• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ZR's/Caius's Galleria of Stuff: See last page for updates

What is 3d model gfx?

Btw, why is the restriction of being 15+ years old? And hardship? Just curiosity xd

GFX is graphics editing like signature making. 3D models are made with modeling software like a 3D sculpture.

I'm lax on allowing people under 15 in to this because most people that are of that age or younger are supported by their family, while many over that age are not. The hardship part of this is basically "this life situation is preventing me from being able to do something for myself or others for the holiday." So this is basically a chance for someone to get something for their Christmas, or something for them to pass on to someone they care about where usually they wouldn't have the means to.

Yes. some entries could be of a personal nature, therefore I'd rather them pmd to me in respect for privacy.

Hardship I would guess because it's a free piece of personalized art for somebody who's having a rough time this Holiday season to give them a little joy, rather than the 12 year old who's getting everything they wanted this Christmas and their only hardship is that they didn't receive the new CoD so now their "life is over. You're the worst parents ever!"

- - - Post Merge - - -

I dunno, I guess I have 'hardship' in the sense that I've lost my job two weeks ago and will probably end up back on the horrible benefit system soon. I live with family still which takes a lot of the strain away financially (since they cover most of the bills) but I'm still self reliant when it comes to feeding myself and other 'supporting myself' type things, as well as household tasks (I may as well live on my own, if I could afford the bills)...Not really looking forward to the diet of cheap noodles I'll likely end up on.

I'm pretty sure others have it way worse though so as nice as it sounds...I think I would feel pretty bad if I got a free gift over somebody else who more than likely feels worse this Christmas...As well as me not being a member for 5 months xD

Hmm. All things considered I'll accept your submission. I'm all in favor of bending some rules here and there if necessary, and you're definitely sounding like you could use a pick me up in any case :) Is there anything you'd specifically want drawn/painted for you should you win?

y2ApKiC.jpg

HA HA OOPS MY HAND SLIPPED SILLY ME

Started playing with the animation timeline in photoshop cs6. Honestly I'm super impressed with it.

GVn5atG.jpg

Base texture added. 4 hour render for light linking. Removed detail from shade and lamp pulls for render time.

Edit:
Also did a bunny hood from smash

ZfHJ2sf.jpg

Last edited:

I'm about to hop on maya and do some modeling. Feel free to drop in. If you don't like the music I'll be not using my mic unless requested. Feel free to mute it.

I'm watching you now. I'm not sure if it's some kind of repeat, though. I'm not all that familiar with Ustream. Either way, great model!

Back