Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Candy Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Easter Bunny
banner_valentine.png

Welcome to the mini New Leaf Hybrid Photo Challenge, part of the Valentine's Flower Week event on the forums!

As part of this flower week, you can grow hybrid TBT collectibles by displaying combinations of select common flower collectibles in your sidebar. (click here to learn more!) Flowers and fertilizer can be costly though, so that's where this photo challenge comes in to help you out!

How to Play

To participate in this challenge, hop onto your dusty Animal Crossing: New Leaf game and arrange as many unique hybrid flower colours (plus Jacob's Ladder!) as you can into one screenshot. Then just type out a quick "TBT!" chat message and take the screenshot!

Once you've got your perfect photo, upload and post your screenshot in this thread to enter. When we've reviewed your photo, you'll receive bells according to the flowers present in it! Make sure they're reasonably easy to see and aren't too hidden as we have a lot of entries to process.

While there are no official 'favourite' prizes in this challenge, we do encourage you to have some fun with how you display your flowers if you feel like showing off to your fellow users!

Rules

1. Only submit one picture per person, which must have been taken by you for this event.
  2. You must have a "TBT!" chat message by your player in your photo.
  3. Bells are only awarded once per colour or special flower. This means you do not receive double bells for say, an orange tulip and an orange rose. You would only get the credit for one.
  4. Feel free to ask for assistance from your fellow forum users if you're lacking some flowers, they'll probably be happy to help.
  5. Keep posts + captions appropriate - forum rules still apply.
  6. Screenshots using the in-game L+R feature are greatly preferred, but a camera is OK if the flowers can be clearly seen. Horrible blurry photos we can't easily see will not be acceptable!
  7. Entries must be submitted before Saturday, February 16th at 11:59PM EST.

Prizes

One flower each of the following colours and special flowers will earn you 15 TBT Bells, up to a maximum of 120 TBT Bells for all eight:

• Black
  • Blue
  • Gold
  • Orange
  • Pink
  • Purple (excluding Violets)
  • White Carnation
  • Jacob's Ladder
Note that Bells are only awarded once per colour or special flower. This means you do not receive double bells for say, an orange tulip and an orange rose. You would only get the credit for one.

Example Entry

example_entry.JPG

This entry would earn Justin a total of 60 TBT Bells for his: Orange tulips, rose, cosmos (15); Pink tulips, rose (15); Black tulip (15); Blue pansy(15). Unfortunately he has no other flowers because he doesn't know how to play Animal Crossing. Luckily, he does know how to type TBT which is good as this is required for his entry!

Ok this is a long shot but does anyone remember what the last tbt event we had to take an in-game screenshot was 'cause I am definitely not opening the game to today's date

2v00awh.jpg

The best picture I could take for now! Let me know if not acceptable and I’ll try with a better one :)
Off sorry for the messy ugly paths thrown out.
Should have all the combinations.

Last edited:
Here's mine. There's a message spelled out as well. c:
HNI_0091.JPG

HNI_0097.JPGHNI_0092.JPG
HNI_0089.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my entry!
Every flower listed is there!
db132bcb-9141-4e67-9ed8-09dae204b428.jpg
(It's in a heart because I'm extra lol)

How do I post a pic here without taking out the sd card?

I use the 3DS image uploader and Twitter. Facebook apparently also works, but I haven't tried that. You access it with the square orange/yellow button in the bottom right corner of the touchscreen while playing New Leaf.

20190210_161942.jpg

pls tell me if the flowers' colors arent too obv ^^;; it was midnight in-game for me, and i didnt wanna retrigger my game's time n just made a new chara =cant change time fjfjf
ill retake it if ever this isnt acceptible for any of em!
(also, if anyone would ever need any flower-lends, feel free to drop me a PM! ^^ i wouldnt mind lending a full set to help sm1 out)

If you don't seem to figure out how, I'm always willing to visit you + take a picture + upload it and give you the link to it. Message me if you need that.

However. Here's my entry! Hope I did it right;

YnAFmdK.jpg
Pretty sure there was a rule against that, for this event, but thank you anyway. Also never did bother with twitter or facebook.

^also wanna ask if having them in ur house counts, jic my entry isnt acceptable bc colors arent too clear (and i dont get to catch my town in proper time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back