• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your safeplace?

sock

beth
Bells
Switch
4567-9623-5596
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Blue Mote of Flame
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Cake
So, I saw the 'I prefer my cave' thread by Dilute, and I just thought:

For some/most of us, we also have places that aren't our rooms/houses.

Basically, where do you feel most comfortable? It can be a website, person, pet, place (outside for example), anything really.

I suppose I have a lot of safeplaces. One of them is definitely here. Another would be my bookish Instagram & Tumblr., on The Quiet Place or on www.jvgs.net. And with my boyfriend, my guinea pig, friends & family. If your looking for a place, I'd say North Wales. It feels like home. But also, my room is definitely a safeplace.

I prefer my cave!

Last edited:
Man I'm so inspirational, makes me feel really cool :cool: Made my day haha, thank you :')

On the internet, it's pretty much just here, really. I venture out on reddit or any other site like tumblr and I'm scared to post on there sometimes. Other than that, it's just my room, really.

My tumblr is such a place for me. I'm like a little packrat on my tumblr and collect things that make me feel good, and store them all there. Then, when I'm needing to, I'll go back there and browse through everything and it'll put me at peace.

I had a place, but it's since fallen apart. Quite literally.

There's this secluded beach about a 10 minute walk from my parents house, way off from the actual town seafront (where the tourists flocked to prior to the recession), which is really only known to the locals. It's basically abandoned now but a long long time ago a ferry service used to run here. But now the pier has rotted and much of it has collapsed into the water. Back in autumn 2013, I shot a few scenes for a short pro-euthanasia film there. I later got sick in the December. I was sick for months and couldn't really walk well and my motivation for creative work was dead. While recovering, I used to go for a walk each day in summer 2014 to that beach in hopes of trying to improve my balance and ability to walk - and I'd hoped it would motivate me to want to finish up the post-production work on my film and work on new creative projects. I would go there nearly daily, rain or shine, and sit down there on a buoy for anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours a day just listening to music and/or scribbling in a notebook. Before I moved away from the town last September, I visited it one last time the day before I was due to move.

This summer I went down there again at the start of July to see it, to find that the winter had completely destroyed what was left of the area. The place I used to sit down had crumbled and joined the already existing mound of debris that lines the beach. Even more of the pier had fallen into the water. When I walked along the path I tried to find the rocks I used to climb down to get onto the beach itself, but they'd all been tossed around and shifted and I couldn't find a way down anymore.

I'd always hated living in this town and it was the one place I actually missed when I moved away. Seeing it destroyed was devastating.

Last edited:
The instrument shop where I take guitar lessons. When I'm there with my teacher and my guitar, I just focus on the music, and all my worries seem to disappear.

Man I'm so inspirational, makes me feel really cool :cool: Made my day haha, thank you :')
You are :p No, thank you! You're such an asset to this forum. I'm always happy just to see you around! :)

I had a place, but it's since fallen apart. Quite literally.

There's this secluded beach about a 10 minute walk from my parents house, way off from the actual town seafront (where the tourists flocked to prior to the recession), which is really only known to the locals. It's basically abandoned now but a long long time ago a ferry service used to run here. But now the pier has rotted and much of it has collapsed into the water. Back in autumn 2013, I shot a few scenes for a short pro-euthanasia film there. I later got sick in the December. I was sick for months and couldn't really walk well and my motivation for creative work was dead. While recovering, I used to go for a walk each day in summer 2014 to that beach in hopes of trying to improve my balance and ability to walk - and I'd hoped it would motivate me to want to finish up the post-production work on my film and work on new creative projects. I would go there nearly daily, rain or shine, and sit down there on a buoy for anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours a day just listening to music and/or scribbling in a notebook. Before I moved away from the town last September, I visited it one last time the day before I was due to move.

This summer I went down there again at the start of July to see it, to find that the winter had completely destroyed what was left of the area. The place I used to sit down had crumbled and joined the already existing mound of debris that lines the beach. Even more of the pier had fallen into the water. When I walked along the path I tried to find the rocks I used to climb down to get onto the beach itself, but they'd all been tossed around and shifted and I couldn't find a way down anymore.

I'd always hated living in this town and it was the one place I actually missed when I moved away. Seeing it destroyed was devastating.
Wow, Tina! Made my day to see you on my thread :)

But that's really sad :( It sounds like a beautiful place, and I can relate. One of my safeplaces is a beach in North Wales, and since I was little it's become so popular, it's just not the same anymore.

Last edited:
My safeplace is my bedroom when I'm at home. Otherwise it's up at my cottage. I could just stay there forever. It never fails to put me in a good mood. :)

My safe place is my garden. I've worked on it for over ten years and it's beauty sometimes takes my breath away. My daughter planted some wild flower seeds in this one area in the spring, and it looks fantasic.I wish I didn't have to work so I could be there more often.

in bed under my covers.
internet-wise, i rarely venture off of tumblr and flight rising. when i get anxious i like to check my tumblr and explore flight rising's forums, its strangely calming. i guess because fr's community is so nice, and i follow some anxiety self-help blogs on tumblr.

I think for most of us we feel safe being part of a community (at least I do, anyway). That's why I love it so much on here :)

Here, of course.
But there's also a small creak down where I live. It doesn't have fish or anything, but it's surrounded by trees and has rocks for skipping on, so that's something~
Though, I fee like each year I go down there, more and more water disappears.

instagram. i have an anime account and the community of other anime accounts is really sweet -- it depends on who you get involved with though. most of my online friends were met through instagram

My old elementary school.
I know all the teachers and I have my way around memorized. Being there is like being at a home away from home.
There's also a lot of nostalgia involved.

In my room next to my boyfriend, like he can be dead asleep or just close to me in any way and I just feel so secure and happy cause he's the most amazing man ever.

Back