• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Cave: A new purpose

Pokeking

Dream Wanderer
Bells
Switch
6827-7951-1977
Black Hybrid Rose
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Chocolate Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
In the 2.0 update, we received a new DIY to construct the Cave which requires 10 Vines, 30 Glowing Moss, and 30 Stones. Today, I thought of a purpose it could have had. I thought of it when I was crafting a wooden storage shed to place in the northern part of my island which is near where I have the cave.

What if the Cave was something the player could actually enter? Think about it. It could be a single 8x8 room that could be set up anywhere on the island. It would work like the rooms in their house, but the player would be able to set this structure wherever they want whenever they want without paying Nook. To avoid the risk of selling the stuff you have displayed in the cave, if you pocket the cave, the stuff would be put in the player's storage. It'd be nice to have something like this because sometimes I have a nice idea for a room's theme but I like the themes of the other rooms to give them up so I sometimes have to put stuff like this outside. Ignore the fact that it looks like a cave. Anything can be set inside and that includes wallpapers.

Wish you could enter the Cave and decorate?

That would be amazing. Your idea reminds me of the secret bases in some of the pokemon games. In some of the games there's even a whole underground system but I can't imagine nintendo implementing that in an AC game. My suggestion though is I think the cave could just serve as an entrance so that when you pocket the cave, your cave room is still "there" but you just can't access it without a cave. Also would be great if you could use any cave to access the secret room.

I also thought of secret bases in Pokémon games, which were one of my favorite features. I loved my secret base in Pokémon Emerald. I’d love if this cave item had a purpose rather than it being just for show. I personally feel like a lot of items in this game are “just for show.” Some of those items getting a purpose would be nice!

i wouldn’t be opposed to this at all, but i honestly don’t think i’d utilize it. i have a hard enough time decorating my island and my houses, i don’t really need a cave to decorate as well haha. it’s a nice idea, though; it’d be cool to have a sort of secret space on your island that you could decorate, and having another item you could actually interact with would be neat. there’s a lot of things that could’ve been interactive or that i wish were, like the plaza teacup ride. imagine if you could actually ride in that, or if even just your villagers could.

I always thought it would be a nice idea of our villager can you go in the cave and find some crystals in there. Like in new leaf there were amethysts and such. Ores like ruby, amethyst, sapphire, emerald, silver, and gold.

Perhaps not even go in the cave, but give the impression the villager is in the cave. Like in the Sims game, the sims could go into the catacombs and come out with all these nice items found in there. The game would prompt you to pick certain dialogues. You went in to explore the catacomsbs, but you didn’t really see the sims go in. Something like that would have been nice.

Back