon enough - perhaps people were hoping for an earlier announcement but it could still happen within the next few days.

so this whole "we get update for 3 years" that i hear so constantly was from that interview which they just said "two or three years" and it doesn't even sound super certain because it's still to be developed? i-

if i see 1 more post about new horizons being abandoned or wow guys activity is really slowing down !! im literally going to cry.
why would nintendo abandon new horizons when it was so successful? do u know how well this game sold? it would make no sense to abandon it. and as for updates, be patient. they'll come out when theyre ready to come out. its been a few months since the game released, not a few years. give it time. also pocket camp is a huge cash grab, it constantly has events and stuff so the player can pay for some good ol' leaf tickets.
sorry for the rant but i just, aaaaaa.

i also didn't expect people to be complaining this much, but i also didn't expect that the game to be somewhat incomplete compared to previous installments that would have us wanting more. that's why this is such a hot topic and people are impatient. nothing is even certain as to what's coming.

but yes, y'all should be patient. if all goes south they can always release a monstrous "welcome amiibo"-ish update in a few years. no way they will just drop this game lol.

New Horizons is missing so many features that New Leaf had, when you actually sit back and think about the features from bugs making noises to the missing furniture sets and stores there isn’t muck to do. My town is currently done up the way I like and I feel most people are also content on their town so now there isn’t anything left to do.

Back