• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

A disturbing thing I found about Nook's Cranny in this game

I thought you discovered that the Nooklings kidnap and murder villagers before they "move" and hide the bodies in the shop's secret basemen-...I mean-whaaaaat?? Pshhhhhhh....you're crazy! (lolol sorry, the title!!)

I totally agree with you on your opinion about the furniture variants and such though, on a serious note. It's very annoying and feels like nothing to look forward to when going into Nooks now :/ bummer.

<----- Don't mind her, she's silly!

I really dislike this feature too. It’s usually not too hard to find someone friendly to trade with for an item, but I still get a bit anxious about it even though I shouldn’t. I always feel like I’m underpaying them or I worry my wifi’s going to disconnect and waste their time.
The whole airport thing is time consuming and annoying too. If they wanted us to trade online so badly then why didn’t they make it easier instead of lengthy and tedious dialogue.

Yeah it really sucks that this is a feature in the game. It sucks to feel pressured to get the online thing and have to trade with people. They really want their money for everyone’s online account don’t they 🙃

I’m curious if the Able Sister’s store is the same in a way. There are A LOT of clothing items in the game and there are so many that I haven’t seen in my store - yet I’ve seen the same clothing items cycled through multiple times.
So are clothing items also exclusive to certain islands?

I notice that every do often they will have rare variants. But there are definitely ones that are fixed like the surfboard, and waiting on the others to show up in Nooks and Redd takes a long time. I know I catalogued a bunch of stuff via the people on this board and will probably continue to do so in the future when I see a good offer and I'm free. It's time consuming too, but not as bad. The rarity is def a feature and not a bug though.

I'm glad they sort of tried to address this with Redd's overpriced furniture variants, but I do wish they'd left the colour variant lock on just the Nook Miles items since there are very few of them. It would've required trading but nowhere near as much as it kind of inadvertently ended up being with all the other colour variants. I spent a good 4 hours a few nights ago making my uncraftable furniture wishlist containing every colour variant of items I still need, and it's overwhelming to look at it knowing I'll have to trade for it all :)

Well, there is still Redd, the items you get from trees, the items you get from balloons and the items that your villagers will give you if you gift them stuff. They even send you random items in the mail if they like you enough...

It's not impossible to get other variants of most items if you don't want to trade, not in the slightest. Nook's Cranny has 5 random items in the shop, and you'll get a lot more stuff through other means if you play actively. It's just that you won't be able to choose what you want to pick up or not.

I do find it stupid that certain sets are not locked to a single colour though. The diner set for example will leave you with a whole bunch of mismatched items if you only get them from the shop.

That's a good question: It might be worth doing a survey about this. For instance, I find that my shop has Antique Furniture in Light Brown and Instruments in White. My airport is Orange - so if there are other players with trends like that, it would be neat to know.
My shop also has light brown antique furniture. My airport is blue, oh and when I go to redeem nook miles my street lights are green. I’ve had to exchange with my sister who has a yellow airport with bronze color street lights. I honestly see that some people have white street lights but even if you obtain from someone else a different color it won’t show up in your catalogue. So you have to continue trading to get more of the same color. Only for nook miles stuff. Once you obtain a different color from regular items it will show up in your catalogue. However it’s very annoying trying to find out who has what color.

I really dislike this feature too. It’s usually not too hard to find someone friendly to trade with for an item, but I still get a bit anxious about it even though I shouldn’t. I always feel like I’m underpaying them or I worry my wifi’s going to disconnect and waste their time.
The whole airport thing is time consuming and annoying too. If they wanted us to trade online so badly then why didn’t they make it easier instead of lengthy and tedious dialogue.
That's why I wish there was an internal mystery trading thing (obviously still has to use internet) it would make it so much easier and faster to help with filling the catalog variant items. Just throw an orderable item out there and get a random orderable one back that someone else threw out there.

wow the title had me thinking it was something creepy or like... um idk lol
but yeah it’s stupid that they made it so you basically HAVE to get the online subscription if you want all the colors of something. it’s not like it’s overly expensive or anything ($20 a year is pretty cheap imo) but it’s still annoying for those who don’t/can’t buy it.

While Nintendo Online may not be that expensive overall, it is kind of stupid to have to pay money to use your internet to play online games with others.

Even trading the furniture sets isn't a viable option, because storage space is so limited. I don't keep full sets of furniture around for trading, because I don't have the space for it.

I don't mind trading but this is horrible for people who don't have the online membership, though I can't imagine playing this game without accessing other people's designs.

I'm thinking this will be changed as the nookling shop is upgraded, but since redd sells the colors you can't get at the nooks (he says this) I doubt it.

That being said you can still get different furniture colors by balloons/trees/redd it just... isn't as easy

I've gotten a few variants from balloons, but yea... not ideal. What's worse is that the sets don't even match. One day I'll have the yellow cute wardrobe, and another day the dark blue cute bed, and another day the light blue cute vanity....so you can't even complete a full set in matching colors. Trading is almost a necessity.

I actually don't mind trading, but wish it were easier to get the items one wants. Wish their was an auction system in game.

It's not a feature I like, but they have to make some money some way. They just could've (re-)released the amiibo cards again but nahhh... let's make it difficult to get all the furniture XD

When I saw the name of this thread I expected you to say they had a skeleton hidden in there or something.

The limited amount of furniture is also quite annoying though. It isn't a problem for me, since I was going to play online no matter what, but I could imagine it really affects some other people. I know I had almost no contact with other people who played until I joined this site in 2018.

This isn't actually a new thing either, I'm pretty sure the shops have had different items based on town since the Gamecube version. It's never been this bad though.

Back