• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The (Unofficial) TBTF 2018 - Closing Ceremonies

cornimer

grab acorns 'til you're delirious
Bells
Island
Crayola
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Green Balloon
Pink Balloon
Space Whale Plush
Splat Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Kaleidoclover
Flower Glow Wand
INTRODUCTION
Welcome to the Unofficial TBTF 2018. You may think TBTF stands for "The Bell Tree Fair". Well, normally it does, but that hasn't happened yet, so now it stands for "The Beloved Tad Fest", or just Tadfest for short. This will be a week along event with the chance to win very small amounts of bells or "collectibles" (that I'm making in Microsoft paint). Really it's just for fun, so like don't put a lot of effort into it if you're going to be salty about not getting a legit prize.

THE EVENTS
I don't know how many people are actually going to participate in this, so to start, we will have four events.
  1. Tad Photo Challenge. You must take a photo in New Leaf or Pocket Camp that has Tad in it and give it a caption. Participation prize is 5 bells, winner(s?) get a collectible prize
  2. Jar Guessing Self explanatory, guess the number of candies in the "jar". Pictures are in a spoiler at the bottom of this post. If a lot a lot of people participate, I might make two jars. Whoever comes the closest gets a collectible prize.
  3. Tad Art Contest Make some kind of art (traditional or digital) that features Tad or anything frog related. Participation pize is 15 bells, winner(s?) get a collectible prize
  4. Tad Writing Contest Write a poem or short story (keep it PG) that includes Tad in it. Participation prize is 15 bells, winner(s?) get a collectible prize

FAQ (Fortunately Anticipated Questions)
Is this authorized?
Nope, this is not authorized in any way. The staff has nothing to do with it. Staff, if you are not ok with it, I apologize.

Does this mean there is no actual TBT fair?
I don't know for sure, but since it hasn't happened yet I just wanted to do something fun.

Why is the participation amount so small?
Because if a lot of people end up participating I don't want to go broke

Will you add more events?
If it gets really popular, and people request more events, maybe

When does the festival end/when will prizes be sent out?
All entries must be submitted by Friday, August 31 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. Participation bells/prizes will be distributed on the weekend after.

Where do I enter?
You can submit entries for all contests in this thread except for the guessing game. PM your guesses to me. Once you guess, you can't change it.

What are the collectible prizes?
If you win a contest, I will make a "collectible" for you of any villager you want. You can put it in your signature or something, idk. I will be using Microsoft paint and I'm terrible at art, so don't expect anything actually good.

When does TadFest start?
Right now!

Who is Tad?/Why Tad?
Tad is an Animal Crossing jock villager featured in Population Growing, New Leaf (Welcome Amiibo) and Pocket Camp. He is the ruler of the world and of my heart.

Do you have nothing better to do with your life?

I have two jobs actually, but I just wanted to try doing something fun.

JAR GUESSING PICTURES

[SPOILER="Jar" pictures:]

[/SPOILER]

Please PM me your guesses and do not say them in the thread.

Last edited:
I just realized... why isn’t Tad in my town? I’m half jock/half weeb, so by personality he should be living in Port as well. What have I done with my villager selection? xD

Anyway, this is great. Thanks for hosting this. :)

Do we have to pm you anything else or just the jar guesses?

Yes as Pokeclasher said, just the jar guesses. Any other entries can be posted in this thread :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized... why isn’t Tad in my town? I’m half jock/half weeb, so by personality he should be living in Port as well. What have I done with my villager selection? xD

Anyway, this is great. Thanks for hosting this. :)

You should definitely get Tad in your town :cool: and I'm glad people are liking this!

Ok and I have one more question, is it one entry per person per event, or can we make as many entries as we want?

Back